09-02-07, 06:32 PM   #1
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
FuBar vs. Titan Panel

I want to find out why people prefere one over the other. I like FuBar more. In this thread please post like pro's and cons for both of the addons. Look at my answer for an example.

FuBar.
Pro: Less memory intensive than titan panel, more plugins, more bars.
Cons: I honsetly can't think of any..maybe the default background?

Titan Panel:
Pros: It looks a little better than fubar, some of the icons look better than the fubar ones.
Cons: Not updated any more (offically, and still it hasn't been updated to show addons memory usage.), you have to download plug-ins for it that are already in titan panel, but don't work unless you have the non-embedded ones, it's bloated, not a lot of plug ins, the durability one isn't that accurate.

I could think of more for both but I have to go.

Discuss

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7

Last edited by Dreadlorde : 09-02-07 at 08:15 PM.
09-02-07, 06:43 PM   #2
Takatalvi
A Cliff Giant
Titan Is WAY out of make.
FuBar-2.0 (at least on wowace.com) gets almost weekly updates for compatibility, stability, and (use up less memory)ibility.

I used to love titan and seen no reason to change, until I did...Now I find no reason to go back.
There are even titan Bar textures(among many other) for fubar if you don't like it's look.

Discuss
09-02-07, 07:28 PM   #3
Xanithon
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Used to use Titan Panel - it being one of my first AddOns (ty Sachemic lol). Converted to FuBar when I started again on Dark Iron as my Blood Elf warlock from my Mage.

FuBar - Love the memory usage, but it's not working for me ATM (i'll post a SC later, i'm in English class ^^). I usually hide the background, it looks CRAAAP!!

Now I think FuBar > Titan Panel.

09-02-07, 08:12 PM   #4
Jesamyn
<This Space for Rent>

I never used Titan Panel. My reason for choosing FuBar was that it's actively developed, and I'm finding new Fu's for it all the time. (That's what I call the plugins.)
09-02-07, 10:05 PM   #5
Hellarion
A Black Drake

Like Discord i quit using Titan around 1.11 1.12. I think it came with Ometh Comp...which was the first comp/addon i ever downloaded. i liked how simple it made things. not having to hit B everytime i wanted to see how much gold i have or waiting for the armor dood to pop up so i know when i should repair..then i found fubar after using stand alones for while

Not much else to say ..both were/are great but if i could only have one addon itd fubar with money and dura plugs
09-02-07, 10:30 PM   #6
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
the durability one isn't that accurate.
*cough*

The OLD ORIGINAL Durability show the same damn values that are shown nowadays. There've been tweaks and all sorts of other crap added to some of the offshoots (like the "discounted rates"), but the oldest version still does the same thing it's always done. DuradilityFu was based off that, and Fizzle from that (there's even comments in fizzle attributing the code to me :P)

Anyway, my point, the numbers are from the game, they are accurate. The "discounted" totals are not, because there's no way to know if the game is giving back discounted price or not (it seems to give whatever the last vendor would have done). Also "repair all" now repairs bag items, it didn't used to, so the total shown is likely just your equipped equipment's cost.

The durability numbers, however, should still be spot on.
09-03-07, 07:58 PM   #7
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Tekkub
*cough*

The OLD ORIGINAL Durability show the same damn values that are shown nowadays. There've been tweaks and all sorts of other crap added to some of the offshoots (like the "discounted rates"), but the oldest version still does the same thing it's always done. DuradilityFu was based off that, and Fizzle from that (there's even comments in fizzle attributing the code to me :P)

Anyway, my point, the numbers are from the game, they are accurate. The "discounted" totals are not, because there's no way to know if the game is giving back discounted price or not (it seems to give whatever the last vendor would have done). Also "repair all" now repairs bag items, it didn't used to, so the total shown is likely just your equipped equipment's cost.

The durability numbers, however, should still be spot on.
Hmm..I was wrong then..again...:P

I shouldn;t have posted this on wowace, I got the same answer's I got when I first started posting on the discord site..

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
09-04-07, 12:26 AM   #8
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

I used Titan and loved it, but once it started slowing down in development I tried this new-fandangled BossBar (or was it BossMod?). It changed it's name to FuBar and has forever kicked butt. Updated and modular design due to Ace2. Titan had it's moment but FuBar is king with it's tons of plugins. Enough said.

09-07-07, 08:35 AM   #9
saanlem
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
My first mod was a Titan Panel package.

Switched to FuBar a while after that.

Looks: Titan looks clean, a good unobtrusive bar system.
FuBar is a bit gawdy, not as "professional) looking.
09-07-07, 09:05 AM   #10
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
I want to find out why people prefere one over the other. I like FuBar more. In this thread please post like pro's and cons for both of the addons. Look at my answer for an example.

FuBar.
Pro: Less memory intensive than titan panel, more plugins, more bars.
Cons: I honsetly can't think of any..maybe the default background?

Titan Panel:
Pros: It looks a little better than fubar, some of the icons look better than the fubar ones.
Cons: Not updated any more (offically, and still it hasn't been updated to show addons memory usage.), you have to download plug-ins for it that are already in titan panel, but don't work unless you have the non-embedded ones, it's bloated, not a lot of plug ins, the durability one isn't that accurate.

I could think of more for both but I have to go.

Discuss
U missed the point that Fubars does have skinpacks that can be installed if you dont like the default ones
09-07-07, 10:11 AM   #11
Spikemay
A Murloc Raider
titan all the way baby! lol

personally i think u guys must have slow computers.. titan for me runs smooth as anything.. i love it , when i first got into addons i used fubar as requested by a friend.. only addon i liked was fuxp.. it looked cool.. but then i found titan.. titan has the exact addons i wanted.. it feels more professionally built and doesn't crash/stick at all.. since that day i used titan as my main stat bar.. only using fubar for the xp bar but eventualy that went too, i use alot of addons and my warcraft runs as fast as it does without any addons so the memory usage of either isn't a issue for me the downside of titan is that its no longer updated BUT it works like a charm so its a very small downside hehe updated or not as long as it work i'm a happy camper
09-07-07, 10:22 AM   #12
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Gemini_II
I used Titan and loved it, but once it started slowing down in development I tried this new-fandangled BossBar (or was it BossMod?).
Twas Boss Panel.... those were the days
09-07-07, 12:26 PM   #13
jaliborc
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Takatalvi
There are even titan Bar textures(among many other) for fubar if you don't like it's look.
Where can I find those Titan textures for FuBar?
09-07-07, 12:41 PM   #14
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by jaliborc
DL titan and steal the image and replace the fubar one with it maybe?
09-07-07, 01:49 PM   #15
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Spikemay
personally i think u guys must have slow computers.. titan for me runs smooth as anything..
Some of us do. We never said that Titan bogged down our computers but when you look at debugging info and see the comparison, it cannot be denied that FuBar is far more efficient. I love Titan, don't get me wrong. It was th first of it's kind and introduced thousands to addons in the first place. Like you said though, it's not really supported anymore, thus most people use FuBar. Use whatever works and you like best.

Originally Posted by Slakah
Twas Boss Panel.... those were the days
Ahh yes... when there were fewer mods and authors and life seemed simpler...

Originally Posted by jaliborc
Download this cool addon called FuTextures from wowace.com and select the "Titan style" skin.

09-08-07, 11:30 AM   #16
Grizzly UK
A Black Drake

I'm always amused to see these "discussions" pop up. Seems to be a somewhat regular topic, in that every so often someone asks which is better, Titan or FuBar!

But when all is said and done, it just comes down to a personal choice, try them both and choose the one you like/prefer, end of story! Some of the "comments" and "opinions" that this subject attracts just reminds me of a bunch of 10 year olds arguing over what's better! Seriously though, why keep "debating" this subject every few months?

Personally, I used Titan for a long time (about 18 months) and eventually, due to the number of bugs in Titan at the time, decided to try FuBar. I haven't changed back and I've now been using FuBar for about 10 months!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » FuBar vs. Titan Panel