09-20-07, 10:50 AM   #1
Maxian
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Decision Time?

Sorry to bug you Mazzle but after almost 1y of using your awesome UI i've come to the point where im starting to consider changing it to something new that is more updatable.....ofc this wont be necesary if you decide to move it to a membership payed site and continue to update and support us....so before i make my decision i would really like to know if you made up your mind on this?

Thank you for all your time and efforts so far.

MyUI
My WoWInterface Portal
09-20-07, 03:23 PM   #2
Rabscuttle of Executus
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Oh wouldn't we all...
09-21-07, 01:53 PM   #3
Malinoric
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Don't depend on me for this guys, but I personally can't work without MazzleUI anymore, and I intend to make sure I keep a working copy. I can throw up a DL link whenever I manage to fix things, and maybe once I learn more about lua I can start doing actual updates to it. This is all only if Mazzlefizz decides to give it up though.

With discord on the brink of destruction and Mazzlefizz considering dropping this project, A lot of interfaces are going to break soon enough.
09-22-07, 12:20 PM   #4
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Malinoric
With discord on the brink of destruction and Mazzlefizz considering dropping this project, A lot of interfaces are going to break soon enough.
Discord is on the "brink of destruction"?!? I had no idea. I thought it was working fine. But how dramatic and exciting!

I can do this! I hereby declare that MazzleUI is at the angst-ridden DOOR OF APOCALYPSE, deciding if it will be an agent of evil, an agent of good or an agent of the tragic past. Dun dun duuuun.
09-22-07, 12:29 PM   #5
JaceDaAce
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Discord is on the "brink of destruction"?!? I had no idea. I thought it was working fine. But how dramatic and exciting!

I can do this! I hereby declare that MazzleUI is at the angst-ridden DOOR OF APOCALYPSE, deciding if it will be an agent of evil, an agent of good or an agent of the tragic past. Dun dun duuuun.

Does this mean that Mazzle is going to not exist anymore?
If so how about severl of us take over for Mazzle (with his influence) and try and keep Mazzle alive as it is the best UI ever created
09-22-07, 01:38 PM   #6
Rabscuttle of Executus
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

angst-ridden door? what is the door angst-ridden about, creaky hinges?
09-22-07, 01:47 PM   #7
Morguean
An Aku'mai Servant
personally ive seen one or two new UI's out that look decent, but dont do everything mazzle does... like for instance go look up revelation UI on curse, it looks quite cool, however.... its just not there yet, I have it downloaded though, just disabled, if the guy developing it can actually improve a few things, it might be something worth getting, but so far... no, nothing can replace mazzle

as for the updates... whats so unupdateable about mazzle?.... ive been using curse, ui central, and WAU to update my addons since before i even had mazzle, and no gnome is gonna make me stop updating my addons :P

and you should know, i hate gnomes, but mazzle has done something special, making a very solid horde player wanna get something a gnome made
09-22-07, 01:57 PM   #8
Republic
Paladin

It's for these very reasons I prefer to play with a minimal set of "necessary" addons. As a longtime gamer, and former Half-Life/CS/DOD player - great projects are dropped all the time (custom maps, etc.). I learned a long time ago not to become dependent on someone else's "great" mod, as they aren't forever and sometimes never even see a full patch cycle or two.

I'm frankly surprised that Mazzle has put this much effort into something great for as long as he/she has. That's an extremely rare event and should be commended. For reasons I've already stated, I've never personally used Mazzle, but have always admired its development. I guess my point is - enjoy things while they last and look for ways of coping once things disappear. If there was some sort of official standing of some of these types of projects, I'd happily adopt one and run with it. Until that happens, I'll continue on with an Atlas and a Titan Panel You get my point.

Thanks to all the developers, especially the ones who continue development. Some of us thank you for picking up Blizzard's slack!
09-22-07, 02:29 PM   #9
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Rabscuttle of Executus
angst-ridden door? what is the door angst-ridden about, creaky hinges?
Good point. Angst-inducing then.
09-22-07, 03:19 PM   #10
Rabscuttle of Executus
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Good point. Angst-inducing then.
Much better
09-22-07, 03:43 PM   #11
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Discord is now where near the brink of destruction, Eris has been updating it for 2.2

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
09-22-07, 04:05 PM   #12
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
Discord is now where near the brink of destruction, Eris has been updating it for 2.2
Shhhh! Yesterday, this girl from Michigan was fiddling with Discord and it exploded in her face! Malinoric is right. We're on the brink of destruction!
09-22-07, 04:12 PM   #13
MadCow
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Shhhh! Yesterday, this girl from Michigan was fiddling with Discord and it exploded in her face! Malinoric is right. We're on the brink of destruction!
you cant trust people from Michigan anyway. Let Discord die quietly
09-22-07, 04:14 PM   #14
Maxian
A Cliff Giant

Well its not about not living without Mazzle work is only that im lazy and i loved the little bloody gnome doing it all for me.....but hey i decided to rebuild a UI for my self, and after some hours of heavy work im at 50% of where i wanna be

Still work in progress tho...damn if i only could find that little lazy gnome to finish my job

MyUI
My WoWInterface Portal
09-22-07, 05:03 PM   #15
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by MadCow
you cant trust people from Michigan anyway. Let Discord die quietly
I'm from michigan. And never!

Do what thou wilt.

I wilt useith discord..ith..:P

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
09-22-07, 05:14 PM   #16
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I like that font. Seems very clear.
09-22-07, 05:54 PM   #17
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
That's Emblem out of SharedMedia. (Was also used in either ABF or yaABF ag_UF layouts)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-22-07, 05:54 PM   #18
Rabscuttle of Executus
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I like that font. Seems very clear.
Don't you even dare try and keep this sane and on topic!!

I'm looking at you too seerah...
09-22-07, 06:00 PM   #19
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured

You wanna know what my new favorite font is?
http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/larabie/tork/
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-22-07, 07:16 PM   #20
Wowgamer233
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

...sits down with popcorn...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Decision Time?