04-17-09, 01:21 AM   #1
yury2808
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Ace3: 'group' options, childGroups='tab', first "tab" stuck

Heya!

Code sample:

Code:
distances = { name = L['Spells'], type = 'group', childGroups = 'tab', args = { range1 = optionRange( 20, "range1" ), range2 = optionRange( 30, "range2" ),
I found that most of the time, when I walk on "tabs" in options, the very first tab stuck. I can not click on it (it does not even highlight), no lua errors displayed etc.

I have absolutely no "enable/disable" logic in there, so the options are not dependant on each other.

Sometimes, if I move the main WoW options frame around a bit, it can unstuck. But I seem unable to find the 100% algorythm when it does..

So, what could be the problem here?

ps. full addon could be loaded and problem checked from curse-gaming, addon name = RangeX,
url = http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/rangex.aspx
04-17-09, 02:11 AM   #2
Gimbli
Premium Member
If I'm not mistaken, the args of a group like that need to be independent and not lumped together like what you have.
04-17-09, 02:25 AM   #3
yury2808
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Gimbli View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the args of a group like that need to be independent and not lumped together like what you have.
I'm not sure if I understand you corretly... What you mean by "independant" ? The arguments there are independent option arrays - they are just generated via calls to the function "optionRange", which returns the needed array.

Its the same, as I'll write it like this:

args = {
range1 = { name = xxx, desc = yyy, order = zzz... },
range2 = { name = xxx, desc = yyy, order = zzz... },
}

The functions I use to minimize same code rewriting and get options definition:

local function optionRange( fudgeOrder, fudgeName )
return
{
name = fudgeName,
order = fudgeOrder,
}
end

ps. I've seen the samples/tutorials of using the ace3 and my way to generate options array seem to return correct hierarchy of nested objects.

Anyways, it works absolutely fine in EVERY other situations, except "tabs". And even there - it works fine most of the time, but eventually "tab1" being "stuck" and dont respond to mouse (no highlight etc).
04-17-09, 03:10 AM   #4
yury2808
A Murloc Raider
Btw, it seem that I found the logic when tabs being stuck:

I have 3 sets of tabbed options in WoW UI - while I'm only visiting one of these - tabs there works just fine.

But when I visit another set of tabs... the problem starts with both sets: first tab becomes not clickable
04-20-09, 12:48 AM   #5
yury2808
A Murloc Raider
Problem was recognized by Ace3 authors and will be fixed.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Ace3: 'group' options, childGroups='tab', first "tab" stuck