04-22-09, 10:23 AM   #1
Narty
A Defias Bandit
New mod idea

Hey, i want to make a profession mod that checksd a players current skill level and tells them what to do to level it to the top!
I have a rough idea of the look
How easy would this be to make, and what should i use to make it??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	addon.PNG
Views:	709
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	2541  
04-22-09, 10:53 AM   #2
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ecipeList.html
04-22-09, 12:14 PM   #3
Taryble
A Molten Giant

I think he's referring more to an-game "how to power level tradeskills" guide, that suggests the most efficient pattern to use for levelling your tradeskill based on your current skill level.
04-22-09, 12:16 PM   #4
ra1d3n
A Cyclonian

"Tourguide for Tradeskills"
04-22-09, 09:30 PM   #5
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
What about Notes you need? it's not as pretty but it's basically the power level in game. What I personally ended up doing was using TinyPad and cutting and pasting http://www.wow-professions.com/ guides ingame. But NUN has a plug in or something it just doesn't specify level. There was also some other little one, can't remember the name though. It would make suggestion of what patterns you could make in the chat window.

Finally, not to bore you, but Altoholic allows you to run you cursor over a characters skill and would make suggestions on what you could make. http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw13275.jpg But not exactly what you were mentioning.
04-23-09, 09:31 AM   #6
Narty
A Defias Bandit
I installed TourGuide, but its not really what i was looking for. I need some way of getting it to attach to the side of the characters window. Also can you link to "Tourguide for Tradeskills" please

Thanks Guys
04-24-09, 03:31 AM   #7
shkm
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

It's not a bad idea, but also not really required in my opinion.

Tradeskill guides are never perfect due to the chance element, and they're always an alt+tab away if they are anyway. It's also not as though (most) people level tradeskills a lot--if they're following a guide, chances are they're going to max it straight off the bat.

You could argue that alt+tab is annoying, which I'll agree it is to some extent, but levelling tradeskills is not exactly a hardcore activity which requires 100% concentration.

I think ra1d3n was just concisely explaining what this addon would be, not actually mentioning one in existence.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » New mod idea