10-14-08, 06:58 AM   #21
Anjuna
A Kobold Labourer
~ Another multiboxer posting in the macaroon thread.

I wish I had stumbled upon this a little earlier. Going to make the switch when I get home from work today. So... to do this, all I need to do is install & run the importer and all trinity settings will be imported into macaroon? Or is it just wishful thinking?

Doesn't matter too much, thanks for getting this done for us!

10-14-08, 11:25 AM   #22
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Anjuna View Post
~ Another multiboxer posting in the macaroon thread.

I wish I had stumbled upon this a little earlier. Going to make the switch when I get home from work today. So... to do this, all I need to do is install & run the importer and all trinity settings will be imported into macaroon? Or is it just wishful thinking?

Doesn't matter too much, thanks for getting this done for us!
Well, so far the importer has been working on my side. The reports of it working/not working have been very thin. I can only hope it works for you

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-14-08, 11:57 AM   #23
LuchidorDrixon
A Murloc Raider
I really liked Trinity, in fact I advocate people to use it thanks to the macro system. Being able to have the versatility to make as many macro's as you want is always handy, especially since I can make macros for random things (mounting/dismounting, weapon swapping, etc) and hide them off the screen to reduce my clutter. (I'm a hunter so I have a bunch of stuff on my screen). Trinity made my life easier and I'm hoping this new incarnation is just as awesome.

So will there still be on the fly keybinding and key binding through the spellbook? Those options were to me, nice bells and whistles that made Trinity even better. I probably didn't use half the options I could have in Trinity, but I didn't need to. On my rogue it was pretty simple. 2 bars and one changed when I stealthed heh.

I guess if I could just sum it up, will us die hard Trinity fans really see any difference?

By the way, the FAQ is great. I think it will help a lot of people unfamiliar with Trinity figure it out.

10-14-08, 12:11 PM   #24
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by LuchidorDrixon View Post
I really liked Trinity, in fact I advocate people to use it thanks to the macro system. Being able to have the versatility to make as many macro's as you want is always handy, especially since I can make macros for random things (mounting/dismounting, weapon swapping, etc) and hide them off the screen to reduce my clutter. (I'm a hunter so I have a bunch of stuff on my screen). Trinity made my life easier and I'm hoping this new incarnation is just as awesome.

So will there still be on the fly keybinding and key binding through the spellbook? Those options were to me, nice bells and whistles that made Trinity even better. I probably didn't use half the options I could have in Trinity, but I didn't need to. On my rogue it was pretty simple. 2 bars and one changed when I stealthed heh.

I guess if I could just sum it up, will us die hard Trinity fans really see any difference?

By the way, the FAQ is great. I think it will help a lot of people unfamiliar with Trinity figure it out.

Yup! on mouseover keybindings. It is a little known fact but Trinity Bars is where the mouse-over keybinding thing all began Macaroon has an even better improved system.

Spellbook keybindings are available via the complementary addon called "Macaroon Xtras"

I think the vast majority of Trinity Bars users will be happy to very happy with Macaroon. I do foresee some users having to re-setup their UI from scratch, as the importer is not well tested. There will be other users that will get frustrated just because of the mere fact it is a change, but that is to be expected.

There are a few features that are not in yet, like anchor buttons, but I do plan on adding them back in.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-14-08, 12:50 PM   #25
LuchidorDrixon
A Murloc Raider
Smile

Originally Posted by Maul View Post
Yup! on mouseover keybindings. It is a little known fact but Trinity Bars is where the mouse-over keybinding thing all began Macaroon has an even better improved system.

Spellbook keybindings are available via the complementary addon called "Macaroon Xtras"

I think the vast majority of Trinity Bars users will be happy to very happy with Macaroon. I do foresee some users having to re-setup their UI from scratch, as the importer is not well tested. There will be other users that will get frustrated just because of the mere fact it is a change, but that is to be expected.

There are a few features that are not in yet, like anchor buttons, but I do plan on adding them back in.

Yea the mouseover keybindings are awesome. I love doing that on that on the fly. I don't know what the "anchor's" are so maybe I never used them.

As for setting it up from scratch, I don't mind doing that myself. The main thing is getting the bars setup right. I'm curious as to what they are going to do with hunters as far a pet skills (since we have a ton now) and how the pet bar is going to be. Right now, I'd say that need to expand the number of slots on the pet bar, but then again, maybe Macroon will do this.

Also with the rogue class now having shadowdance (which pops you in and out of stealth for 10seconds) I wonder how the UI is going to handle that. For example, now if you go into a stealth, your bar switches to your "stealth" abilites. Since shadowdance slips you in and out, how do you think that it will be accomplished.

For me, I figured I would setup one bar dedicated to my stealth only abilites and just have to keep them active on the screen the whole time, but this presents a problem when trying to seamlessly move from stealth to non stealth abilites. (Well with Shadowdance putting the rogue in and out of the vanish stance)

For example in stealth, Bar 1 has Ambush (Keybound to number 1) and Cheap Shot (keybound to number 2). When I pop out of stealth, now Eviscerate is in the number 1 slot (still using the same keybind #1) and Sinister Strike is now in the number 2 spot (using number 2). So it's intuitive when sneaking up on a target.

Press number 2 to cheap shot
and then continue pressing number 2 to sinister strike.

WIth shadow dance, if the bar has a hard time switching between "stances" (for lack of a better term) then it will make rogues have to find a better way to go smoothly from stealth to non stealth abilites.

Hope I didn't get too far off track...

10-14-08, 12:56 PM   #26
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by LuchidorDrixon View Post
Yea the mouseover keybindings are awesome. I love doing that on that on the fly. I don't know what the "anchor's" are so maybe I never used them.

As for setting it up from scratch, I don't mind doing that myself. The main thing is getting the bars setup right. I'm curious as to what they are going to do with hunters as far a pet skills (since we have a ton now) and how the pet bar is going to be. Right now, I'd say that need to expand the number of slots on the pet bar, but then again, maybe Macroon will do this.

Also with the rogue class now having shadowdance (which pops you in and out of stealth for 10seconds) I wonder how the UI is going to handle that. For example, now if you go into a stealth, your bar switches to your "stealth" abilites. Since shadowdance slips you in and out, how do you think that it will be accomplished.

For me, I figured I would setup one bar dedicated to my stealth only abilites and just have to keep them active on the screen the whole time, but this presents a problem when trying to seamlessly move from stealth to non stealth abilites. (Well with Shadowdance putting the rogue in and out of the vanish stance)

For example in stealth, Bar 1 has Ambush (Keybound to number 1) and Cheap Shot (keybound to number 2). When I pop out of stealth, now Eviscerate is in the number 1 slot (still using the same keybind #1) and Sinister Strike is now in the number 2 spot (using number 2). So it's intuitive when sneaking up on a target.

Press number 2 to cheap shot
and then continue pressing number 2 to sinister strike.

WIth shadow dance, if the bar has a hard time switching between "stances" (for lack of a better term) then it will make rogues have to find a better way to go smoothly from stealth to non stealth abilites.

Hope I didn't get too far off track...
Macaroon will allow you to customize the pet bar easily. For more than TB ever could.

So far the skill shadow dance has not yet triggered the stealth state on rogues, at least that I have seen. This has been debated in beta and I am not sure where it will go.

10-14-08, 01:17 PM   #27
LuchidorDrixon
A Murloc Raider
Macaroon will allow you to customize the pet bar easily. For more than TB ever could.

So far the skill shadow dance has not yet triggered the stealth state on rogues, at least that I have seen. This has been debated in beta and I am not sure where it will go.
so it seems that rogues will just have to put the abilities they can use in stealth somewhere else in the action bar during their shadowdance, or have have their bar be setup so that when an event (shadowdance) is triggered, the bar changes to the "shadowdance" bar. I don't know if that can even be done. Sort of like how bars can be hidden until their pvp flag is turned on etc...

Stealth State -
Non-stealth State
(can do those two now)
and then Shadowdance State
(not sure if there is a third)

*edit oh and I can't wait for the customizable pet bar. My hunter is my first love...and with all the new tricks pets have, it's going to be fun. I thought I was going to have to grow 4 arms to pvp, but your mod will probably only make have to have 3.

Last edited by LuchidorDrixon : 10-14-08 at 01:43 PM.

10-14-08, 01:57 PM   #28
Scorpiodrush
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Duugu View Post
Thanks for that Maul.
Just found the importer and will test Macaroon.
Where is the Importer. I've seen two references to it but no link or mention of how to find/ how it works.

10-14-08, 02:05 PM   #29
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Scorpiodrush View Post
Where is the Importer. I've seen two references to it but no link or mention of how to find/ how it works.
It is at the old TrinityBars project, here -

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...nImporter.html

10-14-08, 02:11 PM   #30
Scorpiodrush
A Murloc Raider
It is at the old TrinityBars project, here -

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...nImporter.html
I found it about 2 minutes before I read your Reply. LOL thanks anyways! I found it. I need to wait till server's go live to check if it works. Heres to hoping. I had quite a unique UI >.< took about 2 hours to set the bars with TB2.

10-14-08, 02:55 PM   #31
Malsis
Premium Member

Just wanted to say, Maul, as a long-time trinity user, I can't wait to see how Macaroon will turn out.

Do you remember the original Flexbar? That was the most perfect bar addon. It removed all the restrictions on where/what/how bars were used. Then of course, Blizzard broke the api.

Trinity was easily as good as Flexbar, and exceeded it in several ways. Being a coder myself (though not on addons yet) I completely understand what you mean when you say Trinity was heading the wrong way.

Very often in coding projects you write loads of stuff and suddenly something clicks and you can see the whole thing heading for a cliff or a brick wall.

Nothing to do but bite the bullet, pull out what you can use, discard the rest and start over.

If you don't do that, you end up with Microsoft Windows

Patch day tomorrow here in Europe. I'm going to clear out my addons folder and the first thing in will be Macaroon.

Then we go through the rest and see whats broken.
All the best..
BAzz

10-14-08, 03:05 PM   #32
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

"If you don't do that, you end up with Microsoft Windows "

Haha

10-14-08, 04:09 PM   #33
skeller
A Murloc Raider
A couple of questions from a user of TB (I'm playing around on other servers as my realm isn't up yet and I've not been able to try the importer):

1. Can you clone bars?

2. Is there a way to create bars that have menu options/bags/etc. as their buttons?

10-14-08, 06:41 PM   #34
Scorpiodrush
A Murloc Raider
Question. In Macroon can you make the individual buttons the Circle skin they had in Trinity Bars 2? If not, I'm going to be mightily depressed. (not the circle alignment, I know you can do that.)

10-14-08, 06:48 PM   #35
marketfresh
A Murloc Raider
im having some trouble. i play a warrior, so i have my stances. so i create a bar, with 12 buttons, set it to stance, and do a /mac config to disable config mode, but everytime i do so, the bars become completely invisible or something, i dont seem them at all. I have been messing around trying to make a bar stay on screen, but it wont. any ideas?

10-14-08, 07:16 PM   #36
marketfresh
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by marketfresh View Post
im having some trouble. i play a warrior, so i have my stances. so i create a bar, with 12 buttons, set it to stance, and do a /mac config to disable config mode, but everytime i do so, the bars become completely invisible or something, i dont seem them at all. I have been messing around trying to make a bar stay on screen, but it wont. any ideas?

well, "/reload ui" seems to bring everything back up and working, now if only i could stay online long enough to set it all up :-/

however, if there is something that im missing, pls let me know.

10-14-08, 07:20 PM   #37
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by skeller View Post
A couple of questions from a user of TB (I'm playing around on other servers as my realm isn't up yet and I've not been able to try the importer):

1. Can you clone bars?

2. Is there a way to create bars that have menu options/bags/etc. as their buttons?

1) Not yet

2) You can make as many menu/bag bars as you want, however there are only 11 menu buttons and 5 bag buttons to share amongst them. You can however make macros to emulate many of them.

10-14-08, 07:22 PM   #38
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Scorpiodrush View Post
Question. In Macroon can you make the individual buttons the Circle skin they had in Trinity Bars 2? If not, I'm going to be mightily depressed. (not the circle alignment, I know you can do that.)
Yup, you can use Button Facade to skin the buttons (curse.com) and get the Button Facade: Trinity skin pack here on WoWI.

10-14-08, 07:25 PM   #39
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by marketfresh View Post
Sounds like you may be a bit unfamiliar with Trinity/Macaroon

Each state (stance) has it's own unique set of buttons. Therefore, as a warrior, you will have to add buttons to the battle/defensive/berserker stances. This is a bit different than the other bar addons. It offers some unique flexibility.

So, while in config mode, simply left-click on the bar and it will cycle through each stance. When you get to each stance, add as many buttons are you need for that stance. Each stance can have an independent number of buttons. I hope this helps

10-14-08, 08:11 PM   #40
Scorpiodrush
A Murloc Raider
Yup, you can use Button Facade to skin the buttons (curse.com) and get the Button Facade: Trinity skin pack here on WoWI.
Curse shows BuuttonFacade as not being updated since 9-19. Does that version work with the ButtonFacade:Trinity Module from WoWInterface?

(I'd ask less questions, but my server stability is horrible.)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!