02-23-15, 02:50 PM   #1
jwmsd1
A Defias Bandit
Archaeology

Hello,

What happened to the Archaeology shovels which showed were the next site to dig at. I have the blobs turned on but still no shovel. Was this removed, is there a setting I am missing. Did some research and could not find the answer. Thanks in advance
06-02-15, 08:33 PM   #2
shadow_wolf_30
A Fallenroot Satyr
same thing happened with my map. there use to be a little shovel icon showing where dig sites where at. what happened to them? I am just now picking up my archeology again and I have no idea where to go now.
06-03-15, 05:36 PM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
The blobs are carbonite, the dig sites themselves were either another addon, or minimap. Make sure you have digsites turned on in blizzards tracking options.
11-20-15, 04:55 AM   #4
LiriusMagi
A Murloc Raider

I have been having this problem as well. What I have noticed is that the little shovels (and pet battle master) icons all seem to stack on this weird spot out in the sea... and then the red zones for archaeology are only visible if I hover over the zone and zoom in a bit. They are there just far less noticeable. It would be nice to have the shovels back :/ I do believe this is due to the use of the carbonite addon, which I use religiously.
11-20-15, 07:38 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
To see if it's Carbonite just disable all of your addons except Carbonite. Then test it. If the problem does not persist, enable ONLY Carbonite and your archaeology addon. If the problem is still not there, then you will have to do a binary search to find the addon that's causing the problem. It may not even be an addon connected with Carbonite or archaeology.

Doing this is the only way you will find out what's causing the problem. Of course, I could always be wrong, in which case,I'm sure someone will post it.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Archaeology