10-21-10, 02:58 PM   #1
Chevonne
A Murloc Raider
Map not always showing quest locations

First time poster, long time user. I thank the day your mama smiled at your daddy!

Haven't read this anywhere yet...although I could have missed it. So apologies if I'm repeating things. But my map does not always show quest locations. Once I get started, then it will pop up. Like when I get 1/10. Then the shading for the quest will show up. This is happening on my dailies but not consistently the same quests. I am using 4.011. No other addons.

Is this part of the update of the maps you were talking about? Or is me?

And I do love this happy little guy!

10-22-10, 02:41 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Quests have to be watched for them to be drawn on the map. When you get a new quest, does it appear on the Watch List?

"Auto watch new quests" should be checked on the Quest Watch page of the Options window.

10-22-10, 02:59 AM   #3
Chevonne
A Murloc Raider
Looked at the options, and Auto watch new quests, Auto watch changed quests and Auto remove watched quests when completed were all checked. Its not always the same dailies that do this, though. I remember yesterday Fallen Heroes wasn't shown. I do recall that when I pick these quests up, the drum roll doesn't always happen. Still get the quest, just no audible confirmation. If thats any help.

10-22-10, 03:33 AM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Just a thought, but... faatal, is it perchance possible that due to a change or bug in Blizzard's handling of quest giving, Carbonite misses to register the quest as entering the quest log? Kind of like when Blizz made all starting zone quests auto-accept and Carb missed them then?

10-24-10, 01:48 AM   #5
Chevonne
A Murloc Raider
Since loading the 4.012 beta, I haven't noticed any problems with showing quests. Hopefully that's a permanent fix.

I have to say again I love this add-on. I really enjoy questing and was appalled at having to use what Blizzard calls maps before your release for 4.0.

Support Your Local Authors is my new e-bumper sticker.

10-25-10, 12:16 AM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Just a thought, but... faatal, is it perchance possible that due to a change or bug in Blizzard's handling of quest giving, Carbonite misses to register the quest as entering the quest log? Kind of like when Blizz made all starting zone quests auto-accept and Carb missed them then?
Not that I've seen. I have done many mid 70 level quests this weekend with no issue and my son has done 10+ on 2 low level guys.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map not always showing quest locations