09-10-12, 11:21 AM   #1
tiredoldman
A Murloc Raider
5.04 New update is a Suicide Pill !!

The new so called update for Carbonite BY carbonite is just a reversal to a older version full of bugs and outright failures to work properly.
This can only be seen as very childish tantrum by the dev's of Carbonite in retaliation for attempt's made to fix their broken addon.
Based on the remarks of carbonite dev and now this broken , useless "New" version, I can no longer see any reason to think that this addon will ever be used by many again.

Carbonite WAS the greatest addon I've ever used , And now it's DEAD !

09-10-12, 11:25 AM   #2
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by tiredoldman View Post
Carbonite WAS the greatest addon I've ever used , And now it's DEAD !
Then do not use it. Stop crying over spilled milk. Also, it takes time to fix a bunch of errors - and the Devs can't just use Rythals fixes and still claim it to be their own product.

I'm fine with Carbonite doing as they have done. They have left a great legacy and are inspiring others to do the same.

09-10-12, 02:21 PM   #3
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by schizophrena View Post
Then do not use it. Stop crying over spilled milk. Also, it takes time to fix a bunch of errors - and the Devs can't just use Rythals fixes and still claim it to be their own product.

I'm fine with Carbonite doing as they have done. They have left a great legacy and are inspiring others to do the same.
Rythal repaired it to a working product; the carbonite twonks released utter crap -- and broken crap at that -- and you're ok with that? Actually, I believe Rythal -- at least before the carbonite authors crapped on his head -- would have gladly handed over all his work without claim. And if you're ok with how they treated Rythal... wow... just, wow. You guys deserve each other; I sure hope you donate a few hundred to the carbonite authors to continue to ignore you.

09-10-12, 04:13 PM   #4
Bilsy
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by schizophrena View Post

Really Rythal seemed to have fixed 80% of all the problems in one fan update. Seems pretty legit to me... I download their version and my performance goes back to ****. Uninstalled theirs and installed Rythal's update and it works fine and runs great.

09-10-12, 04:49 PM   #5
lolzorz
A Defias Bandit
I'm glad I came to these forums before downloading the "new" version of Carbonite. I will most definitely avoid the official version like the plague, and continue using Rythal's wonderful fan update until it no longer works. I have also added Rythal to my favorite list on this site, and will eagerly check out any addons he decides to author himself.

09-10-12, 05:29 PM   #6
jc2470
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Far from it, there were still alot of bugs in rythals fix, I have been using it since the first fix he made. As of right now I am having 0 problems with carbonite since devs release, and that is including issues that were still there with rythals. Im not saying i wont have any, time will tell but we will see.

Also its nothing against rythal he did a great job and Im sure he would have done even more had he been given the ok with it.

I just jumped on level 5 char that had alot of trouble in starter zones with carbonite and from what i can tell, it all seems to be working smoothly now, and that was way off.

Last edited by jc2470 : 09-10-12 at 05:35 PM.

09-10-12, 05:36 PM   #7
Grewe02
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by lolzorz View Post
I'm glad I came to these forums before downloading the "new" version of Carbonite. I will most definitely avoid the official version like the plague, and continue using Rythal's wonderful fan update until it no longer works. I have also added Rythal to my favorite list on this site, and will eagerly check out any addons he decides to author himself.
Agreed, and agreed.

09-10-12, 08:48 PM   #8
Rexall51
A Murloc Raider
I don't know why everyone else is having problems, could be other addons causing conflicts but I am having no trouble with the new version.

09-10-12, 09:08 PM   #9
vixenkitsune
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up carbonite rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am very iffy on downloading most addons but i have loved carbonite since someone suggested it to me and when the new patch came out i was so upset and hated playing wow without it. but i am very leery on odd site downloads so i never tried the fan update and the moment carbonite was updated i downloaded it and have had NOT ONE problem at all it runs perfectly fine and smooth no lag or latency thank you to creators of carbonite for updating it wow is so much better to play with your addon so thank you so much and please keep updating it especially with the new expansion soon to be coming out.

09-10-12, 09:41 PM   #10
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rexall51 View Post
I don't know why everyone else is having problems, could be other addons causing conflicts but I am having no trouble with the new version.
Same, same, basically. The only trouble I have had so far is the annoying icon blinking. ALL icons on the map.

And, again, Thank You Rythal for the help you gave us.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-10-12, 10:29 PM   #11
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Bilsy View Post
Really Rythal seemed to have fixed 80% of all the problems in one fan update. Seems pretty legit to me... I download their version and my performance goes back to ****. Uninstalled theirs and installed Rythal's update and it works fine and runs great.
Try clearing the folders, reinstalling completely - I'm getting a few reports of people not having problems (which normally is just silent). Also, Rythal spent quite a few sleepless nights editing and figuring out code - he did not release just one version but a few different versions (upgrades). I have to give him props for that, but the Devs had not had all that spare time since they have been back. Give them time - and the less complaining about their attitudes and threads about it that they have to comb through, the better.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » 5.04 New update is a Suicide Pill !!