10-26-16, 07:41 AM   #1
Xruptor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
WOWInterface Auto Packager? Curse has it.

Okay I'm getting really tired of having to manually package my addons on WOWInterface everytime I push an update. Normally I have to go through the tedious task of pushing it to the GIT Repository on WOWInterface, every time I have an update on this site.

Then I have to do the following which is tedious and annoying.

AUTHOR MENU
-> Git Control Panel
-> Find the freaking Repo
-> go to "Make Zip"
-> Change the version number
-> add the blasted changelog manually
-> press "Generate Zip"
-> On the next page "Accept" the newly generated zip
-> Push it for "Review"
-> Wait until it gets approved and then shows up as "Updated" on my Addons List.

It's crazy, especially when I have several addons I need to update at once sometimes. I never have this much problems on Curse. Whenever I push to my Curse git repo's, it will automatically generate the ZIP file based on the latest TAG that is committed. It even grabs all the commit messages and puts them together as the file description. Simple and effective!

Why doesn't wowinterface do this? I just don't understand it.

Now I'm aware of the following posts:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=51835
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=51553

Are you telling me that there isn't a way for wowinterface to auto package my pushes, other then having to rely on using CURL or a Proxy Script? I never have had to do any of these things when pushing to Curse GIT repos. It just works out of the box. There has to be something I'm missing or some setting that allows WOWInterface to automatically parse my addon GIT pushes and package the stuff for me. This manual process is beginning to really aggravate me. Any help you folks can provide would be great.

if (sizeof(sadness) > sizeof(happiness)) { initDepression(); }

Last edited by Xruptor : 10-26-16 at 07:47 AM.
10-26-16, 08:14 AM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Hi Xruptor,

Yeah that is a lot of steps to perform especially with the amount of AddOns you have. I'll work on adding a git hook on tags that will trigger our packager and have it auto-generate updates. Our repo system could use some love.

The API is really for those that have their own packager or don't use our repositories so it wouldn't work well for your needs.

Last edited by Dolby : 10-26-16 at 08:31 AM.
10-26-16, 11:30 AM   #3
Xruptor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Hi Xruptor,

Yeah that is a lot of steps to perform especially with the amount of AddOns you have. I'll work on adding a git hook on tags that will trigger our packager and have it auto-generate updates. Our repo system could use some love.

The API is really for those that have their own packager or don't use our repositories so it wouldn't work well for your needs.
Looks like my post got moved from the Dev forums. At any case, thank you so much for taking a look at this Dolby! It would be awesome once the packager gets updated that it will auto-package the commits based on tags like Curse does. Would save me SOOOO much time. Thanks for responding!

11-11-16, 08:54 AM   #4
Xruptor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Hi Xruptor,

Any update on this? Just curious.

11-11-16, 10:40 AM   #5
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Xruptor View Post
Any update on this? Just curious.
Still working on it. Right now working on the gearman worker.

I can't really give an estimate since I keep having to switch gears and put out fires or fix other issues. However it will get done.
11-11-16, 01:13 PM   #6
Xruptor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Still working on it. Right now working on the gearman worker.

I can't really give an estimate since I keep having to switch gears and put out fires or fix other issues. However it will get done.
Huzzah! Thanks for the update Dolby. Thanks for taking the time to respond and give some more insight on the progress of this update. I can understand that you are putting out fires. It's nice to know that this feature will be eventually implemented. lol like blizzards saids, "It will be done when it's done.". But when it does get finally finished...

12-11-16, 07:53 PM   #7
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Just a heads up. Having some trouble finding a good example of using the post-receive hook and firing something off based on a new tag push. If any one has seen a good example of this or knows a good way please let me know.
01-02-17, 05:45 AM   #8
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Atlassian has the exact same setup via bitbucket. I'm sure you could look at their application and go from there
07-24-18, 07:01 AM   #9
Xruptor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Hmmm... I wonder if this was ever added as a feature? It's been some time and I've completely forgotten about it. Since I'm updating my addons I guess I'll find out! LOL.

07-24-18, 07:02 AM   #10
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
No sadly it was not. Had to switch to another project and then I forgot about it.
07-24-18, 08:56 AM   #11
Xruptor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

No sadly it was not. Had to switch to another project and then I forgot about it.

07-24-18, 09:38 AM   #12
Xruptor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Would be nice to have updates to the GIT,SVN systems here on WoWInterface. Looks like Curse has integrated GitHub and BitBucket into their systems using API Tokens. This makes things SOOOOOO much easier for us as developers. Please consider implementing this? That way it can trigger a auto package when using webhooks for push on the repository. I can even associate a project with a repository on Github within the CurseForge website. Just seems so outdated here on WOWInterface.

https://authors.curseforge.com/docs/packaging

http://wildstar.curseforge.com/my-api-tokens

https://authors.curseforge.com/forum...ng-with-github

It works perfectly and it works on both GitHub and BitBucket. It would be nice for it to automatically work here as well.

07-24-18, 05:04 PM   #13
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Take a look at this post in the mean time:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=55801
07-24-18, 06:37 PM   #14
Xruptor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
Take a look at this post in the mean time:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=55801
Thanks P3lim this will be good for the meantime. Though at some point GitHub, BitBucket, etc.. should be incorporated here on WoWInterface.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » WOWInterface Auto Packager? Curse has it.