11-17-12, 01:06 PM   #1
BGrover
A Defias Bandit
Smile New User needs help with Herb Gathering

Update: I decided to take a closer look at that video. This time, I didn't miss the first few seconds where it actually showed how to turn this feature on. So, I now have that working, so everything is fine. Sorry, but no need to respond.

Original Post:
I downloaded Carbonite today. I need help using one feature. On Wowhead.com I saw a video "Gather Routing Demo". It showed an arrow that you would follow to fly a route to get all herb or mining nodes. This is what want to do. I downloaded Carbonite. It seems to be installed and functioning. I made sure WoW was closed, but I rebooted after installing Carbonite anyway.

When I log onto the game, the blue Carbonite logo/icon appears then disappears into the cornor. In the chatbox it says three lines: 1. Carbonite 5.056 B292 loads 2. Carbonite enUS 3. Carbonite load done. The mini-map seems to be working as does the quest list. I went into options, then guide and imported the Carbonite Nodes Herbalism Locations and the Carbonite Nodes Mining Locations. Both those seem to have imported because in chat window says 1. Carbonite Imported NXHerb 12620 and 2. Carbonite Imported NXMine 10260. Then to play it safe, I exited the game and rebooted.

How do I turn on and use that function that I saw in the "Gather Routing Demo"? I have checked every possible menu option I can find and still can't seem to have that feature turned on. Is there something else I have to import or toggle on?

If anyone can help, I sure do appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by BGrover : 11-17-12 at 02:25 PM.

11-19-12, 10:51 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Please take a look at This Thread. It explains how Carbonites gather routing function works rather well.

You can also make custom routes (for any reason) by following the instructions in This Thread.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » New User needs help with Herb Gathering