04-10-06, 11:37 AM   #21
akutani
A Murloc Raider
Hey, I use discord mods and I can't get it to show how many charges I have at all. What do I need to do to get it to work. I know nothing about scripting .
04-10-06, 11:58 AM   #22
Heino_H
A Murloc Raider
German translation in localization.lua

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- German localization
if (GetLocale() == "deDE") then
INNERFIRE_TEXT = {
-- Name of spell in spellbook
SPELLNAME_INNER_FIRE = "Inneres Feuer",

-- Slash commands
COMMAND_HELP = "hilfe",
COMMAND_ON = "an",
COMMAND_ENABLE = "einschalten",
COMMAND_OFF = "aus",
COMMAND_DISABLE = "ausschalten",
COMMAND_STATUS = "status",
COMMAND_DEBUGON = "debugan",
COMMAND_DEBUGOFF = "debugaus",
COMMAND_MACRO = "makro", -- new slash command for HasInnerFire help

-- Slash command responses
COMMAND_ENABLE_CONFIRM = INNERFIRE_EM.ON.."Innerfire ist eingeschaltet"..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
COMMAND_DISABLE_CONFIRM = INNERFIRE_EM.ON.."Innerfire ist ausgeschaltet"..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
COMMAND_ENABLE_FAILED = INNERFIRE_EM.RED.."Innerfire kann f\195\188r deine Klasse nicht aktiviert werden"..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
COMMAND_ENABLED_STATUS = INNERFIRE_EM.ON.."Innerfire ist im Moment eingeschaltet"..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
COMMAND_DISABLED_STATUS = INNERFIRE_EM.ON.."Innerfire ist im Moment ausgeschaltet"..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
COMMAND_UNABLE_STATUS = INNERFIRE_EM.ON.."Innerfire ist f\195\188r deine Klasse nicht aktiviert"..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
COMMAND_MACRO_HELP = INNERFIRE_EM.ON.."Dieses Makro w\195\188rde "..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF.."\"Inneres Feuer\" "..INNERFIRE_EM.ON.."dann einschalten wenn es nicht an ist, nur noch maximal 5 Aufladungen oder 30 Sekunden Restlaufzeit hat. Bei gedr\195\188ckter ALT Taste wird "..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF.."\"Inneres Feuer\" "..INNERFIRE_EM.ON.."auf jeden Fall gecastet, egal wieviele Aufladungen oder Restzeit noch \195\188brig sind: "..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF.."\n/script if IsAltKeyDown() then CastSpellByName(\"Inneres Feuer\"); elseif not HasInnerFire(5, 30) then CastSpellByName(\"Inneres Feuer\"); end",
-- new command response and an example for HasInnerFire so I hopefully never forget how to use this useful function
COMMAND_DEBUGON_CONFIRM = "Innerfire debuggen ist eingeschaltet",
COMMAND_DEBUGOFF_CONFIRM = "Innerfire debuggen ist ausgeschaltet",

-- Debug header
DEBUG = INNERFIRE_EM.ON.."Innerfire: "..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF;
};

-- Help text
INNERFIRE_HELP = {
INNERFIRE_EM.ON.."Stellt einen Z\195\164hler zur Verf\195\188gung der anzeigt, wieviele Aufladungen f\195\188r den \"Inneres Feuer\" St\195\164rkungszauber eines Priesters verbleiben"..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
" /innerfire "..INNERFIRE_TEXT.COMMAND_HELP..INNERFIRE_EM.ON.." zeigt diesen Hilfe Text an"..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
" /innerfire "..INNERFIRE_TEXT.COMMAND_ON..INNERFIRE_EM.ON.." schaltet Innerfire an"..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
" /innerfire "..INNERFIRE_TEXT.COMMAND_OFF..INNERFIRE_EM.ON.." schaltet Innerfire aus"..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
" /innerfire "..INNERFIRE_TEXT.COMMAND_STATUS..INNERFIRE_EM.ON.." zeigt den Status von Innerfire"..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
INNERFIRE_EM.ON.."Bietet auch die durch ein Makro aufrufbare Funktion "..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF.."HasInnerFire(minCharges, minDuration)",
" /innerfire "..INNERFIRE_TEXT.COMMAND_MACRO..INNERFIRE_EM.ON.." zeigt ein Beispiel f\195\188r die Funktion "..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF.."HasInnerFire(minCharges, minDuration)", -- new help text for HasInnerFire

};
end

In innerfire.lua I added under command section:

elseif (command == INNERFIRE_TEXT.COMMAND_MACRO) then
if (DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME) then
DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(INNERFIRE_TEXT.COMMAND_MACRO_HELP);

I hope I didn't break anything with these modifications but as far as I can tell everything works as well as before

EDIT:

I added some functionality to show a help for the HasInnerFire(minCharges, minDuration) function (marked above).

I hope it's ok for you that I modified the mod in this way but I'm a forgetful guy and it should be very helpful for me and maybe my guildmates

Cheers

Serentim aka Heino_H

Last edited by Heino_H : 04-12-06 at 03:49 AM.
04-10-06, 12:12 PM   #23
akutani
A Murloc Raider
i had to use the http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=2005 reborn one to get it to work
04-10-06, 07:12 PM   #24
limdul
A Murloc Raider
Could you add a "HasShadowGuard(x duration) too? would be nice to use this on both spells, since they normaly need to be recast the same time
04-10-06, 08:04 PM   #25
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Heino_H
With the french client the mod still behaves a bit *****y. No charges removed when hit with SPELLLOGOTHERSELF. But I'm sure you will find a solution for this
Hmmm, that is odd. I did test the new StringToFind function with the french client's COMBAT and SPELL strings you posted before, and it seemed to work ok with them (i.e., testing them against "by hand" generated example strings seemed to work) so not sure what is going on there. If you want to look into this further, perhaps you could record the combat log of a fight where this happens (the command on the english client is /combatlog which toggles combat logging on and off, and it should tell you where it is putting the log) and post that here?

German translation in localization.lua
Thats awesome, thankyou!

I added some functionality to show a help for the HasInnerFire(minCharges, minDuration) function (marked above).
Thats not a bad idea, I might roll that in as well

Thankyou again for your help Serentim, its very much appreciated!

Cheers
-- Cirk
04-10-06, 08:35 PM   #26
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by akutani
i had to use the http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=2005 reborn one to get it to work
Yes akutani, thats something that I noted specifically in the download page, and in my posts above - the default GypsyMod buff bar (still) doesn't have a text object for rendering the count into, so you need to use an "improved" one, such as the one you downloaded (which is the same one I linked in my post too).

Originally Posted by limdul
Could you add a "HasShadowGuard(x duration) too? would be nice to use this on both spells, since they normaly need to be recast the same time
I'd rather not roll this into the Innerfire addon directly limdul, since I really want it to be Inner Fire specific, rather than also support other things. You can pretty readily find addons that will remind you about buffs fading as well (such as Smartbuff). Alternatively, you can make a macro that will do something similar to a macro using HasInnerFire, but does it all in the one macro (no other addons required). I could write that for you if I knew what the texture for the Shadowguard buff icon was (I don't have a Troll priest of level 20 to find it out myself).

Cheers
-- Cirk
04-11-06, 07:33 AM   #27
Heino_H
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cirk
perhaps you could record the combat log of a fight where this happens (the command on the english client is /combatlog which toggles combat logging on and off, and it should tell you where it is putting the log) and post that here?
Here we go.

French combat log (did several fights to be sure I don't miss something important):

Code:
4/11 14:36:54.413  Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 89 points de dégâts.
4/11 14:36:56.381  Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 87 points de dégâts.
4/11 14:36:58.491  Maillet DE Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 130 points de dégâts.  -- SPELLLOGOTHERSELF
4/11 14:37:00.397  Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 76 points de dégâts.
4/11 14:37:02.366  Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 82 points de dégâts.
4/11 14:37:04.413  Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 82 points de dégâts.
4/11 14:37:06.647  Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 82 points de dégâts.
4/11 14:37:08.866  Maillet DE Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 137 points de dégâts.  -- SPELLLOGOTHERSELF
4/11 14:37:12.413  Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 84 points de dégâts.
4/11 14:37:14.444  Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 85 points de dégâts.
4/11 14:37:21.022  Maillet DE Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 137 points de dégâts.  -- SPELLLOGOTHERSELF
4/11 14:37:22.460  Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 85 points de dégâts.
4/11 14:37:24.460  Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 74 points de dégâts.
4/11 14:37:26.475  Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 83 points de dégâts.
4/11 14:37:28.491  Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 73 points de dégâts.
4/11 14:37:30.694  Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 71 points de dégâts.
4/11 14:37:32.897  Maillet DE Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 137 points de dégâts.  -- SPELLLOGOTHERSELF
4/11 14:37:34.491  Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 69 points de dégâts.
4/11 14:37:36.710  Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 88 points de dégâts.
4/11 14:37:38.507  Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 71 points de dégâts.
4/11 14:37:38.897  Feu intérieur vient de se dissiper. -- inner fire disappears with 4 charges of the counter left
For comparison the german combat log (everything is fine on the german client):

Code:
4/11 14:58:02.616  Splitterzahnraufer trifft Euch für 69 Schaden.
4/11 14:58:04.741  Splitterzahnraufer trifft Euch für 79 Schaden.
4/11 14:58:06.772  Splitterzahnraufer trifft Euch für 82 Schaden.
4/11 14:58:09.303  Splitterzahnraufer trifft Euch (mit Schlägel). Schaden: 127.  -- SPELLLOGOTHERSELF
4/11 14:58:10.913  Splitterzahnraufer trifft Euch für 77 Schaden.
4/11 14:58:12.819  Splitterzahnraufer trifft Euch für 76 Schaden.
4/11 14:58:14.757  Splitterzahnraufer trifft Euch für 79 Schaden.
4/11 14:58:17.147  Splitterzahnraufer trifft Euch (mit Schlägel). Schaden: 143.  -- SPELLLOGOTHERSELF
4/11 14:58:18.850  Splitterzahnraufer trifft Euch für 81 Schaden.
4/11 14:58:20.866  Splitterzahnraufer trifft Euch für 68 Schaden.
4/11 14:58:22.882  Splitterzahnraufer trifft Euch für 73 Schaden.
4/11 14:58:25.288  Splitterzahnraufer trifft Euch (mit Schlägel). Schaden: 138.  -- SPELLLOGOTHERSELF
4/11 14:58:26.788  Splitterzahnraufer trifft Euch für 76 Schaden.
4/11 14:58:28.741  Splitterzahnraufer trifft Euch für 86 Schaden.
4/11 14:58:30.741  Splitterzahnraufer trifft Euch für 87 Schaden.
4/11 14:58:32.928  Splitterzahnraufer trifft Euch für 81 Schaden.
4/11 14:58:35.147  Splitterzahnraufer trifft Euch (mit Schlägel). Schaden: 134.  -- SPELLLOGOTHERSELF
4/11 14:58:36.757  Splitterzahnraufer trifft Euch für 80 Schaden.
4/11 14:58:38.772  Splitterzahnraufer trifft Euch für 74 Schaden.
4/11 14:58:40.772  Splitterzahnraufer trifft Euch für 72 Schaden.
4/11 14:58:41.585  'Inneres Feuer' schwindet von Euch. -- inner fire disappears, with no charges left
Serentim aka Heino_H

Last edited by Heino_H : 04-11-06 at 07:36 AM.
04-12-06, 08:38 AM   #28
CommanderSirow
A Murloc Raider
Request:

Request: Add support for Discord Unitframes (www.discordmods.com) thats all
04-12-06, 07:05 PM   #29
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

French combat log (did several fights to be sure I don't miss something important):
Code:
4/11 14:36:54.413  Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 89 points de dégâts.
4/11 14:36:56.381  Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 87 points de dégâts.
4/11 14:36:58.491  Maillet DE Marteleur Crocs acérés vous inflige 130 points de dégâts.  -- SPELLLOGOTHERSELF
Hmmm, thats very odd that the DE is capitalized there. The SPELLLOGOTHERSELF from Globalstrings.lua you quoted before was:
Code:
SPELLLOGOTHERSELF = "%2$s de %1$s vous inflige %3$d points de dégâts.";
In which the first "de" is not capitalized (and acérés is also missing, but maybe that is inserted by the client as part of the creature name. although I'm not sure why that would be the case).

Assuming that for some random reason the french client is capitalizing the "de" here, can you try the following Serentim? In the Innerfire_OnEvent function (which will be around line 519 in your modified Innerfire.lua) where the client checks arg1 against the SPELLLOGOTHERSELF and SPELLLOGCRITOTHERSELF (at lines 541 and 542 or so) change these to:
Code:
    if (string.find(string.lower(arg1), string.lower(_patternData.SPELLLOGOTHERSELF)) or
        string.find(string.lower(arg1), string.lower(_patternData.SPELLLOGCRITOTHERSELF))) then
This isn't an optimal solution by any means (and you might want to take it out again after you've tested it) - its really just a hack to test to see if it really is because the French client is doing that capitalization which is causing the problem.

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by CommanderSirow
Request: Add support for Discord Unitframes (www.discordmods.com) thats all
As far as I am aware DUF doesn't use or provide a custom buff frame, so Innerfire should work with it. Let me know if this isn't the case.

-- Cirk

Last edited by Cirk : 04-12-06 at 07:07 PM. Reason: clarification
04-13-06, 03:25 AM   #30
Heino_H
A Murloc Raider
Hello Cirk,

the changes in the Innerfire_OnEvent function did the trick and SPELLLOGOTHERSELF is now handled correctly.

I noticed this capitalization of "de" in several parts of the french combat log.

For example, an attack with smite does " ... xxx points de dégâts DE Sacré" (translated word by word: xxx points of damage OF holy).

SPELLLOGSCHOOLSELFOTHER = "Votre %s touche %s et lui inflige %d points de dégâts |2 %s."; where the |2 stands for the DE I guess.

On the other hand SPELLLOGOTHERSELF = "%2$s de %1$s vous inflige %3$d points de dégâts."; does not include |2 but in the combat log the DE is capitalized

I don't understand it but at the moment I'm just happy on the german client everything is ok

Cheers

Serentim
04-13-06, 05:55 PM   #31
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

the changes in the Innerfire_OnEvent function did the trick and SPELLLOGOTHERSELF is now handled correctly.

I noticed this capitalization of "de" in several parts of the french combat log.

For example, an attack with smite does " ... xxx points de dégâts DE Sacré" (translated word by word: xxx points of damage OF holy).

SPELLLOGSCHOOLSELFOTHER = "Votre %s touche %s et lui inflige %d points de dégâts |2 %s."; where the |2 stands for the DE I guess.

On the other hand SPELLLOGOTHERSELF = "%2$s de %1$s vous inflige %3$d points de dégâts."; does not include |2 but in the combat log the DE is capitalized

I don't understand it but at the moment I'm just happy on the german client everything is ok
Hi Serentim, thanks for the feedback on this!

It looks to me like the French client has a bug in it that for whatever reason is capitalizing one of the "de" in the strings it outputs (I'm not even sure where to post about that on Blizzard's forums either). At any rate, it makes the processing on the client side a bit more difficult, as you've seen

As for the parameters used in the strings, the %1$d, %2$s format is pretty straight forward (Java format parameter specification) but the |2 used in SPELLLOGSCHOOLSELFOTHER is interesting - I wonder if that is supposed to indicated de or aux depending on the values passed perhaps.

I'll try and roll out a "better" fix for this French client problem when I do the next release (with the full German localization), but otherwise it sounds like it is all working okay for now.

And to think that all this trouble is really because I was trying to be clever and have the addon automatically generate its pattern match strings itself, rather than rely on them being typed in by hand for each language!

Anyway, thanks again Serentim, you've been a HUGE help, and it is very much appreciated!
-- Cirk
04-16-06, 04:42 PM   #32
corveroth
A Fallenroot Satyr
This is a very awesome mod; I was starting to think I'd need to learn some of this stuff myself to write one for this! While this is sufficient in its current state, could I make a request, hopefully a small one? Instead of having the number of charges printed on top of the buff icon, I'd rather have it print to a medium-sze (slightly bigger than a normal icon) movable frame. Of course, I'm sure that seems fairly random, so if you tell me just to muddle though learning LUA myself, I'll understand.
04-18-06, 12:39 PM   #33
Ferdydurke
A Kobold Labourer
Hi Cirk,

A french translation in localization.lua

-- French localization
if (GetLocale() == "frFR") then
INNERFIRE_TEXT = {
-- Name of spell in spellbook
SPELLNAME_INNER_FIRE = "Feu int\195\169rieur",

-- Slash commands
COMMAND_HELP = "help",
COMMAND_ON = "on",
COMMAND_ENABLE = "enable",
COMMAND_OFF = "off",
COMMAND_DISABLE = "disable",
COMMAND_STATUS = "status",
COMMAND_DEBUGON = "debugon",
COMMAND_DEBUGOFF = "debugoff",

-- Slash command responses
COMMAND_ENABLE_CONFIRM = INNERFIRE_EM.ON.."Innerfire est activ\195\169."..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
COMMAND_DISABLE_CONFIRM = INNERFIRE_EM.ON.."Innerfire est d\195\169sactiv\195\169."..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
COMMAND_ENABLE_FAILED = INNERFIRE_EM.RED.."Innerfire ne peut pas \195\170tre activ\195\169 pour votre classe."..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
COMMAND_ENABLED_STATUS = INNERFIRE_EM.ON.."Innerfire est actuellement activ\195\169."..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
COMMAND_DISABLED_STATUS = INNERFIRE_EM.ON.."Innerfire est actuellement d\195\169sactiv\195\169."..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
COMMAND_UNABLE_STATUS = INNERFIRE_EM.ON.."Innerfire n\39est pas activable pour votre classe."..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
COMMAND_DEBUGON_CONFIRM = "Innerfire debug activ\195\169.",
COMMAND_DEBUGOFF_CONFIRM = "Innerfire debug d\195\169sactiv\195\169.",

-- Debug header
DEBUG = INNERFIRE_EM.ON.."Innerfire: "..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF;
};

-- Help text
INNERFIRE_HELP = {
INNERFIRE_EM.ON.."Affiche un compteur indiquant le nombre de charges qui restent au buff Feu int\195\169rieur d\39un pr\195\170tre."..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
" /innerfire "..INNERFIRE_TEXT.COMMAND_HELP..INNERFIRE_EM.ON.." montre ce message d\39aide"..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
" /innerfire "..INNERFIRE_TEXT.COMMAND_ON..INNERFIRE_EM.ON.." active Innerfire"..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
" /innerfire "..INNERFIRE_TEXT.COMMAND_OFF..INNERFIRE_EM.ON.." d\195\169sactive Innerfire"..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
" /innerfire "..INNERFIRE_TEXT.COMMAND_STATUS..INNERFIRE_EM.ON.." montre le r\195\169glage de Innerfire"..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF,
INNERFIRE_EM.ON.."Introduit aussi la fonction utilisable par macro "..INNERFIRE_EM.OFF.."HasInnerFire(minCharges, minDuration)"
};
end

Thanks for your mod !

Ferdydurke

Last edited by Ferdydurke : 04-18-06 at 12:42 PM.
04-20-06, 11:22 AM   #34
SyrinxPriest
A Fallenroot Satyr

Don't know if this has been suggested or if it's even possible but, was wondering if you could have an option to send a message/tone to the chat frame or the player frame when the charges left reach a certain number.

Say you set your charges left to 5, when your inner fire reaches 5 charges left, a tone is played notifying me to rebuff myself.

Kind of like the function you have built into your Blessing's mod for paladins when they reach a time limit.
05-12-06, 01:17 PM   #35
K.Rool
A Murloc Raider

Since it's a Priest addon, can you include a counter for the Troll Priest's Shadow Guard? It has 3 charges :P
05-19-06, 03:50 PM   #36
kilan
A Defias Bandit
Groupbuttons.

Cirk,

I tried this mod and I like it, but had a small problem - using Inner Fire from my action bar worked great, but, using inner fire from Discord GroupButtons turned out to not work at all.

I tracked it down to a problem in GroupButtons - in file GB_Buttons.lua line 487 the code says:
CastSpell( GB_SPELLS[spellName][spellRank].id, "BOOKTYPE_SPELL" );

... still being really new to Lua and WoW addons, I don't really know who's right and who's wrong, your check in your overridden version of CastSpell for the constant BOOKTYPE_SPELL, or Lozareth where he's using a string instead of the constant. Or should both be accepted?

*scratches head*

Anyway, I fixed my issue by changing GroupButtons:

CastSpell( GB_SPELLS[spellName][spellRank].id, BOOKTYPE_SPELL );

and it still works fine but now works with InnerFire.

Thought this might be of use to other GroupButtons users.

Kilan
05-25-06, 07:48 AM   #37
Grimmor
A Murloc Raider

Hey Cirk,

I would truly love your mod if it would support Discord..
So that's my little request.. could you add support for Discord?

I'm sure more here would love to see it.

Thanks in advance!
07-04-06, 10:26 PM   #38
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Obsolete?

With client patch 1.11, the number of charges remaining on Inner Fire (and other charges based spells) are now reported/shown directly by the default client. As such I was going to obsolete and discard Innerfire, since it really isn't needed anymore.

The only reason I can see to keep Innerfire would be for its HasInnerFire macro function. Is anyone using this macro and really needs me to maintain Innerfire (modified for the new 1.11 interfaces), or can we let this one go?

Please let me know
-- Cirk

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Cirk's Innerfire