10-22-12, 11:45 AM   #81
missty
A Murloc Raider
carbonite development

First of all..i have to give a huge THANK YOU to Rythal for keeping Carbonite alive!!! i cant say how happy i am to hear you are working on the best addon ever created=) i have been using this addon since i first started playing WoW YEARS ago ..and i dont think i could get around without it (yes my friends laugh at me..i am totally GPS challenged LOL)...mostly i use the maps and questing, i sooo love the red tracking trail u can have follow u on the map! PLZZZZZ dont ever lose that lol =)
Lately i noticed the quest blobs arent showing up on the maps in pandaria...*cries*...but i know u are working on it so im thrilled =)
I figure u probably already know that there is a huge following for this addon since it's the best one out there and i wish i could help u on ur mission to repair and rebuild..but plz know we are all eagerly waiting and cheering u on! You are making soooo many ppl VERY happy ty again!!

ps: maybe after u are done doing the major overhauls can u put up a short video tutorial on how to use carbonite and all the features? would totally love that ty !!

10-22-12, 12:13 PM   #82
booneadam
A Murloc Raider
Is there any plans to get the rest of the quests added to the tracker?

10-22-12, 03:31 PM   #83
Chmee
A Molten Giant
"Soon"™...

10-22-12, 05:57 PM   #84
crazzzzi
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

at least we have dots, and the blobs are working in the rest of Azeroth. Keep up the fine work, Rythal

10-22-12, 06:08 PM   #85
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by crazzzzi View Post
at least we have dots, and the blobs are working in the rest of Azeroth. Keep up the fine work, Rythal
the blobs are working in pandaria aswell with the last release.

10-22-12, 06:56 PM   #86
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
I agree, Blobs are working just fine...

10-23-12, 12:06 PM   #87
bessiq
A Murloc Raider

Premium Member
Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
Not seeing the watched areas (blobs) in Pandaria, just the markers. I do see the watched area blobs in the rest of Azeroth. Using 5.054.

10-23-12, 12:16 PM   #88
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by bessiq View Post
Not seeing the watched areas (blobs) in Pandaria, just the markers. I do see the watched area blobs in the rest of Azeroth. Using 5.054.
Right click map, Click "Show...", checkbox Quest POI blobs.

10-23-12, 02:12 PM   #89
SkOODaT
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post

Their working but not 100% correct as i can tell, posted about it in bug forums tho

~SkOO

10-23-12, 03:02 PM   #90
jman037
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I also am anxiously awaiting the rest of the Pandaren quests to be added to the database. Currently you get the Jade forest then afterwards, all the quest points are "not in the database".

For now I'll be using Questhelperlite to fill in the blanks.

10-23-12, 04:12 PM   #91
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by jman037 View Post
I also am anxiously awaiting the rest of the Pandaren quests to be added to the database. Currently you get the Jade forest then afterwards, all the quest points are "not in the database".

For now I'll be using Questhelperlite to fill in the blanks.
There has been no quests at all added to the database, no matter what zone.

10-27-12, 10:34 PM   #92
AmberK
A Defias Bandit
Maybe it's just me...

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
This one does.
I find this a bit disingenuous.

First, that post is over 3 years old, in fact almost 4. While I agree that *AT THE TIME* they were doing something that was not exactly kosher, they have since stopped and reworked their system to work in the exact same way the Curse client does, only without the throttling, having to click every single update, only being allowed to click two updates at a time, and constant nagging to buy the premium version, since there isn’t one. And yes, I did actually research beyond the name calling and FAQ’s on all the sites in question. I also currently use the free Curse client, until such time as I and those who prefer WM, can get current information out to the developers.

If we are using years old information to judge, with no current information to balance, I’m sure we could dig up plenty on both Curse and WI to turn users against you, too. Though I do give both Curse and WI credit, as you have managed to turn developers away from WM, despite the fact that the supposed reason for you being upset is now completely false.

I hope that Carbonite and its developers will do a little research for themselves and decide based on CURRENT business practices if they will allow those of us who prefer the FREE one click update access to use WM like we want to.

Sorry for the slight side track, but I felt someone needed to say something.

Thanks again Rythal, I'm SO glad to have Carbonite getting back to the addon I adore.

01-04-13, 06:20 PM   #93
TULOA
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by booneadam View Post
Is there any plans to get the rest of the quests added to the tracker?
I am working on decoding it still. Trying to figure out the blob info as I think that its stored in the final part of the quest line for each quest. But I dont have any documentation on it and I am searching through the code. Once I figure it out I will be writing something to decipher it all but we are thinking about redoing the system using plain english which will hopefully reduce the file size and maybe speed it up some.

But as previously stated it will be a bit. I dont know that I can vouch for soon though lol as it depends on how hard it is to convert.. shouldn't be too hard but will take a tiny bit of time.

01-04-13, 06:27 PM   #94
TULOA
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by clipper View Post
Simulo, you only need to set everything once for each toon, the change you're asking for would cause pvpers to have to re-size and relocate their map EVERY TIME they played a different BG.
No you dont really cause under delete you can import from a character and not have to do anything.

Originally Posted by schizophrena View Post

PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS!
Having each battleground contain it's own map size/location is very important to me when I deal with each and every battleground. AV for me is long and thing and in a different location than the other BG's.

For Simulo, once you have done this once for your character, use the warehouse function to import that characters map locations/sizes to the other characters. This is what I do with all 10 of my toons.

Thank you,
For this we could maybe make it optional but even if we wanted to that would be up to Rythal. And this is just something I am throwing in there cause I hate it when new things are enforced to others that liked it the way they were.

01-07-13, 01:58 AM   #95
warbaby
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by TULOA View Post
I am working on decoding it still. Trying to figure out the blob info as I think that its stored in the final part of the quest line for each quest. But I dont have any documentation on it and I am searching through the code. Once I figure it out I will be writing something to decipher it all but we are thinking about redoing the system using plain english which will hopefully reduce the file size and maybe speed it up some.

But as previously stated it will be a bit. I dont know that I can vouch for soon though lol as it depends on how hard it is to convert.. shouldn't be too hard but will take a tiny bit of time.
oh, the format is mentioned before, here http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...42&postcount=2

The main problem is the source of the quests position data.

01-08-13, 01:50 AM   #96
TULOA
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by warbaby View Post
oh, the format is mentioned before, here http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...42&postcount=2

The main problem is the source of the quests position data.
Ill run it against a quest with a working blob and see if the coords match what I decode later.
If that works maybe I will have it running sooner than I thought ^_^.

04-05-13, 02:21 AM   #97
Kialani
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
None of my quest blobs are working in Pandera all I is a single dot. I have windows 8, I'm using the latest Alpha version from March 12. Is there some setting I need to change?

04-05-13, 07:47 AM   #98
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Kialani View Post
None of my quest blobs are working in Pandera all I is a single dot. I have windows 8, I'm using the latest Alpha version from March 12. Is there some setting I need to change?
Simple answer is yes.

Right click the map and go to show, then enable quest blobs's.

05-23-13, 09:01 AM   #99
WhaleTune
A Murloc Raider

Exclamation Question Mark Quests not Operating

Love the work you are doing; and attempting to make Carbonite better...even with the hiccups.

NOTE - since 5.3 I cannot turn in Work Orders at the farm. The question mark which usually shows to the left of the active quest list is not there. These are specifically the quests you can turn in without going back to the NPC.

For that matter, the usual quest help icons don't work either. (those icons which also show to the left of active quests which cast spells and do other manner of things instead of searching through our bags).

Aside from the above - Is there a way I can send you a video of stuff I think could help make Carbonite a better interface? Would you prefer a link via YouTube (if I upload the video)?

05-26-13, 06:21 AM   #100
Gulgoth
A Kobold Labourer
Can I donate?

So I just found that if you search the thread for 'donation' to find a way to help out, the most recent results indicated the Donate button on Rythal.com is disabled. I think its working now, but could you confirm that?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Current Plans For Carbonite