04-27-15, 02:26 PM   #1
Dromboarstag
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Question Carbonite Map Tracking

Wife did a fresh install of the main Carbonite module plus maps, social, warehouse, and notes on her new computer. Which also means her install of WoW was fresh as well. She runs Archy, Gather, Fishing Buddy, and Bad Boy as well as Carbonite.

Her problem is her map (mini and main) rarely ever shows her (or any party members) at her real location. Ie: She'll be in a WoD area and it will show her in Dragonblight. Or she'll be in Borean Tundra and it will show her in Dal.

I've seen this happen on her machine with the clean installs. It also happens on my machine and I did clean installs about 2 months ago after my hd died and I had to install a new one.

Not sure if this is a problem being worked, or it's new for you all to hear, or ??? but thought I'd mention it so I can at least see any replies and relay them to the wife. The air gets kinda blue around here when she needs her map to work and it doesn't.
04-28-15, 07:14 PM   #2
Svegan
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

My maps show me where I am, so might be an addon conflict. Try just carbonite, and see what happens.
05-17-15, 02:18 PM   #3
shadow_wolf_30
A Fallenroot Satyr
I have the same problem. my map will show me in the actual area that im in then all of the sudden it jumps and shows me in a completely different area of the zone im in. does it on both main and minimap. kinda annoying. but I just do a reload ui and it fixes it for a lil bit. ive tried it with all addonsbut carb disabled and does it too.

Edit: just tried disabling all but carb again and so far its ok. ill repost if it happens with all disabled.

Last edited by shadow_wolf_30 : 05-17-15 at 02:22 PM.
05-24-15, 12:51 PM   #4
Elloco
A Defias Bandit
Searching for Nuramoc

a hunter pet in Outland, I have goto locations i'm trying to hit. When I enter a location, by right click, depending on my map zoom, it might move my current location any number of times and sometimes to up to 4 zones, just with zoom. Of corse the arrow moves and I go in circles for a while but it works out. The map doesn't seem to be stitched together right. I've noticed this in all the old zones. I've just assumed that the current map was the priority. I can see that Rathal has been super busy on current stuff. It also seems that the maps are overlapped considerably and I wish it was a more fine point between them. I will try with other addons disabled and see what happens.
Currently using 6.0.1 maps

Last edited by Elloco : 05-24-15 at 01:08 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Carbonite Map Tracking