06-08-10, 03:46 PM   #1
energetic008
A Murloc Raider

Lightbulb add-ons that could be added

SpellGuard by JuiCe <--very nice add-on to use

QuickCoords by Nen/chris <-simple cord addon use it to know party member cords,cursor cords on map, and self cords under potriats .. usefull for some people

VisualHeal by xbeeps <-helpfull healin mod thingy

AutoVendor by Olafski

Addon Control Panel by sylvanaar, Rophy, Saien <-i use it alot.. helps turn off add-ons and turn em on without loggin out

those are some that says are not avaliable..

Last edited by energetic008 : 06-08-10 at 03:47 PM. Reason: fix
06-08-10, 03:54 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unfortunately minion can't talk to curse until curse create a module for it. I assume the others are on curse as I know addon control panel is one I get from there. The only other option are for the creators to post the addons here too. But being an addon creator myself I can understand the reluctance to control 2 copies of the same addon.
06-08-10, 04:16 PM   #3
energetic008
A Murloc Raider

huh?

[quote=Xrystal;191458]Unfortunately minion can't talk to curse until curse create a module for it. QUOTE]

what you mean by that?
06-08-10, 05:01 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
What I mean is that minion has been designed to allow other addon site owners to create a module to keep track of their addon files. If I remember rightly the other sites were informed of this option and it was up to them to choose to do this or not.

By itself minion currently knows about wow interface files and can download and install as required. However, because curse hasn't created a module for minion it doesn't know where to look for the files or to get the information to display about the addon.

So, for addons on wowinterface you can use minion and for addons on curse you can use curse's download tool. You just have to make sure that you the user do not accidently overwrite an addon that appears on both sites that the individual download tools are not aware of.
06-09-10, 09:36 AM   #5
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

I think what Xrystal is trying to say is the reason why MMOU Minion can't update those addons is they are hosted on Curse.

Only the addon authors can upload their addons to wowinterface.com

The wowinterface admin team can't and most importantly won't arbitrarily add addons to wow interface that they haven't written do own the copyright for. It would be two-faced of them to turn around and do that to addon authors especially when they also fight the good fight for addon author's copyright.

And they certainly won't do it just so you can use their tool to update the addons you've listed above. The tool will only update addons hosted on wowinterface.com so if the addons not here it's not here. And only the addon authors involved can change that.

That's why she was talking to you about a Curse module
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
06-10-10, 12:46 AM   #6
Humage
A Murloc Raider

Partially true.

Minion was designed magnificently to include the feature of modules.
By default, Minion comes with one. WoWInterface Addon Updater (or some similar name)
This module enables Minion to interact with the WoWInterface.com website. Let's the user do things like download, install, update, etc.

The grand framework behind, also allows other addon hosting websites to create their OWN interaction module. This enables the other addon hosting sites to choose if they want to expand the usability of Minion to include their site.

In addition to that, a module does not have to be specifically for updating, installing addons. Other examples could be data feeds for WoWHead or ThotBot, or news feeds from various sites.

Now before everyone goes off in a flaming rant, there are lots of security precautions built into the framework of Minion that prevent any types of malicious intent. There have been many posts by the Minion developer himself talking about the SecurityManager.

I hope this shed a little more light on the topic.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » add-ons that could be added