07-04-11, 05:12 PM   #1
Rpsscenic
A Murloc Raider
Help downloading Compilations!

I am having trouble downloading addon compilations, I know how to download single addons, just not these. Any guides?
07-04-11, 05:23 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
You download and install as usual. The only difference is if the Compilation comes with WTF files (for layout), you have to rename them accordingly and put them in your WTF folder.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
07-04-11, 05:31 PM   #3
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In addition, most compilations I've seen come with installation instructions of some sort, usually on their front page. Some compilations involve some extra-steps to get them working correctly, so make sure to follow instructions step-by-step.
07-04-11, 05:31 PM   #4
Rpsscenic
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
You download and install as usual. The only difference is if the Compilation comes with WTF files (for layout), you have to rename them accordingly and put them in your WTF folder.
Sorry if I seem like an idiot, lol, but I saved the files to my desktop as a shortcut, and clicked on it, and it takes me back to open. I click open, and it just dissappears =/
07-04-11, 05:38 PM   #5
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Rpsscenic View Post
Sorry if I seem like an idiot, lol, but I saved the files to my desktop as a shortcut, and clicked on it, and it takes me back to open. I click open, and it just dissappears =/
Hmm, you'll have to describe in more detail the steps you're taking (each step you take from clicking the Download button for your compilation), plus which compilation it is you're trying to download.
07-04-11, 05:42 PM   #6
Rpsscenic
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Hmm, you'll have to describe in more detail the steps you're taking (each step you take from clicking the Download button for your compilation), plus which compilation it is you're trying to download.
I was waiting for someone to ask that =P. Alright, so Im on Internet Explorer, I clicked the download button and click save to desktop. I then find the icon on my desktop, click it, and it takes me right back to Open or Save thing again
The first time, I clicked open, it didnt take me anywhere, it just finishes unzipping and I look for it in downloads and I cannot find it.
Sorry if I seem confusing, Im new to this stuff =P.
Oh and I am trying to download Sheya UI BTW =P

Last edited by Rpsscenic : 07-04-11 at 05:45 PM.
07-04-11, 05:51 PM   #7
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
The creator of Sheya UI uses .rar to compress the file. You'll need a program like winrar from http://www.rarlabs.com to extract the contents.
07-04-11, 05:52 PM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I just downloaded it to see if I could see any problems with it. I'm pretty sure the problem is because of the way it's compressed. Grab 7-zip. Then right-click on the download, choose 7-zip, then choose extract all.

Lol, dolby is quicker than I am. Winrar works too.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
07-04-11, 05:55 PM   #9
Verttex
Super Monkey

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
The creator of Sheya UI uses .rar to compress the file. You'll need a program like winrar from http://www.rarlabs.com to extract the contents.
I just downloaded it to see if I could see any problems with it. I'm pretty sure the problem is because of the way it's compressed. Grab 7-zip. Then right-click on the download, choose 7-zip, then choose extract all.

In the future OS Windows 8 (known from pre-releases) will include a .rar extractor, so no more "ZOMG WAT I DO WIT DIS FILE"

I useally tell people to upload in ZIP because Mac can have problems with .rar and Windows and Mac have built-in extractors for ZIP.
07-04-11, 05:55 PM   #10
Rpsscenic
A Murloc Raider

Thanks so much guys =D!
07-04-11, 05:59 PM   #11
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Verttex View Post
In the future OS Windows 8 (known from pre-releases) will include a .rar extractor, so no more "ZOMG WAT I DO WIT DIS FILE"

I useally tell people to upload in ZIP because Mac can have problems with .rar and Windows and Mac have built-in extractors for ZIP.
Can't wait until they do, it'll make things so much easier.

Yeah, we prefer it when people use .zip instead of .rar, too, for exactly those reasons. However so many people were ignoring that requirement that we eventually gave in and allowed .rar files. It was easier on us than having to constantly deny uploads, PM the person that uploaded, have them change their compression format, then re-upload it, then us have to check it again, etc., etc., etc. We have, however, stood firm on not permitting any other compression formats, even though people have been asking us to allow them.

Last edited by Cairenn : 07-04-11 at 06:02 PM.
07-04-11, 06:02 PM   #12
Rpsscenic
A Murloc Raider

Oh and did you mean right click the download LINK? Or the icon on my desktop?
07-04-11, 06:04 PM   #13
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Download the file as usual, then right-click on it on your desktop. Sorry for not explaining better.
07-04-11, 06:05 PM   #14
Rpsscenic
A Murloc Raider
Download the file as usual, then right-click on it on your desktop. Sorry for not explaining better.
Np and thanks =)
07-04-11, 06:11 PM   #15
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
You're very welcome.
07-04-11, 07:32 PM   #16
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

We wish. XP still has dominant market share, and it's 10 years old. I can't imagine how many years it will be until most people are using a Windows OS that has .rar abilities built-in
07-04-11, 08:36 PM   #17
Verttex
Super Monkey

We wish. XP still has dominant market share, and it's 10 years old. I can't imagine how many years it will be until most people are using a Windows OS that has .rar abilities built-in
im currently on a the alpha-release of windows 8 n00b :P
07-04-11, 10:13 PM   #18
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

im currently on a the alpha-release of windows 8 n00b :P
Oh yeah? Well, I... have... stuff to do. *woop woop woop*
07-04-11, 10:20 PM   #19
Verttex
Super Monkey

Oh yeah? Well, I... have... stuff to do. *woop woop woop*
*Opens up Powerpoint 2020* mmmhmm, i got a powerpoint to do too.
07-04-11, 11:40 PM   #20
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
*Opens up Powerpoint 2020* mmmhmm, i got a powerpoint to do too.
What are you talking about? powerpoint 2020 does it all for you. just press 1 button and clippy will create it for you.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help downloading Compilations!