08-05-16, 09:28 PM   #141
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Re: One person casting multiple resurrects -- it's literally not possible to cast two spells at the same time, even two instant-cast spells. Once the first one is done casting, it moves in the pending state instead, where it's tracked by the recipient, not the caster.

I'm going to handle objects (totem, brazier, pylon) differently -- casting the summoning spell (eg. by right clicking the item) will register CLEU and listen for SPELL_SUMMON, which will insert the object's GUID into a new table that maps objectGUID=>casterGUID, and then listen for SPELL_RESURRECT events originating from the object (at which point the resurrection will be handled the same as any other), and UNIT_DIED to clear out the object GUID and unregister CLEU if there's nothing else going on.
09-30-16, 12:44 PM   #142
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You can put my oUF plugin under addons using LRI by the way, I intend to release it.

https://github.com/p3lim-wow/oUF_Resurrect
10-31-16, 05:44 PM   #143
zivlaks
A Kobold Labourer
hey can you please update the addon? Libresinfo makes an error pop up every time someone gets ressurected in combat
10-31-16, 07:13 PM   #144
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by zivlaks View Post
hey can you please update the addon? Libresinfo makes an error pop up every time someone gets ressurected in combat
What's the error? Phanx can't fix what she doesn't know.
11-17-16, 01:01 AM   #145
doadin
A Murloc Raider
I dont know about others but im currently getting this error.
11-17-16, 04:25 AM   #146
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by doadin View Post
I dont know about others but im currently getting this error.
A fix was applied 10 days ago, just no new release yet.

https://github.com/phanx-wow/LibResInfo/pull/12

And you would know this if you just looked at your Github notifications once in a while.
11-17-16, 08:53 AM   #147
doadin
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
A fix was applied 10 days ago, just no new release yet.

https://github.com/phanx-wow/LibResInfo/pull/12

And you would know this if you just looked at your Github notifications once in a while.
Actually i do and that fix is included in the Grid-7.1.0.1.zip on here which is also confirmed here which i have installed and im still getting this error. so...no?

Edit: also the errors dont even seem to be the same so did you even read it? maybe you miss read or followed a wrong link? Double checked my link and its right and its a different error.

not trying to sound mean or anything but if your gonna talk about me checking my info might wana check yours.

Anyways on topic.. it looks like there is a error which it seeing who is getting resed as also after that "fix" when people get mass resed its only showing one person as having a res pending.

Last edited by doadin : 11-17-16 at 09:19 AM.
11-17-16, 09:00 PM   #148
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Actually i do and that fix is included in the Grid-7.1.0.1.zip on here which is also confirmed here which i have installed and im still getting this error. so...no?

Edit: also the errors dont even seem to be the same so did you even read it? maybe you miss read or followed a wrong link? Double checked my link and its right and its a different error.

not trying to sound mean or anything but if your gonna talk about me checking my info might wana check yours.

Anyways on topic.. it looks like there is a error which it seeing who is getting resed as also after that "fix" when people get mass resed its only showing one person as having a res pending.

You're right, here's a fix:
https://github.com/phanx-wow/LibResInfo/pull/13
11-17-16, 10:08 PM   #149
doadin
A Murloc Raider
Nice! Thanks!
11-23-16, 09:38 PM   #150
doadin
A Murloc Raider
Unfortunatly even after this fix there is still another error in ressing. Im thinking the ressing code as a whole needs to be revisited/looked over. This would be the fourth error produced. Anyways...here it is.
11-24-16, 02:32 AM   #151
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Sadly, the most effective test bed AddOn, SmartRes2, has died with Legion. It requires a total rewrite, replacing several libraries, and coding some wrapper stuff around one or two newer libraries.

I'd love to update SR2, but I simply do not have the time. Hopefully your bug reports will help fix any issues.
11-24-16, 02:54 AM   #152
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Unfortunatly even after this fix there is still another error in ressing. Im thinking the ressing code as a whole needs to be revisited/looked over. This would be the fourth error produced. Anyways...here it is.
Those lines don't match up with anything in LibResInfo, are you sure you've updated?

Edit: Seems like Grid hasn't updated its embedded version of LibResInfo. Try installing LRI separately.

Last edited by p3lim : 11-24-16 at 02:56 AM.
11-24-16, 11:15 AM   #153
doadin
A Murloc Raider
Those lines don't match up with anything in LibResInfo, are you sure you've updated?

Edit: Seems like Grid hasn't updated its embedded version of LibResInfo. Try installing LRI separately.
Thats basically what i did i noticed grid hasn't updated so i have the Grid 7.1.0.1 and removed/replaced the libres files. May be my fault on this one I am going to try and reinstall and see if its fixed because yes i see where it is different now. Ill let you know if i still get a error. My Apologies.
05-04-18, 01:23 PM   #154
Phanx
Cat.

I've added WoW 8.x (BfA) compatibility, but can't test it since I don't have beta access, and don't expect to get a beta invite since my account doesn't have an active subscription.

If you do have beta access, and are the author or user of an addon that uses LibResInfo, grab the latest version from GitHub (https://github.com/phanx-wow/LibResInfo) and let me know whether it's working.

If it's not working, please open a ticket on GitHub and/or post in this thread with the error message. If there's no error message, run "/lri 3" to enable additional debugging (slash command only present with standalone version) and copy or screenshot the resulting messages. If you use ChatFrame3 for something already, use e.g. "/lri ChatFrame7" to move debugging to a different chat frame.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » LibResInfo - resurrection info without comms