06-16-07, 06:27 AM   #1
lothlann
An Aku'mai Servant
Very Strange Problem...

Well my girlfriend and me both use mazzlefizz. Recently i tried to play my 70 hunter on her laptop but when it mazzified all the layouts stayed wrong and there was no artwork or anything. Any other character on that account and realm works perfectly. I even copied across settings for her account to try and sort it but i cant work it out.

The character mazzifies perfectly on my computer with no problems (cept the raid frames error and occasional SCT error i get on all my chars, but still completely playable, il just wait for Mazzle to update the UI for them to sort out).

I have tried everything i can think of but everything remains broken. I dont understand why every other char works fine. I even tried the Bongos update Mazzle posted even though the char is 70 and has a full UI.

Hope this makes sense, im kinda rushed to get back to work.

Thanks

Loth
06-16-07, 07:23 AM   #2
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Hmm... lets get a bit more info here to help this out...

1.) Are there any addons on her computer not on yours?
2.) Have either of you updated any other addons but not them all?
3.) Have you tried Mazzifying a new character on her laptop?
4.) Did you hear the train sound as you were Mazzifying?
06-16-07, 09:07 AM   #3
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you're not seeing art, you got an error at some point. You need to find what that error is.
06-16-07, 10:24 AM   #4
lothlann
An Aku'mai Servant
1.) Are there any addons on her computer not on yours? No, i have addons in addition to Mazzle whereas she doesnt.

2.) Have either of you updated any other addons but not them all? I havent and she wouldnt know where to start

3.) Have you tried Mazzifying a new character on her laptop? Yep also tried a first mazzify of a 60 warrior, same account. It worked perfectly.

4.) Did you hear the train sound as you were Mazzifying? Im not sure, i will have to check. It does the whole process but afetr the reload nothing changed.

I really dont understand why its only this character, surely the error should occur across the account at least, arent the saved variables stored by account?

I will try and take a picture of before and after mazzifying to show what it looks like.
06-19-07, 08:33 AM   #5
lothlann
An Aku'mai Servant
Anyone got any more ideas? My girlfriend doesnt want to have to stop using Mazzle, she loves it.
06-19-07, 12:02 PM   #6
stec
A Cliff Giant
Tell her she can come play at my house i need a girl that wants to play wow and not one that slates me for playing it ^^.

As for your problem, have you checked at the char login screen that the all out of date addons are loaded as you can set this different per character, with the drop down menu top left.
06-19-07, 12:13 PM   #7
DomiceUDMAGE
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
If you're not seeing art, you got an error at some point. You need to find what that error is.

care to elaborate on how
06-19-07, 01:59 PM   #8
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by lothlann
I really dont understand why its only this character, surely the error should occur across the account at least, arent the saved variables stored by account?
No, that's not the case. There are specialized things that may happen in the mazzifier based on the character's class and what options are selected.
06-20-07, 03:43 AM   #9
lothlann
An Aku'mai Servant
After abit of testing we have discovered it occurs on all Hunters. Do you reckon deleting all the interface and WTF folders and just reinstalling Mazzle will work? Obviously update the broken mazzle ones (il prob just copy my folder from my PC).
06-20-07, 07:52 AM   #10
Rayyl
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This recently happened to one of my wife's toons. Try deleting the folder specific to that character first. That is where almost all of the config info specific to that character exists.

It should be located in wtf\Account\{account name}\{server name}.
06-20-07, 12:09 PM   #11
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

No, it will probably just re-occur. Like I said before, find the error when in happens and post that.
06-20-07, 12:39 PM   #12
lothlann
An Aku'mai Servant
Ok i will try tomorrow. Is there anyway to find the error without using bug sack? In case that doesnt load/configure correctly.
06-21-07, 02:15 PM   #13
lothlann
An Aku'mai Servant
these are the errors when i log in, i get no new errors after remazzifying.

[2007/06/21 21:01:11-131-x1]: <string>:"*:Onload":1: PlannerTooltip:SetOwner(): Can't set owner to self
<string>:"*:Onload":1: in function <[string "*:Onload"]:1>

---

[2007/06/21 21:01:26-131-x1]: sRaidFrames\sRaidFrames.lua:193: AceHook-2.1: Attempt to hook a non-existant function "SecureRaidGroupHeader_Update"
<in C code>: ?
AceEvent-2.0-36539 (SurfaceLib):251: in function `TriggerEvent'
AceEvent-2.0-36539 (SurfaceLib):1019: in function <...AddOns\SurfaceLib\libs\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:1012>

---

[2007/06/21 21:01:27-131-x1]: Bongos\bar.lua:281: BActionBar8:SetScale(): Scale must be > 0
Bongos\bar.lua:281: in function `Reposition'
Bongos\bar.lua:264: in function `LoadSettings'
Bongos\bar.lua:142: in function `Create'
Bongos_ActionBar\actionBar\bar.lua:161: in function `Create'
Bongos_ActionBar\actionBar\main.lua:85: in function `action'
Bongos\profiles.lua:13: in function `action'
Bongos\lib\BEvent.lua:46: in function <Interface\AddOns\Bongos\lib\BEvent.lua:42>

---

[2007/06/21 21:01:28-131-x1]: Bongos\bar.lua:288: BActionBar8:SetScale(): Scale must be > 0
Bongos\bar.lua:288: in function `action'
Bongos\bar.lua:335: in function `ForAll'
Bongos\bar.lua:349: in function `action'
Bongos\lib\Infield.lua:22: in function <Interface\AddOns\Bongos\lib\Infield.lua:18>

---

[2007/06/21 21:01:35-131-x1]: Bongos_ActionBar\actionBar\bar.lua:186: attempt to call method 'GetStart' (a nil value)

---

This is a picture of after mazzification:

06-21-07, 02:18 PM   #14
lothlann
An Aku'mai Servant
O and it only happens on the hunters on that account. I tried two others and they are fine.
06-21-07, 02:36 PM   #15
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Those errors tell me that you neither updated all of your addons nor installed the Bongos QuickFix.
06-21-07, 02:46 PM   #16
lothlann
An Aku'mai Servant
i definatly did as all the other chars and accounts work fine. And i installed AceUpdate which stopped problems. I get the raid frames problems on my computer as i didnt update that (dont really need them).

But if it isnt updated properly (i updated using AceUpdater and followed a guide on here) why dont the problems occur on other chars? Can you exlain that please as no hunter specific addons are in those errors are there?
06-21-07, 03:03 PM   #17
lothlann
An Aku'mai Servant
Ok i updated again just incase i got mixed up which computers i did what but i still have exactly the same problem. I dont understand how i can but not on other chars or the hunters on my account.

06-21-07, 03:58 PM   #18
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOns.txt

Post your

\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<AccountName>\<Server>\<HunterCharacter Name>\AddOns.txt

Did you add any hunter specific non-MazzleUI addons?

I play a hunter too and I don't have any problems Mazzifying.
06-21-07, 04:20 PM   #19
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by lothlann
Can you exlain that please as no hunter specific addons are in those errors are there?
Because the Mazzifier will configure both the button layouts and the settings for certain add-ons based on the class of the character being mazzified.

The scale error you posted is fixed by the quickfix. That can occur both as a result of the class and the level of the character.
06-21-07, 09:29 PM   #20
Leeroi
A Fallenroot Satyr
Solution w/o knowledge

My aplogies in advance if I am only adding to the confusion, but I had the same problem, but with hunters and warriors (I have not checked my other toons). Here is what I have found:

(1) Everything worked just fine yesterday. I used MacAceUpdater to update all my Ace addons before playing yesterday.

(2) Today, I used MacAceUpdater again to update all Ace2 Addons. (OK - I'm OCD...) Had the same problem as OP.

(3) I found a great number (well - approximately 10-14 or so) addons were no longer in my addons folder - they were simply not in the list (as opposed to being in the list and deselected).

(4) I figured a gremlin or my wife and/or kids had done something (1st response is ALWAYS to blame it on the kids...) so I ran through all the missing dependancies, etc., and reloaded them with MacAceUpdater.

(5) Still no joy. Mazzifier would not finish mazzifying - sorry Mazzlefizz, no satisfaction that time!

(6) OK - now I'm starting to panic. In looking in the addon folder, I noticed a "_Addonbackup" folder... (when did that get there!?!). In the folder, there are a number of other folders with titles that are clearly date-time stamps, pretty much one for every time I used MacAceUpdater.

(7) So I took yesterday's last update folder and copied all of the addons from there to the addon folder. Restarted, and still things are messed up. But this time, when I Mazzify, it worked perfectly (pink-haired gnome's happy at last). I'm back up and running!

My ill-informed opinion: one of the Ace2 addons I updated as of today blew a fuze in the entire process. This does nothing to explain the sudden and mysterious loss of addons from my addon folder, but it could explain why /Mazzify didn't.

Hope this helps - sorry if it is a red-herring. And sorry I did not pay attention to WHICH addons I transfered back to the addon folder, or which ones I updated to mess things up, etc.

Leeroi

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Very Strange Problem...