05-05-09, 01:40 PM   #1
TuLe
A Black Drake

cant see rolls on my chat window!

Hey guys im having this problem since 3.1 . I cant see anyone and even mine rolls on instances. I have checked all my settings and they seem fine for displaying rolls. Im using chatter and cleafont2 for chat addons all updated to the latest version. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thx in advance
05-05-09, 02:34 PM   #2
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I believe /roll is a system message, if you are missing it from chat window. Check your chat settings for the tab you're wishing to see /roll in and make sure you have system messages enabled for that tab, then save. If this doesn't fix it, I dunno what to tell ya.
05-05-09, 02:37 PM   #3
Bargarian
A Kobold Labourer
Same here, since 3.1.

When folk need/greed for loot I can't see what they've chosen. Nothing appears.

I had to install a loot monitor addon so that I could see.

I have every setting enabled for the chat window, and nada.

Don't know what it is, but will see if it gets fixed in time.
05-05-09, 02:38 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Isnt there an option in Interface>options that says something about showing loot rolls? Something like show all, just yours, etc. Servers restarting right now so i can't double check, lol.
05-05-09, 02:40 PM   #5
TuLe
A Black Drake

Im at work so i cant check it either... Well looks like ill install a roll addon of some sort lol.. anyone have a good tip for it?
05-05-09, 02:46 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ok, just checked in game...there is an option. In Interface>Display make sure detailed loot information is checked. That's the only thing I can think of at the moment.
05-07-09, 04:01 PM   #7
TuLe
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Ok, just checked in game...there is an option. In Interface>Display make sure detailed loot information is checked. That's the only thing I can think of at the moment.
Awesome ill look into it and hope this fixes my problem!

Thx
05-12-09, 10:01 PM   #8
phantomht
A Kobold Labourer
i dont think that will work, besides, it isnt JUST loot rolls, if someone logs in/out of my friends list, cant see it, if someone joins/leaves the guild, cant see it, etc

15 mins later:
after a couple more google search reads....
spammenot is having these issues.
i removed that addon and logged in
i can see my /rolls
dont know bout the rst yet but im optimistic.

Last edited by phantomht : 05-12-09 at 10:18 PM.
05-12-09, 10:23 PM   #9
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Glad to hear yours got worked out
05-28-09, 01:42 AM   #10
IRID1UM
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I'm having this problem too.
I can not see need/greed rolls and loot distribution of such items in while I'm in groups.
I can see the system messages and also my /roll, so that works fine. The "Show detailed loot info" checkbox is checked (on). Chat has been reverted to standard settings.
I use Prat, which I updated to the latest version, I also read the comments and no one else using Prat seems to have this problem, so I'd assume it's not related.

I can't really tell when this started to happen because I've not done many instances recently. Because of the large amount of addons I use, it is not possible to test which addon might cause this, as it is not possible to do instances with half my UI missing and it requires an item to drop first and then a relog and whatnot.
The list of addons I use is below:
~removed~

Please post your ideas concerning this issue!
Thanks,
IRID1UM

EDIT: I sorted it out, the addon LootAlert was the cause. Until it is being updated I use the loot scrolling feature of MSBT.

Last edited by IRID1UM : 05-31-09 at 01:41 AM.
07-25-09, 10:40 PM   #11
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by IRID1UM View Post
I'm having this problem too.
I can not see need/greed rolls and loot distribution of such items in while I'm in groups.
I can see the system messages and also my /roll, so that works fine. The "Show detailed loot info" checkbox is checked (on). Chat has been reverted to standard settings.
I use Prat, which I updated to the latest version, I also read the comments and no one else using Prat seems to have this problem, so I'd assume it's not related.

I can't really tell when this started to happen because I've not done many instances recently. Because of the large amount of addons I use, it is not possible to test which addon might cause this, as it is not possible to do instances with half my UI missing and it requires an item to drop first and then a relog and whatnot.
The list of addons I use is below:
~removed~

Please post your ideas concerning this issue!
Thanks,
IRID1UM

EDIT: I sorted it out, the addon LootAlert was the cause. Until it is being updated I use the loot scrolling feature of MSBT.
One of my guildies just mentioned this one to me as well and I checked with him on what addons he has added since it last worked and he said it was some BuffReminder addon. He's gonna try and test it without that addon and see if he gets the display back again. He could tell me though that he doesn't have any Loot addon except Atlas Loot which I am sure most of the wow populus use

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » cant see rolls on my chat window!