05-21-11, 03:13 AM   #1
avachel
A Defias Bandit
Atlas overlaps Carbonite

Hi!

After doing some searching, and finding out that I need to have Atlas installed in order to view instance maps in Carbonite, I promptly installed Atlas.

Now the issue is, every time I open my map, I see BOTH Atlas and Carbonite. Granted, the Atlas version is smaller, and when I hover over Carbonite's map in the background, Atlas fades away.

Is this a bug, or is there a way to disable Atlas from popping up? Aside from looking terrible, it causes insane amounts of lag (and I'm running with 6gigs of RAM with a 10meg connection), along with causing every marker to go crazy.

05-21-11, 07:31 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A screen shot would go a long way in helping with this problem.

Without the screen shot, I would have to guess that the problem is occurring when you maximize the Carbonite map. You can try unchecking the "Minimap docks when map is maximized" and checking the "Minimap hides when map is maximized" options on the "Map Minimap" page of Carbonites options window. You should, also, have the "Minimap toggles full size for instances" option checked.

You could also try using Carbonite as the only enabled addon to see if the problem is caused by an addon conflicting with Carbonite.

It could also be a problem with the instance you are in. I know there is (was?) a problem with Blackwing Descent and framerates when using Carbonite.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 05-21-11 at 07:36 AM.

05-21-11, 08:21 AM   #3
avachel
A Defias Bandit
I haven't tested the issue in an instance, only in Tol Barad. The map works perfectly fine while in Tol Barad, but reverts back to displaying Atlas when in Orgrimmar.

The following image is when I press "M" to display my map.

And this image, is when I hover the mouse over Carbonite itself, which makes Atlas disappear.

***** Just to add:

Both of the options you mentioned above, were already unchecked. I tried checking both, and alternating between the two, to no avail. Neither of those configurations seem to be the problem.

Last edited by avachel : 05-21-11 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Additional info.

05-21-11, 12:58 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're not seeing Atlas in Orgrimmar, you're seeing the default behavior of the Carbonite map using the Blizzard capitol city graphics to show the capitol city. You will see the same thing when you visit any capitol city. Carbonite only uses the Atlas maps for instances.

Your second screen shot is like that because of how your options for the map are done. Normally, you will see the first screen shot whether or not your cursor is hovering the Carbonite map.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 05-21-11 at 01:02 PM.

05-30-11, 03:16 PM   #5
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You no longer need Atlas. Carbonite uses the Blizzard instance maps now. The Atlas map names have not been updated in a long time, so it would only use pre Cataclysm maps anyway.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Atlas overlaps Carbonite