11-22-10, 04:23 PM   #1
Werr
A Murloc Raider
Roth UI without orbs

As the name implies, I'm trying to create RothUI without the player orbs. The problem is, I can't tell what is safe to remove from the code and what needs to stay. I've compared the coding in RothUI for the player frame to oUF Lumen and oUF Lily since they are somewhat similar to pure bars, but I'm still confused >.< If anyone knows how to do this, that would be awesome... I'm in a tangle because the RothUI player frame ties the artwork in with it, and no other oUF I've seen does that.

/end
11-22-10, 06:22 PM   #2
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Maybe that is because the playerframes are part of the art?

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
11-22-10, 07:22 PM   #3
Werr
A Murloc Raider
I guess I was wondering if anyone had attempted splitting the player frame from the art then. Don't get me wrong, I love the orbs, but I always die in BGs because I don't notice my low health. I've been using bars all this time, I just can't break the habit.
11-22-10, 08:41 PM   #4
Gsusnme
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Seems odd that you wish to use an specific UI while removing the major aspect that makes it unique.
At any rate you could try rBottomBarStyler, again made by Zork, it has an optional layout for the bar art with no orbs, use the slash command
Code:
/rbbs setart d3no
11-22-10, 09:58 PM   #5
Werr
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Gsusnme View Post
Seems odd that you wish to use an specific UI while removing the major aspect that makes it unique.
At any rate you could try rBottomBarStyler, again made by Zork, it has an optional layout for the bar art with no orbs, use the slash command
Code:
/rbbs setart d3no
The orbs are the player frame though, and so I wouldn't be able to use oUF Diablo. To me, the uniqueness and flavor to RothUI is the statusbar borders and textures. They are so refined and ace looking but I just have a bad habit of depending on bars.
11-23-10, 01:01 AM   #6
red8981
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Well, The Orbs are the Major theme.
but I can give a suggestion.
Try disable the orb frame and replace it by pitbull or stuf (Unit Frame addons).
Hope it works.
11-23-10, 04:57 AM   #7
Viridis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
You could just try making the orbs smaller and creating a new frame, unless you really hate the orbs. They don't take up that much space if you have a reasonably sized screen.
11-23-10, 03:22 PM   #8
Werr
A Murloc Raider
I absolutely love everything about Roth UI except the orbs. I'm trying to just fix that one problem than implement a new addon which may cause others. I'm still working on it... I can get a texture but not the actual health/mana bars.
11-24-10, 02:40 AM   #9
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You need to understand how oUF works. Especially how to spawn units based on different layouts.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Roth UI without orbs