07-08-09, 02:39 PM   #1
Nosforat
A Defias Bandit
New Beta version any closer?

I've not seen much activity on this forum as far as updates go and no word on any new versions being released soon.

Is there an update you can give us?
07-08-09, 03:32 PM   #2
AsheruWolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A lot of issues are currently being fixed and once that is done you will see more information about new releases.
07-10-09, 11:01 AM   #3
Giddion
A Kobold Labourer
Would love to have even a tentative time frame on release especially since Bug #244 has been fixed.
07-11-09, 11:37 PM   #4
Voorije
Premium Member
Premium Member
I suggest you take a look at the roadmap page located here:

http://www.mmoui.com/bugs/roadmap_page.php

It outlines which issues are slated for each version of Minion & the WoWI Plugin, as well as the completion progress.

Last edited by Voorije : 07-11-09 at 11:41 PM.
08-03-09, 08:47 AM   #5
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Is that roadmap up to date? The 4 remaining issues for the next beta have been "assigned" for quite some time now, and I'm wondering if it's because no progress has been made on them or if the page just wasn't updated.
08-04-09, 08:51 AM   #6
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
I've been working on a lot of things at once, and as such haven't really been committing them. It's likely that despite the fact that the roadmap (correctly) says there has been no progress, it will suddenly shoot to 100% and there will be a new version.

I wanted to get it out today but I simply couldn't; sorry.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
08-06-09, 02:24 AM   #7
Nuwisha
A Murloc Raider
so just thinking... the roadmap says all the changes scheduled for a new core are done... does this mean an update soon?
08-06-09, 07:43 AM   #8
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Nuwisha View Post
so just thinking... the roadmap says all the changes scheduled for a new core are done... does this mean an update soon?
Last time around, the Core update wasn't released until the WoWI module update was also ready. Given that I'm one of those dead-in-the-water Mac users, I really hope that's not the case this time around (unless the real WoWI status is much better than the 23% reported on the roadmap), but I wouldn't be surprised.
08-06-09, 07:47 AM   #9
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Shirik View Post
I've been working on a lot of things at once, and as such haven't really been committing them. It's likely that despite the fact that the roadmap (correctly) says there has been no progress, it will suddenly shoot to 100% and there will be a new version.

I wanted to get it out today but I simply couldn't; sorry.
Appreciate the work and the update, Shirik.
08-06-09, 08:08 AM   #10
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Lots of <3 for teh Shirik. I appreciate your hard work, friend.

08-06-09, 08:49 AM   #11
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by forty2j View Post
Last time around, the Core update wasn't released until the WoWI module update was also ready. Given that I'm one of those dead-in-the-water Mac users, I really hope that's not the case this time around (unless the real WoWI status is much better than the 23% reported on the roadmap), but I wouldn't be surprised.
I need to at least do some QA on the core before pushing out its update, but I don't see an entirely good reason to hold up on it.

The WoWI module does still need some work, and will likely need a core update to go along with it when it's released, but an interim core release for the Mac people isn't such a bad idea.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

/(bb|[^b]{2})/
08-06-09, 09:34 AM   #12
gmhowell
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Yay! But... Well, I'm of two minds.

As a Mac user, the program is unusable, so even a pre-alpha would be nice

And the new patch... There are a ton of addons that will be updated. It would be nice to have that done automagically. But with so much stuff going on, it could lead to some strangeness. How, I don't know, but it could.

Anyway, heckuva good job. Hope that curse and some others make modules. (Or the api gets hammered out enough so that others can develop them. But this also requires that people not code modules that abuse curse and other sites the way that certain people abused wowinterface and curse)
08-06-09, 10:56 AM   #13
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by gmhowell View Post
Yay!
The totality of my feelings are expressed in the quote.
08-09-09, 01:12 PM   #14
Baraius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I need to at least do some QA on the core before pushing out its update, but I don't see an entirely good reason to hold up on it.

The WoWI module does still need some work, and will likely need a core update to go along with it when it's released, but an interim core release for the Mac people isn't such a bad idea.
Bless you! :-)

-Baraius
08-10-09, 01:12 AM   #15
Nuwisha
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Baraius View Post
Bless you! :-)
I would say the same thing but I'm waiting for the release to happen before I jump for joy... I'll admit that I'm lazy and don't update by hand... but I also don't complain too much that the updater isn't working... I'm just upset that it makes just another situation of Mac users feeling like second class citizens when it comes to gaming... this is not a rip for the delay of the mac client fixes just mild frustration of a slightly lazy user...
08-10-09, 02:16 AM   #16
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Originally Posted by gmhowell View Post
And the new patch... There are a ton of addons that will be updated. It would be nice to have that done automagically. But with so much stuff going on, it could lead to some strangeness. How, I don't know, but it could.
IMHO It find it better to disable the addons that cause problems (1). I make a list of the ones not working. I then wait for them to be updated (I get emails about my updated addons).

Then over the next week or so after the patch I actively seek either a fix , update or replacement for the non working ones. For me it does mean sometimes having to edit a bit of lua code myself but I'm a technically oriented guy so I can handle it. Just means when re-updating an addon i've down an lua fix for I gotta look at the version history of the latest update

(1) This task made much easier with ACP and LoadIt as I can save sets of addons and enable/disable addons in game
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
08-19-09, 03:46 PM   #17
Nuwisha
A Murloc Raider

One day away from two weeks on any word on this. Any word on how the QA and possible interim Mac build are coming? no rush or anything just really want to be able to ignore the Curse client again...
08-20-09, 10:51 AM   #18
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
We are planning on pushing out at least an update for the Mac users this Saturday.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

/(bb|[^b]{2})/
08-20-09, 02:48 PM   #19
Nuwisha
A Murloc Raider
We are planning on pushing out at least an update for the Mac users this Saturday.
thanks for the update... you rock
08-22-09, 08:20 AM   #20
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
<-- visits Module Center repeatedly, hoping to see the update

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » New Beta version any closer?