04-12-09, 01:18 PM   #1
Slowhands
A Defias Bandit
Waypoint Connection problem

I'm probably just being daft, but when I select a quest from the list, it programs the waypoint on the map fine, but it doesnt take the Stable Masters into consideration. Is there a simple option I can change to rectify this or is this simply not supported?

04-12-09, 01:28 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm going to guess you mean the Flight Masters From my experience, it should work right out of the box and set a path as the shortest route. The one thing I've seen is that Fight Master info is saved per character.

So let's say you're just starting to use Carbonite. You are in the middle of nowhere at the moment and turn on Quest auto track, Carbonite does not know what Flight Paths your character has, so it should plot a ground route for you to take. If you visit a FP, that should update your database of FP's and Carbonite will from then on, use that data to plot the shortest route to your objective. Sometimes though, the shortest route "as a bird flies" does not include a FP

Hope that helps

04-12-09, 01:31 PM   #3
Slowhands
A Defias Bandit
I was dreading that response! haha. I will just have to spend the evening flying around! thanks, will let you know if it works.

Edit: It does. thanks fella./

Last edited by Slowhands : 04-12-09 at 01:36 PM.

04-12-09, 01:52 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You wont have to go to each Flight Master to update your info, just go to any FP on each continent and it will see what you know for FP's.

So just hit any Flight Master you want in Kalimbdor (sp?), Eastern Kingdoms, Outland and Northrend on each toon and you'll be all set. No need to run to every single one if you already have the FP

04-14-09, 12:56 AM   #5
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Carb records for each character what Flight Masters you have. It looks at all the nodes on the the map when you talk to a Flight Master.

04-29-09, 03:40 AM   #6
Elastoplast
A Murloc Raider
Question

I'm also having this problem - the quest tracker is pointing me directly to the objective, rather than routing me there via flight points.

I have 'Auto Track' on and have spoken to several flight masters, but this doesn't seem to change.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

04-29-09, 10:16 AM   #7
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

There's two possibilities I can think of:

1. The option to use flight locations is turned off. (should be on by default i think)

2. It's closer to go directly from where you are to the quest objective rather than to go to the FP, fly somewhere, then go to the quest objective.

As far as I'm aware, Carbonite and all the tracker style addons use distance "as the crow flies." Which basically means point A to point B, it has no way of knowing that you may have to circle around a mountain first

04-29-09, 07:45 PM   #8
Elastoplast
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
There's two possibilities I can think of:

1. The option to use flight locations is turned off. (should be on by default i think)
I'm not sure if it is or not - looked thru Carb options and can't see any flight point option. Any help here would be great!

2. It's closer to go directly from where you are to the quest objective rather than to go to the FP, fly somewhere, then go to the quest objective.
That's certainly not the case, as it draws an as-the-crow-flies line even when quest objective is in another continent.

Looking forward to sorting this out...

04-29-09, 08:05 PM   #9
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The option is called "Use travel routing" in the Map page of the Options window. It is on by default.

Travel routing takes flying mounts into consideration if you have the skill and are in Outlands or Northrend. It also checks for epic flying skill, which will override all else. Connections between zones are also checked if they exist, no connection or has an open border.

05-01-09, 09:17 AM   #10
Elastoplast
A Murloc Raider
Thanks - that seems to have worked.

One question, though - in areas where I can use my epic flying, it seems to default to 'as the crow flies' routing to waypoints, rather than using the flight masters.

I know this is probably the fastest way to any given point, but I'd rather use flight masters if they're available on most occasions, as I usually use the time spent automatically flying to go for a smoke or a bio, or something - is there a way to prioritise flight masters over epic flying?

05-01-09, 11:11 AM   #11
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

There are currently no options to change routing logic other than off or on. In that situation, I just ignore the routing and fly over and grab the flight master flight.

05-01-09, 02:42 PM   #12
Elastoplast
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
There are currently no options to change routing logic other than off or on. In that situation, I just ignore the routing and fly over and grab the flight master flight.
Heheh - never thought of that!

Thanks for your fast replies - loving the mod!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Waypoint Connection problem