06-07-06, 03:02 PM   #21
wereHamster
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by gnosis3d
Is there a way to do UnitHealth of the player in a percent? This would make the script viable throughout all levels.
Code:
UnitHealth("player")/UnitHealthMax("player")
and same with UnitMana(...)
06-08-06, 06:44 AM   #22
Astrocanis
A Black Drake
Storage

Where is the code that I type into CFS stored? I would like to be able to edit the files while offline (at work) and test them in the compiler when I get home at night.
06-08-06, 06:49 AM   #23
wereHamster
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Astrocanis
Where is the code that I type into CFS stored?
per-character saved-variables

WTF\Account\[acc]\[realm]\[char]\SavedVariables\ColdFusionShell.lua

Last edited by wereHamster : 06-08-06 at 06:52 AM.
06-08-06, 07:15 AM   #24
Astrocanis
A Black Drake
Wow! Fast response.

Thanks!
06-18-06, 08:22 PM   #25
Astrocanis
A Black Drake
I hope this question doesn't seem too stupid. I am trying to capture my current stance (BattleStance, BerserkerStance and DefensiveStance) and, after completing a give action upon a keypress return to my original stance. I added the following:

local myStance
local bStance, zStance = L"BattleStance", L"BerserkerStance"

Later in the program I assign either bStance or zStance to myStance

myStance = bStance (for example)

Then I try to return to my original stance:

CastSpell(myStance)

This does not work, for some reason. What am I doing wrong?

edit: ok - figured that out. Is there anyway to store the state of a variable across macro activations?

Last edited by Astrocanis : 06-18-06 at 08:28 PM.
06-20-06, 04:01 AM   #26
wereHamster
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Astrocanis
ok - figured that out. Is there anyway to store the state of a variable across macro activations?
All global variables should be persistent across script executions. But note that the global variables are not visible in the global environment, eg. if you create a global variable 'myStance' in your script, you won't see it when using Iriel's '/dump myStance'.
All scripts run in a special environment and all global variables you make are stored in the table 'ColdFusionShell', so use '/dump ColdFusionShell' or '/dump ColdFusionShell.myStance' to find out if the variable really exists.

If you haven't understood a word.. simply remove the 'local' before 'myStance'
07-07-06, 11:24 AM   #27
Astrocanis
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Shag
All global variables should be persistent across script executions. But note that the global variables are not visible in the global environment, eg. if you create a global variable 'myStance' in your script, you won't see it when using Iriel's '/dump myStance'.
All scripts run in a special environment and all global variables you make are stored in the table 'ColdFusionShell', so use '/dump ColdFusionShell' or '/dump ColdFusionShell.myStance' to find out if the variable really exists.

If you haven't understood a word.. simply remove the 'local' before 'myStance'
Thanks Shaq. By the way - this is a truly marvelous piece of coding. I am hoping that you have the energy to continue maintaining it! I have become totally addicted to it and would be saddened / moderately destroyed if it stopped working for me.

I am a professional programmer (Oracle - Java - C# - C - C++) with about 20 years of experience and I do appreciate what you've done for us.

Thank you.
07-11-06, 10:58 AM   #28
gnosis3d
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Hunter

I took what you did with the hunter spam, and expanded it slightly. Also, it is 3 seperate peices as to be used in all situations, not just grinding a single mob 1 and another. Mostly, I use this for PvP.

Each one always checks health and will do the appropriate action. I do not include Feign Death here, but I have debated it. With a little tweaking, this can fit any hunter's needs dependent on play-style.

Pet Attack: Checks health... sends pet in, checks for targets etc.
Code:
local itemList = {
    "Greater Healing Potion",
    "Healthstone",
}
if (UnitHealth("player") < 300) then ItemUse(itemList)
if (UnitAffectingCombat("pet")) then TargetUnit("pettarget")
end
if (UnitIsDead("target") or not UnitCanAttack("player", "target")) then
	ClearTarget()
	TargetNearestEnemy()
end
if (UnitExists("target")) then PetAttack()
else Debug("Nothing to attack")
	return
end
Range Attack: Checks health... If target is under 20% health it will slow them... if above 40% it will Hunter's Mark (under that amount, it is probably too close to death and just a waste of mana)... Finally checks for Serpent sting, applies and moves onto AutoShot and Arcane Shot. Due to Aimed Shot being a long cast, I use it seperately.
Code:
local itemList = {
    "Healthstone",
}
elseif SpellReady("Concussive Shot") and (UnitHealth("target") > 20) and (not BuffActive("target", "Concussive Shot")) then CastSpell("Concussive Shot")
elseif (not DebuffActive("target", "Hunter's Mark")) and (UnitHealth("target") < 40) then CastSpell("Hunter's Mark")
elseif SpellReady("Serpent Sting") and (not BuffActive("target", "Serpent Sting")) then CastSpell("Serpent Sting")
elseif SpellReady("Arcane Shot") then CastSpell("Arcane Shot")
else CastSpell("Auto Shot")
end
Melee Attack: Pretty much a melee version of the above Ranged Attack code. Checks health... slows if under 20%... does Mongoose Bite if available, if not it Attacks and does Raptor Strike when available.
Code:
local itemList = {
    "Healthstone",
}
elseif SpellReady("Wing Clip") and (UnitHealth("target") > 20) and (not DebuffActive("target", "Wing Clip")) then CastSpell("Wing Clip")
elseif SpellReady("Mongoose Bite") then CastSpell("Mongoose Bite")
elseif SpellReady("Raptor Strike") then CastSpell("Raptor Strike")
else CastSpell("Attack")
end

Mad props to Shag for the examples. Couldn't have continued this without it.

Last edited by gnosis3d : 07-16-06 at 05:54 PM.
07-12-06, 01:00 AM   #29
wereHamster
A Black Drake

gnosis3d, in the melee script, shouldn't that be 'DebuffActive("target", "Wing Clip")' ? I'm not a hunter but I thought 'Wing Clip' is a debuff.

Anyway, for all warriors out there, and especially tanks, this script will help you tanking mobs that do fear:

It changes to berserker stance IF berserker range is ready, casts berserker rage and then switches back to defensive stance.
Just execute it three times and if berserker rage was ready you're fear-immune and back in the def. stance:

Code:
if (ShapeshiftForm() == "Defensive Stance" and SpellReady("Berserker Rage")) then
    CastShapeshiftForm(3)
elseif (SpellReady("Berserker Rage")) then
    CastSpell("Berserker Rage")
else
    CastShapeshiftForm(2)
end
07-16-06, 05:55 PM   #30
gnosis3d
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Shag
gnosis3d, in the melee script, shouldn't that be 'DebuffActive("target", "Wing Clip")' ? I'm not a hunter but I thought 'Wing Clip' is a debuff.
Fixed it ingame, and forgot about forums. Fixed in forums. Thanks.

One thing... Auto Shot won't fire. Never turns it on. Any ideas?
07-25-06, 01:48 PM   #31
Rollak
An Aku'mai Servant
Code:
if (ShapeshiftForm() == L"BattleStance") then
   CastSpell(L"Overpower")
elseif (ShapeshiftForm() == L"DefensiveStance") then
   CastSpell(L"Revenge")
elseif (ShapeshiftForm() == L"BerserkerStance") then
   CastSpell(L"Overpower")
end
Just as an FYI about this Warrior Revenge / Overpower macro. Overpower cannot be cast while in Berserker Stance . It can only be cast while in Battle Stance.
11-18-06, 11:04 AM   #32
travman67
A Kobold Labourer

Cfs

I am having a lot of fun with this but cannot make any headway...I have really no programming, coding, or scripting experience so I am sure this contributes to my failures, but I can also see a lot of promise.

Thanks for the diversion!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Shag's ColdFusionShell