06-13-07, 09:15 AM   #1
SierraDawn
Huntress

Premium Member
Question CTMod?

Hello All
This is not for help, other than my question concerning CTMod.

I was on their forum site and saw where people are wondering if CTMod is not going to do much more with their mods.

Does anyone know how true this is and if I have to start looking for another mod like CTMod?

Oh Lordie..
I have been with them for so long! If they are giving up their mod work.. I will be SO lost..
/sad Panda

Anyone know?

Have a great Day All!
06-13-07, 09:32 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I don't think you'd be so lost - there are TONS of mods that have taken what CT has done and put it into different forms. Name a CT mod and I'll give you 2-3 replacements.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-13-07, 11:22 AM   #3
SierraDawn
Huntress

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply Seerah..
Non the Less, I still like this Mod and will not adjust easily after all this time
06-13-07, 11:28 AM   #4
GrissomXIX
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I had the same problem switching from Gypsy, CTMod, Discord and originally Cosmos way back when. It's a process and a tough one, but it's well worth it. If you're missing or wanting functionality that you're not getting from the CT suite then it might be time to start thinking about moving on. Try replacing one addon at a time like your unitframes and then your bags and so on until you have exactly what you're looking for. That's how I did it and that's how I started to get involved in the community.

I have a TON of Ace based addons in my folder and I have exactly the UI I want to have, it took some time but trust me, it's well worth it in the end to have exactly what you want and not be limited by someone else's idea of what you need.
06-13-07, 11:32 AM   #5
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I saw someone post about discord, so here's my rant about it.

I think WoW 2.0 was made for 2 things:
1. To make the UI, UI not AI (good)
2. To break everything Discord does. (bad)

When 2.0 came out, it basically stopped every function Discord (Art,Frame Modifier,Unit Frames, Action Bars, Group Buttons,Macro Functions, and Total Gold) did.

Done with my rant.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
06-13-07, 11:47 AM   #6
GrissomXIX
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Off Topic: It wasn't really a post about Discord, I just happened to mention that I had used it in the past. It sucks that Blizzard busted Discord, but I guess there was something about it that they didn't like or perhaps it was just collateral damage. People have been able to fix/repair Discord to the point of working, but I don't think it will ever get back to where it was. That's about all I'm gonna say about Discord since what's not what this thread is about.

On Topic: As I stated, look around, backup your current settings and try a few compilations or try to create your own using the tools that you can find here, at the WowAce site or the other UI havens like wowUI or even Curse just be careful and read the comments before you download as some of the sites are a bit lax in their trojan detection.
06-13-07, 11:50 AM   #7
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The ONLY thing I will download from curse is KLH Threat Meter, and before I even download that, i read comments and scan it. Curse just doesn't seem like a very safe site :/

06-13-07, 11:52 AM   #8
GrissomXIX
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

That's why I added the disclaimer to be careful. I've been frequenting the old WorldofWar website almost since I started playing, but I'm very wary now since someone got an infected version of SW-Stats up and I downloaded it. Fortunately AVG caught it, but that's neither here nor there. But I've been using Omen with Threat-1.0 and it seems to be a nice light threat meter, but not a lot of people are using it yet so I'm the only one it reports on. Apparently it has some KLH functionality in it, but I guess I haven't run into anyone using KLH yet in a group.

Last edited by GrissomXIX : 06-13-07 at 11:54 AM.
06-13-07, 12:08 PM   #9
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Seerah
Name a CT mod and I'll give you 2-3 replacements.
What do you recommend for:
  • a basic ViewPort, without using huge interface enhancement addon like skinner
  • mailbox addon, without being an unofficially maintained Gmail or the combo Postal+BulkMail which is still not up to CT_MailMod
Other than that I agree there are alternatives for any other CT/CTRA mods

Thanks
06-13-07, 12:21 PM   #10
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Kaomie
What do you recommend for:
  • a basic ViewPort, without using huge interface enhancement addon like skinner
  • mailbox addon, without being an unofficially maintained Gmail or the combo Postal+BulkMail which is still not up to CT_MailMod
Other than that I agree there are alternatives for any other CT/CTRA mods

Thanks

Aperture for the viewport

06-13-07, 12:26 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The reason why Postal never got back to where Gmail was was because of CT calling it a copy-paste. (At least that's what my recollection of the discussion is. ) I never said that anything would be a copy-paste or near-close replica of CT.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-13-07, 12:30 PM   #12
Portalius
A Cyclonian

I would love to see a replacement for CT_unitframes, without the use of the 3d model once... I kindda like the original unit-designs, so is there a mod that places a target of target, using the original blizz´ art???

If only one was IMBA
06-13-07, 12:32 PM   #13
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

BUFX

too short

06-13-07, 12:55 PM   #14
Portalius
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde
BUFX

too short

This is just to extend your own info and such no??

I´m looking for a ToT unitframe using the standart artwork..

If only one was IMBA
06-13-07, 12:57 PM   #15
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Portalius
This is just to extend your own info and such no??

I´m looking for a ToT unitframe using the standart artwork..
default UI does that.

06-13-07, 01:02 PM   #16
Portalius
A Cyclonian

true, you can have the default show a little circle with a very small helth and manabar attached to the target frame.

I´m using mobhealth, so that I can see the amount of mana and health left on the mob, but with the small default ToT, it don´t show the amounts on there...

So what I´m looking for is a new unitframe showing next to the target unitfram, with the same design and all, just showing ToT instead

Like the one CT_unitframe could show when it worked as it should.

If only one was IMBA
06-13-07, 02:46 PM   #17
GrissomXIX
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

That's exactly what ended the Ace gMail, Cide got up in arms about it being a copy/paste of CT_MailMod with changes to make it use the Ace libaries. I have a few choice words about that, but that is in the past and one of the main reasons I won't tell anyone to use a CT_* addon.
06-13-07, 03:31 PM   #18
SierraDawn
Huntress

Premium Member
Once Again..
Thank You All for your comments and suggestions

*sighs*
It is like getting rid of that fav blanket you have worn down to a few threads.. hehe

Okies, will start looking to replace CTMod one item at a time.
06-13-07, 03:41 PM   #19
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

• To: Dreadlorde - Fair enough Aperture seems to cut it, and at least it's very simple with the Ace Framework behind
  • To: Seera and others - Hey you guys are twisting my question around You said you have alternatives to every CT addons so I was just asking for those 2 specifically just in case I missed one addon somewhere. And it is because I know about the clash between CT and Ace that I do not want to use Gmail (btw if not done yet please read the entire threads over at wowace before judging CT, but end of story no need to come back on this aspect please).
We should not bury CT too quick, CTprofiles closing does not necessarily mean the end of CTMod. Until then I keep on using CT_MailMod by itself
06-13-07, 04:11 PM   #20
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

the only thing Aperture doesn't have is a GUI. It does the exact same thing as CT_ViewPort does, Top viewport, bottom viewport, left &right viewports.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » CTMod?