02-03-10, 06:21 AM   #1
Daeanor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Auctioneer Suite

My first run of Minion went far better than I expected for a newly released beta, and it found nearly all of my AddOns correctly, except one or two that I already knew were unsupported dinosaurs (but still work, so hey ). My problem came up with the Auctioneer suite (Auctioneer, Beancounter, Informant, and the various helper AddOns). It detected them fine, and found updates properly, but threw a write error when trying to actually update them ... something along the lines of "could not write file <filename>." I didn't get the full and exact wording, because I was just plain going too fast and didn't note it better.

I thought little of it, and told it to ignore those mods just once, and when I launched WoW, they were completely gone. No big deal, I figured, it is a beta after all, and I restored them from the backup prudently recommended when you install Minion. The actual folders were completely gone from my AddOn folder, by the way, totally erased.

I would have just passed it off as a glitch, but now none of the Auctioneer AddOns are detected at all by Minion. It's like I never installed them. They do not even appear in the ignore list, and all of them are re-installed in WoW.

So how do I get it to recognize they exist? I tried resetting the WoW directory in options, but no go. And what might have caused the write error in the first place?
02-08-10, 10:54 AM   #2
Daeanor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I thought I would kick-start this thing by using Minion to re-install the auctioneer AddOns. It installed them, did the initial update, and they vanished again (just from Minion, the actual folders remained). Very curious.

In the absence of any kind of response, I'm going to try clearing my Java cache. I'll post whatever I find (if anything).

Last edited by Daeanor : 02-08-10 at 10:57 AM.
02-09-10, 07:42 AM   #3
Daeanor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Clearing the Java cache had no effect.
02-09-10, 12:42 PM   #4
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Strange. Could you please send me your configuration file and log file? The location of this is dependent on your OS. See the stickies for their location. Send it to me in a PM.

Thanks,
-- Shirik
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
02-21-10, 06:04 PM   #5
Daeanor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I don't know if this is helpful, but I'll throw it out here for information's sake. I decided to try re-installing Minion ... and the first time I ran it, it detected the Auctioneer suite add-ons just fine, but second time, no. I did not get a repeat of the folders disappearing; that must have been linked to the write error, which also did not repeat. I tried several times, with the downloaded version 3.2.0, and the updated 3.2.1, and got the same thing every time: first run after a new install, everything was detected (though I might add, it did say several add-ons were outdated, though they were the same version as what it downloaded), and run after that, the Auctioneer suite and its components didn't show up anymore.
03-25-10, 11:32 PM   #6
Lyynk
A Defias Bandit
I just want to add that I had a similar problem with Auctioneer. When I first installed Minion, it detected Auctioneer... I was getting some errors updating the addons because of Windows 7 file privileges. So, I closed the program, fixed the problem with it not being able to write to the Addons folder, and when I re-opened Minion it no longer detects Auctioneer.

I have the latest version 2.3.2. I checked my addons folder just to make sure it hadn't deleted it like the OP had said... Auctioneer is still there, it is just not being detected past the very first time of me opening Minion.

Thanks!
04-02-10, 05:41 PM   #7
frsty13
A Kobold Labourer
Yeah, I was having a similar problem. At first, it detected the Auctioneer addons. I updated them through Minion and they gave me a write error, so i reinstalled Auctioneer Suite through Minion (I'd had the write problem in the past with the program and reinstalling the write-error addons always seemed to fix it). Now, none of the Auctioneer Suite is showing in my list. I've checked my folders and the addons are indeed there. The program just isn't detecting them.
04-13-10, 06:01 AM   #8
VexVishnu
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I'm getting a similar problem as well. Someone with sexy brains help us hahaha. My brain just isn't smexi enough.
06-05-10, 07:01 AM   #9
heftig
A Kobold Labourer
Looking into why this is persistent, I discovered it's stored in Minion's config.xml.

The cause of this problem is addons getting designated as children of other addons, e.g. the Auctioneer suite was designated a child of the BeanCounter addon for me:

Code:
<AddOn name="BeanCounter">
  <UID>7879</UID>
  <Children>
    <Child>Auc-Advanced</Child>
    <Child>Auc-Filter-Basic</Child>
    <Child>Auc-ScanData</Child>
    <Child>Auc-Stat-Histogram</Child>
    <Child>Auc-Stat-iLevel</Child>
    <Child>Auc-Stat-Purchased</Child>
    <Child>Auc-Stat-Simple</Child>
    <Child>Auc-Stat-StdDev</Child>
    <Child>Auc-Util-FixAH</Child>
    <Child>Enchantrix</Child>
    <Child>Enchantrix-Barker</Child>
    <Child>Informant</Child>
    <Child>SlideBar</Child>
    <Child>!Swatter</Child>
  </Children>
</AddOn>
These child addons aren't displayed. Rather, they're handled together with their parent addon. Or that's what I assume, anyway.

Looking further, it seems the Auctioneer addons are children of each other. Is this supposed to happen?

Last edited by heftig : 06-05-10 at 07:14 AM.
06-13-10, 11:32 PM   #10
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Sorta.

There's a reason it's doing this. It's wrong, but there is a rationale behind it.

There's actually an Auctioneer-specific plugin in the works that I'd rather do work on than fix this problem, because this problem is actually quite difficult to fix. The auctioneer-specific module for Minion will correctly handle all of this and more.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Auctioneer Suite