05-06-06, 12:10 PM   #1
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Unhappy FuBar problems

First off, my hat off to all the FuBar authors. I've used FuBar since it's beginning as Bosspanel that I almost can't play WoW without it now!

However, I have a problem with the later versions of FuBar. With any version later than 1.1.1182 I can't get it to work. It shows that it's working & loaded, but it doesn't appear onscreen. I've even tried removing all other mods and just loading FuBar (and its dependencies), but still nothing onscreen. They seem to be loaded as any chat commands are recognised and carried out (can't remember which command I tried, but I did try at least 1). I've tried every version after 1.1.1182 and unfortunately none of them work.

Anyone have any ideas pls?
05-06-06, 04:27 PM   #2
ckknight
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What happens if you load FuBar without any plugins?
05-06-06, 04:30 PM   #3
zophiel
A Murloc Raider

Are you using a beta version of ACE? I tried one of the Betas and the same thing happened to me.
05-07-06, 11:32 AM   #4
iljott

I'm using the latest version of Ace (version 1.3).

I've just downloaded the lastest version of FuBar (1.1.1580) and tried ckknight's suggestion of loading it on it's own. Guess what?! It's working - so it must be one of the plugins.

Now I'm gonna start loading the latest versions of each plugin I have one by one until I get the error I was getting. If I'm lucky I won't get any! I'll post a reply telling you which plugin is giving the problem.

Thanks for your help guys
05-07-06, 12:27 PM   #5
iljott

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by iljott

Now I'm gonna start loading the latest versions of each plugin I have one by one until I get the error I was getting. If I'm lucky I won't get any! I'll post a reply telling you which plugin is giving the problem.
I tried out the above and everything is working great! It must have been some plugin which I forgot to update - there are so many great plugins that I must have skipped updating one to it's latest version!

Thanks again guys. Perhaps this might help anyone else who had the same problem.
05-16-06, 07:53 PM   #6
WyldKard
A Kobold Labourer
The same thing happens to me, but I can bring everything up if I do a /reloadui. The downside is that QuestsFu appears broken, as the window won't show for it. My error report indicates that RollsFu is throwing an error, as well as the main plugin, giving me: You must provide a fuCompatible field".
05-17-06, 01:15 AM   #7
Wessller
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by WyldKard
The same thing happens to me, but I can bring everything up if I do a /reloadui. The downside is that QuestsFu appears broken, as the window won't show for it. My error report indicates that RollsFu is throwing an error, as well as the main plugin, giving me: You must provide a fuCompatible field".
That last error is not FuBar related - I believe it's something with SpecialEvent. But then again i'm not sure. I get the same error each time i log.
05-17-06, 01:26 AM   #8
dafire
Premium Member
BagBoy is screwing my Fubar ... are you using that ?
05-17-06, 02:30 AM   #9
FISKER_Q
ON A BOAT
Some versions of Itemsync messes up Fubar as well.
05-17-06, 05:38 AM   #10
Thorlin
A Defias Bandit
The only problem I keep seeming to have is Guildfu keeps relocating itself to the bottom bar whenever i relog, on all toons. i have to move it back to the top every time. Any thoughts?
05-17-06, 06:56 AM   #11
Tarsos
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Thorlin
The only problem I keep seeming to have is Guildfu keeps relocating itself to the bottom bar whenever i relog, on all toons. i have to move it back to the top every time. Any thoughts?
I have same problem but with FriendsFu, and my GuildFu always appears after last FuBar mod at the top bar.
05-17-06, 08:53 AM   #12
eloora
A Fallenroot Satyr

QuestFu is what's not working for me for some reason. I'm such a noob at wow UI's i dunno how to troubleshoot errors.
05-17-06, 10:01 AM   #13
Ratbert_CP
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
If you haven't done so, *please* report your BagBoy bugs at here.

Originally Posted by dafire
BagBoy is screwing my Fubar ... are you using that ?
05-17-06, 08:03 PM   #14
judicator
A Kobold Labourer
I was having the same problem. I narrowed it down to RollsFu - turn it on, nothing shows up, turn it off and everything shows up again.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » FuBar problems