05-24-07, 01:39 PM   #21
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Arkive
Airdragon, can you elaborate on the need for the !!!StandaloneLibraries mod? I tried your suggestion (after backing up my addons folder) and had copious SharedMedia-1.0 errors in bugsack, and consequently, a great majority of my mods weren't working. So, I put the backed up addons folder back in, tried just using the AceUpdater to update all my mods and voila, everything works perfectly.
I think this was meant for another post? But anyways, !!!StandaloneLibraries only looks like an addon. To use it you have to extract the contents of that folder into the addon folder from the !!!StandaloneLibraies folder/zip. Then run WAU. The top level versions of the libraries will load and any internal versions will not load. For me this creates a much more stable addon environment. Though my initial load is HIGH because all the little ones try to go and Ace2 stops them. Someday I will take the time to remove all the extra libraries in all the little folders again, but thats a time consumer I'm not ready to deal with yet.
05-24-07, 01:53 PM   #22
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I don't recall exactly if Mazzle included the !!!SAL folder with the UI download, but it is already disembedded. So just as long as the !!!StandaloneLibraries folder is in the AddOns directory, then it will all work fine.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-24-07, 02:00 PM   #23
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No, I do not use the !!!SAL thing.

I actually don't even use WAU, though I probably should. Just never took the time to see how to exclude certain things and decide what things I had to exclude. I'll actually be restructuring stuff to make that a little easier.
05-24-07, 02:04 PM   #24
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
No, I do not use the !!!SAL thing.

I actually don't even use WAU, though I probably should. Just never took the time to see how to exclude certain things and decide what things I had to exclude. I'll actually be restructuring stuff to make that a little easier.
If you want WAU to skip updates for something, stick an .svn folder in its folder and have it set to "skip working copies". To keep it from unpacking addons like Cartographer, you use a .nounpack folder in the AddOns directory. (You used to have to do one for each addon, ex. Cartographer.nounpack, but the latest releases of WAU allow you to just use a global .nounpack folder).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addon Update Guide w/WowAceUpdater