12-08-09, 08:16 AM   #1
Bissto
A Defias Bandit
completed quests and "show quest givers"

Now with this nice new feature which allows us to see all the quests we have done from when we started til present, when we click "Show quest gives" will it remove the ones that have already been done? just want to make sure

12-08-09, 11:53 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes.

2 seconds after you login with a character Carbonite will start checking to see if the initial login data coming in from the WoW server has reduced to a safe level and then it will ask the server for the quest completion data. The server will send it a few seconds later and Carbonite will set all those quests as completed at the current time if they are not already in the quest history. Carbonite will also show a chat message about how many quests were set.

Blizzard put a 1 minute delay between each time an addon can request the completion info from the server, so if you switch characters quickly, the next character's request may be ignored by the server. You would just need to logout/login or do a reload of the UI after a minute to get Carbonite to request the quests completions again.

It seems to work very fast from my testing on the PTR. If there are any problems with it, the feature can be disabled on Quest page of the Options window.

12-08-09, 09:46 PM   #3
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Will all the completed quests show up in the quest history now? Even those done before Carbonite was installed?

Reason I ask is that I'm trying to complete the Loremaster achievements, and figuring out what quests I still have to do is not easy. Right now, I'm in Mulgore, and the history lists zero quests completed. Since I'm Tauren I find that very hard to believe.

Also, if I right-click on a quest in the database, and select "mark as previously completed" I don't see it in the history, and I don't see any indication anywhere else that it was completed.

Last edited by Chmee : 12-08-09 at 09:51 PM.

12-09-09, 04:31 AM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
Will all the completed quests show up in the quest history now? Even those done before Carbonite was installed?
Yes once Carbonite fetches the data from the server. You will see a chat message about it setting x amount of quests as complete. They will show in the history tab of the quest window. Try right clicking the history list and checking show all quests.

In a busy city it may take a while or forever for it to request the data, since the net download threshold I used was too low. In Dalaran it appears to never ask since so much data is constantly being received. I increased the threshold for the next version, but needs more testing to find a good value.

12-09-09, 05:10 AM   #5
Carusun
A Murloc Raider
Is there a way to manually tell carbonite to get the data regardless of whatever else is happening?

12-09-09, 05:36 AM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Carusun View Post
Is there a way to manually tell carbonite to get the data regardless of whatever else is happening?
Not in 3.3, but I just added this for the next version:

Added "Get Completed From Server" command to quest history popup menu.

12-09-09, 08:15 AM   #7
Bissto
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for reply, Also on this subject does Carbonite show quests which are drops from mobs like click to start quest kind thing?

12-09-09, 08:39 AM   #8
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Bissto View Post
Thanks for reply, Also on this subject does Carbonite show quests which are drops from mobs like click to start quest kind thing?
It will show who or what starts the quest.

I'm standing in Darnasus at 09:30 server time. there are 5 alliance here. I do not see any messages about quests getting updated. It's POSSIBLE the scan ran yesterday, but I was in Dalaran at login, and I never saw a message. Looking at the map, it looks like it has NOT run, but I can't be positive.

For example, mousing over Mathrengyl Bearwalker I see Morrowgrain research and Rabine Saturna in grey, but I did those with Carbonite installed. If I mouse over Jocase I see The hunter's Path (part 1) in white. I am a lvl 80 hunter, Jocaste doesn't have a quest for me, and I don't know if I did it.

Can I clear the history somehow? Where _IS_ the history?

Last edited by ezarra : 12-09-09 at 08:47 AM. Reason: typo

12-09-09, 02:41 PM   #9
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by ezarra View Post
Can I clear the history somehow? Where _IS_ the history?
Open the Carb Quest Window and click the "History" tab at the bottom.

You can't clear the history in 3.3, but these will be in next version:
Added "Remove All" and "Get Completed From Server" commands to quest history popup menu.

12-09-09, 03:20 PM   #10
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I finally got a quest history update after I zoned out of Dalaran for a while.

What I want to do now is compare the history of what I have done to the database of what can be done in a given zone, so I can see what quests I need to do to finish the loremaster stuff. Or, alternatively, have only questgivers who have quests for me display on the map. Is there an easy way to do one of these? If not, maybe put a checkmark on completed quests in the database window?

Another useful feature would be the ability to look at quests (all, available to be done, already done) in a given zone when I am not in that zone. As far as I can see, you can view your current zone, or everything, and that's it.

12-09-09, 04:48 PM   #11
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Showing quest givers on the map only shows ones that have any quests you have not done. Once all a givers quests are completed, they don't show up on the map.

12-09-09, 05:12 PM   #12
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

After talking to Haavok, we decided to remove the auto fetch. It will ask 1 minute after login one time only for each character.

Change:
Added one time message for each character to get quest history. Removed auto fetching.

12-10-09, 09:48 AM   #13
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Will we be able to manually request an update?

12-10-09, 10:05 PM   #14
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Showing quest givers on the map only shows ones that have any quests you have not done. Once all a givers quests are completed, they don't show up on the map.
Some of the quests that are showing undone are things like Paladin quest for Sunken Temple, or Warlock quests for their pet, or whatever.

Can we filter out at least the class specific quests? I wouldn't mind profession quests for professions I am not (there seem to be quite a few herbalist quests, for one) getting filtered out too.

12-11-09, 03:25 PM   #15
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
Will we be able to manually request an update?
Yes.

Added "Remove All" and "Get Completed From Server" commands to quest history popup menu.

12-11-09, 03:27 PM   #16
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by ezarra View Post
Some of the quests that are showing undone are things like Paladin quest for Sunken Temple, or Warlock quests for their pet, or whatever.

Can we filter out at least the class specific quests? I wouldn't mind profession quests for professions I am not (there seem to be quite a few herbalist quests, for one) getting filtered out too.
I have not looked in detail at what quests Blizzard is saying I've done on my toons, so maybe some stuff does not get flagged.

Currently we don't have info in our database if a quest is class or profession specific.

12-12-09, 10:37 AM   #17
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Excellent!

12-13-09, 05:30 PM   #18
NokiaN
A Defias Bandit
I'm new to carbonite and have tried looking through the forums for my answer to no avail. Although, this topic looks appropiate to my question.

I saw you mention Quest History and I cannot for the life of me work out how to bring it up. I'm using the latest version of Carbonite. Would like to know as I would like to fetch quest completion as I denied the first one.

Thanks in advance!

12-13-09, 09:58 PM   #19
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by NokiaN View Post
I'm new to carbonite and have tried looking through the forums for my answer to no avail. Although, this topic looks appropiate to my question.

I saw you mention Quest History and I cannot for the life of me work out how to bring it up. I'm using the latest version of Carbonite. Would like to know as I would like to fetch quest completion as I denied the first one.

Thanks in advance!
When you open the Carbonite quest log, not the Blizzard quest log ("L" by default, I believe), there are four (4) tabs along the bottom. Current, History, Database, and Player. The titles make them pretty much self-explanatory, I think.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 12-13-09 at 10:02 PM.

12-14-09, 12:18 PM   #20
NokiaN
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
When you open the Carbonite quest log, not the Blizzard quest log ("L" by default, I believe), there are four (4) tabs along the bottom. Current, History, Database, and Player. The titles make them pretty much self-explanatory, I think.
Appreciate the help so far. I was looking in all the option menu's trying to look for that, doubt I would have found out the shortcut!

Still having problems though.

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Yes.

These commands are not in my quest history pop up menu.

Here is what I am seeing.

Am I being stupid and looking in the wrong place? Hope you can help! Also, hope it's not too obvious and makes me look silly. >_>

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » completed quests and "show quest givers"