Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-03-10, 08:06 AM   #1
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Accounts hacked.. Banned... Cry...

I never thought it would happen to me. Never. I am an IT professional. I don't visit disreputable websites. I don't download torrents. I don't use hacked or cracked software or run key generators.

6 years of toons on 2 accounts gone overnight.

What worries me the absolute MOST is I don't know how it happened, so I don't know how to prevent it from happening again. My password was an odd string of characters.

I know we have all heard stories like this before, and probably most people sneered thinking - "you did something wrong". Well, if I did, I certainly don't know what it is.

This is very upsetting. It is like a "violation" of my personal space really. Sure it sucks that even if I get "some" of my characters back I probably won't get everything. Sure I lost close to 100,000 gold, which may not be much now, but it was earned pre-Lich King for the most part which makes it a little harder.

Thanks for reading my rant. I can't bring myself to play the 1 of my 2 accounts that is still not "banned" for gold selling - just looking at all those level 1 bots on all those realms makes me sick. Names like "wjkeeksdsdfd" and such - ugh it hurts.

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Accounts hacked.. Banned... Cry...