03-05-10, 09:34 AM   #1
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Author strike? Super-secret Cata alpha?

It's strange.. none of my addons (and I have quite a few) have had any updates since January. No bug fixes, no new features, nothing. Where did all the authors go?
03-05-10, 09:41 AM   #2
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by forty2j View Post
It's strange.. none of my addons (and I have quite a few) have had any updates since January. No bug fixes, no new features, nothing. Where did all the authors go?
If ya don't like how often stuff is updated, can always write your own

Marth

03-05-10, 09:59 AM   #3
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

If your AddOns aren't broken then there is no need to update. Besides, there have not been any major changes to the game since 3.3 dropped thus no need for mods to be updated. I would not expect much until 4.0 hits. Some authors may take the time to add new features to their mods however that depends on the author. Some AddOns simply don't need any updates. I know as some mods I have used haven't changed or needed updating since 2.03 hit the servers.
03-05-10, 11:22 AM   #4
Vyper
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Indeed addon authors are on strike! You won't get another update until WoWInterface pays us 20% more for our addons!
03-05-10, 12:39 PM   #5
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I hate to break it to you, but 20% more of zero is, well, zero. Though, Dolby could add 20% more tools to the site...

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
03-05-10, 04:44 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
As has been mentioned I am one of the authors that, unless someone asks for an addition, or inform me of a bug, or I think of a useful addition myself, the addon doesn't get changed.

I can only assume no comments means it is working as expected for the people using it. If no-one is using it anymore for one reason or another then no problem. If there are no problems and people are still using them thanks And finally for the ones I am constantly getting feedback from... thanks even more

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
03-05-10, 10:57 PM   #7
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Hmm what do you mean by "no updates".

How have you been updating your addons ?

I get emails about my addons. Here's my stats for addon update emails since January 1st.

From wowinterface.com : 51 emails
From wowace.com / curseforge : 37 emails
From curse gaming favorites : 0 emails

The only reason I say I haven't been getting my ones from Curse is I seem to be having password issues logging into their site to confirm my favorites list. Wowace.com is their development side so I've been getting updates for the ones on Curse anyway just not through the Curse favorites list.

Next question I wanted to ask : Do you have any really bad UI problems ? UI Errors exploding in technicolor madness all over your UI when you do certain actions ?

See I'm a lazy b*******d when it comes to updating my addons. An addon would have to consistently throw up a UI error every 5 minutes or so to get me to update it. Just ask Seerah here - I hadn't updated her tooltip addon for quite some time and the older version was bugging on me in a minor way.

Yet it's not effecting my game play in a major way at all (*) . So don't worry too much about not updating your addons in a while. Worry if it's causing major game playing breaking errors on you.

(*) Off topic here : I seem to be getting very lengthy , beachball spinning pauses when I open my crafting window with Advanced TradeSkill Window enabled and loaded.... Has there been any major updates for that one guys ? >_> <_< Guys ?

PS Wait 511 posts ? I reached ma 500th post and no one told me /sadpanda
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
03-06-10, 10:44 AM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Bluspacecow View Post

I seem to be getting very lengthy

PS Wait 511 posts ? I reached ma 500th post and no one told me /sadpanda
lol You would prolly have around 6000 posts if you weren't so.... lengthy... in your previous 511 posts!

03-08-10, 12:13 PM   #9
forty2j
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Guys, this wasn't a complaint. It was simply an expression of bizarre coincidence that none of the 95 individual addon folders (which, besides Blizzard's and Recount, are all handled by Minion) have seen any update in 6-ish weeks. Normally authors have their own list of bugs and features they're working on whether it impacts me or not, so this kind of silence is unheard-of.

And then I began speculating what conspiracy the authors could be into...
03-09-10, 05:54 PM   #10
Foxlit
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
And then I began speculating what conspiracy the authors could be into...
This one knows too much, I fear.
03-09-10, 06:02 PM   #11
Vyper
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Foxlit View Post
This one knows too much, I fear.
Don't worry, I've already arranged to have his hard-drive wiped.
03-09-10, 06:58 PM   #12
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Uh..I thought you said "swiped"...

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
03-09-10, 07:31 PM   #13
Starinnia
Ninja Code Monkey
Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
Uh..I thought you said "swiped"...
Swiped with a magnet? :P

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Author strike? Super-secret Cata alpha?