06-11-11, 08:26 AM   #1041
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That is why I love backdrop shadows. They look awesome. Hands down.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...tBackdrop.html

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

06-11-11, 09:43 AM   #1042
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by zork View Post
That is why I love backdrop shadows. They look awesome. Hands down.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...tBackdrop.html
Your other borders made me go yay! irl I used the normal round glow for everything I had, but in my new BF skin I made the dropback square, not round and realized I would have to go edit it. Now I see that you have a square based dropback. Made my decision much easier :P

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 06-11-11 at 09:51 AM.

06-11-11, 04:59 PM   #1043
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by feraldrood View Post

feedback appreciated *edit* cant spell appreciate properly :3
I think it would look better if you removed the panel around your action bars, also your panel behind your Unitframes (bottom center) is off by 1 pixel if you look at the bottom border.

I have never been fond of white unitframes so I won't touch on that subject.(personal pref)

Your portraits/LFG Icons seems to be above your outline border for them, try making the Border a higher strata if you are using panels, if not move your portrait/lfg icon down or move them 1 pixel left and down, and decrease the size of them by 2 pixels.

Your power bars seem to be 1 pixel longer then your health bars.

It seems like you haven't worked on your DPS meters yet, so not going to discuss it.

Move your experience/rep bar 1 pixel down and make your minimap panel 1pixel higher.

And last I think you should add an outline (or outline monochrome) around your chat box~

This is what my OCD tendencies tell me :< Sorry if it seems like I'm bashing, I'm not! Swear~

Also, try to use url bbcode to post links ;D I hate copy pasting laying in bed lololol
EDIT: also Zork, I'm in love! Shiny things... must resist...

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 06-11-11 at 05:03 PM.

06-11-11, 08:55 PM   #1044
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I just finished the last lines of code. The new animation system is ready to go.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

06-12-11, 09:21 AM   #1045
Sniffles
A Black Drake

Zork these Orbs are ****** awesome

Good Job!

06-12-11, 11:40 AM   #1046
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Totally love the orbs, Zork

Got bored and started fooling around.

The blizz UI needs more 'normal' borders.

06-12-11, 02:22 PM   #1047
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I want to share sth.

I found that animation that I call the pearl-animation (right orb). Underneath that animation I used a white filling color because I thought that the animation is opaque. But that is actually not the case. I tried a red color and wow.

This means that I'm able to apply class and powertype coloring while still maintaining the awesome effect of the animation above. Hmmm...who would have thought of that. The displayid of that all-in-one-wonder is "32368".

Currently I'm not able to apply color to animations but that would make it actually possible.

Oh my ... I nearly have it...the Diablo 3 look alike. I have the filling, a gloss above and a cloud-like animation hover that is constantly moving.

Last edited by zork : 06-12-11 at 03:11 PM.

06-12-11, 02:53 PM   #1048
Unkn
Premium Member

Zork I want your orbs!!!

Working on something new... I've got this plan of total black and white ui with color showing for cds/oom/range. I really like the idea and after running thru a couple ZA/ZGs its working well. I can easily see whats on cd with just a glance.

So far this is where I am - action bars icons are desaturated, target debuffs are desaturated except for mine. Now I am working on getting things on cd to show colored... In the screenshots, Swiftmend is on CD and I am faking the final look with Power Auras. Which is not what I want to ultimately do, because the gcd spiral and flash at end of gcd are missing. But for now it will do.

So far I've edited Stuf Unit Frames, TullaRange, and EventHorizon_Cont. I'm trying to combine it all into one, so far I am failing at that. Atm I am happy with how far I have gotten.

06-12-11, 03:41 PM   #1049
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
Totally love the orbs, Zork

Got bored and started fooling around.

The blizz UI needs more 'normal' borders.
wtb those bags

06-12-11, 06:03 PM   #1050
Firedancer
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by zork View Post
I found that animation that I call the pearl-animation (right orb). Underneath that animation I used a white filling color because I thought that the animation is opaque. But that is actually not the case. I tried a red color and wow.

This means that I'm able to apply class and powertype coloring while still maintaining the awesome effect of the animation above.
How exactly did you maintain the coloring underneath the animation? Is it just a colored fill tga?

Last edited by Firedancer : 06-12-11 at 06:13 PM.

06-12-11, 06:57 PM   #1051
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yes. My normal filling texture with color.

06-13-11, 07:49 PM   #1052
ravends33
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

New WIP

Been fooling around with Stuf and KGPanels and this is what I have so far.

Its been tested live and it seems to work great so far. Let me know what you guys think.

(PS) the basics are what I am posting...all the little alignments and odds and ends still need to be done=)

Here is a shot of the Player/Target frames.

Cast bar hasent been sized yet, so i got that..hehe. Portrait will border red upon aggro, just like you see the tartets-target there on the right ish..
I hate to have values for HP and percent for MP but values wouldnt fit on the mana bar. I am open to suggestions on that front.

Ok. Here are the party frames. Basically a slimmed down version of the player..Minimal info, if you need value details the tooltip is more than enough. Again Portrait border is red upon aggro.

Now here is a shot of the whole thing. I am really not sure about where I want to put the party frames for thier final placement.

I have considered two on each side of the player/target above the big boxes, but I am not sure. Again I would LOVE to have some thought on placement of those party frames..

Thanks for taking a look. Any thoughts/Suggestions are more than welcome.

06-15-11, 04:23 AM   #1053
SRCarebear
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
I too agree with Lily and Led, the colors could be a bit more distinct.
The portraits make the unitframes shine a little, I aswell tried out that a few years ago (though due to overlapping issues I ditched the idea).

I am curious what shadow texture you used on your unitframes/buttons though
I just used the one that comes with rActionButtonStyler, edited a bit of code through trial and error and I managed to get the effect I was looking for. I'd say there was a bit of luck involved

adding another image, changed the background colour to make seeing health easier. I need to sort out the raid frames a little bit.

looking at the image I just realised I could probably get away with AA on, going to have to try it later once I'm back from physio.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_061311_111422.jpg
Views:	935
Size:	846.5 KB
ID:	6262  

Last edited by SRCarebear : 06-15-11 at 04:27 AM.

06-15-11, 06:55 AM   #1054
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by SRCarebear View Post
I just used the one that comes with rActionButtonStyler, edited a bit of code through trial and error and I managed to get the effect I was looking for. I'd say there was a bit of luck involved

adding another image, changed the background colour to make seeing health easier. I need to sort out the raid frames a little bit.

looking at the image I just realised I could probably get away with AA on, going to have to try it later once I'm back from physio.
Unless you're doing PvP a lot, I don't see the point of showing your party's or raid's (de)buffs on your target or even your TargetTarget tbh. :<

06-15-11, 07:10 AM   #1055
SRCarebear
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
Unless you're doing PvP a lot, I don't see the point of showing your party's or raid's (de)buffs on your target or even your TargetTarget tbh. :<
The debuffs on the target are there just for the looks. I prefer to fill up a row or two instead of just placing 4-5.

The debuffs on TOT are there for tanking and taunt rotations. Tanking is my main role and taunting off of someone who has the debuff is vital!

06-16-11, 01:29 PM   #1056
Aethar
A Murloc Raider
Been lurking for a LONG time. Thought I'd post my UI now that i've cleaned up a few blurry pixels. For some reason the quality of the screenshot seems to be a bit low. It looks a lot better in-game .

Two screen shots. One of them is "idle", one of them with casting and targeting.
The EXP bar/rep bar is the small bar under the minimap.

EDIT: Added an "in-combat" screenshot for the timers.

I wish the screenshots weren't so low-quality. I can't find a way to get crystal-clear screenshots of my UI.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MYfa0.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	6264  Click image for larger version

Name:	hsNnN.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	6265  Click image for larger version

Name:	t9aG8.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	236.0 KB
ID:	6266  

Last edited by Aethar : 06-16-11 at 01:43 PM.

06-16-11, 04:43 PM   #1057
Unkn
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Aethar View Post
Been lurking for a LONG time. Thought I'd post my UI now that i've cleaned up a few blurry pixels. For some reason the quality of the screenshot seems to be a bit low. It looks a lot better in-game .

Two screen shots. One of them is "idle", one of them with casting and targeting.
The EXP bar/rep bar is the small bar under the minimap.

EDIT: Added an "in-combat" screenshot for the timers.

I wish the screenshots weren't so low-quality. I can't find a way to get crystal-clear screenshots of my UI.

I like it! Its a little... um flatter... I think thats the word... than I normally would go for but looks like you can see everything. Though your font looks very small, I'm suprised you didnt go for a squarer ( again is that a good word?) font to match the straight lines you've made.

Another random observation - is there a reason your minimap and buffs are not the same distance from the top?

06-16-11, 05:11 PM   #1058
red8981
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Nice UI, It is very clear

06-16-11, 06:23 PM   #1059
Aethar
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Unkn View Post
I like it! Its a little... um flatter... I think thats the word... than I normally would go for but looks like you can see everything. Though your font looks very small, I'm suprised you didnt go for a squarer ( again is that a good word?) font to match the straight lines you've made.

Another random observation - is there a reason your minimap and buffs are not the same distance from the top?
Not really. I noticed that as well while taking the screenshot.

Thank you both btw.

06-16-11, 11:13 PM   #1060
Unkn
Premium Member

Gotcha. Figured you might not have noticed it or you have something on mouseover up there above the minimap

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » UI Feedback Thread