05-08-08, 10:54 AM   #21
TekNoir
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Slakah View Post
OmniCC isn't to my knowledge. I checked the WoWI dl and google code and no mention of "Ace3" whatsoever.
If I'm not mistaken, the installed version of OmniCC embeds three Ace libraries and also makes mention of Ace in its version history file. Having said that, it is listed on the WowAce site on a special page for recommended non-Ace addons.

To the original poster: In my somewhat brief experience, I have found that you either need to stick with addons using only one of the core Ace projects (Ace2 or Ace3) or try and avoid them all together if you plan on saving the most memory. Look at some of the minimalist projects on this site and see what they use. You'll see that a number of addons just keep popping up. If they're what you need, download them individually and try them out. By they way, get an addon like OptionHouse that can also show your addon's CPU usage as CPU usage is more important than memory usage, especially on an older machine. You can disable OptionHouse when you are not using it.

Edited:
I have to admit that I'm a little confused as to what constitutes an "Ace'd project", but it seems as if (on the WowAce site) it refers to anything that uses the core Ace2 or Ace3 libraries as being "Aced" and not merely using one of the many other available libraries, such as OmniCC's use of LibsharedMedia or SellFish's use of the ItemPrice library.

Last edited by TekNoir : 05-08-08 at 11:12 AM.
05-08-08, 11:11 AM   #22
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

Anyway with your computer so s**ty why even use UI's? just use the default untill you get the means to get a new one..
05-08-08, 11:16 AM   #23
jaliborc
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Yes, it is.
No it isn't. It only uses the following libraries:
  • LibStub (obviously)
  • LibSharedMedia-3.0
  • CallbackHandler-1.0
05-08-08, 12:24 PM   #24
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Darn my poor memory then. I must have been thinking of a different Tuller addon or something.....
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-08-08, 01:57 PM   #25
Wyveryx
A Murloc Raider

Try SpartanUI.

Though right now it isn't my cup of tea, due to my rez, it is really low on resources and needs no config, and it provides a nice looking UI.

Just touch the Banana.....you know you want to

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Low Resource UI