07-26-10, 06:14 PM   #1
lrddread
A Defias Bandit
how to save settings to use on dif chars

Is there a way to save profiles in carbonite so can be used on other chars or dif accounts or dif servers. seems none of positions etc get saved if you copy wtf folder to dif char folder etc so if there is a way to save positions and use them on dif servers, accounts could someone please let me know?

Thanks in advance.

07-26-10, 08:58 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Settings are saved automatically on WoW exit. Might just be log off of character, but I'm not sure. You can make your current characters' Carbonite look like another by opening Carbonite's "Options" window (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) and going to the "Reset" page. Choose to "Import settings from a character", in the list that opens, choose the character and click on it. You will get a confirmation pop up, choose the "Import" button, and your interface will reload. After reloading, all the Carbonite windows should be positioned and sized like the character you chose.

As far as I can tell, Carbonite saves the settings per account. That's all characters on one account regardless of the server.

I don't know how to copy settings between accounts, but there is probably a way.

07-27-10, 12:08 AM   #3
b3vad
A Fallenroot Satyr
files

you can find your setting files for account in ..\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\[account name]
and there is folders for each character for per character settings . then there is a folder named "SavedVariables" open it and you can see 2 file with name of each addon that saves something on your hard disk

you can copy them to another character

07-27-10, 02:20 AM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
You can make your current characters' Carbonite look like another by opening Carbonite's "Options" window (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) and going to the "Reset" page. Choose to "Import settings from a character", in the list that opens, choose the character and click on it. You will get a confirmation pop up, choose the "Import" button, and your interface will reload. After reloading, all the Carbonite windows should be positioned and sized like the character you chose.
Alternatively, you can open the Warehouse section of Carbonite (on your Carb map, in the toolbar, the button that looks like a chest), right click a character, and choose to import his/her settings to your current character, or export his/her settings to all your characters (on that realm and account).

07-27-10, 12:30 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thank you again, Jigain. Just one of the many things I don't know about Carbonite.

07-27-10, 03:37 PM   #6
Jigain
A Molten Giant

And I didn't know about your way of doing it.

More knowledge for everyone!

07-28-10, 01:22 AM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

True dat!!

07-28-10, 02:51 AM   #8
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Thank you again, Jigain. Just one of the many things I don't know about Carbonite.
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
And I didn't know about your way of doing it.

More knowledge for everyone!
True dat!!
Let's... Let's just make a campfire, and sit around singing kum'baya, shall we?

/grumble...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

07-28-10, 10:04 AM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Let's... Let's just make a campfire, and sit around singing kum'baya, shall we?

/grumble...
No. I much prefer "Rock of Ages", but with some metal behind it. Kind of like what Def Leppard did. (God I'm old ...)

07-28-10, 02:13 PM   #10
Jigain
A Molten Giant

No. I much prefer "Rock of Ages", but with some metal behind it. Kind of like what Def Leppard did. (God I'm old ...)
Rolling Stones, "Paint It Black".

You're not the only senior around here. :P

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » how to save settings to use on dif chars