04-16-09, 01:26 AM   #1
darkdraco9
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation how do you get rid of the quest updates

ok i had carbonite quest prior to the patch and loved it. now with full i having to turn a lot of things off i dont want or need. wheneven i get an item for a quest i keep getting a pop up in the right side screen tracking the quest.i find this annoying because the quester tracker window does this just fine. only way i have found to temporary turn off this new update is to shift click the quest in the log to remove the check mark but this only removes the check till the next time i get another item. i cant find in the options a way to turn it off permenantly. honestly just want carbonite quest back

04-16-09, 02:07 AM   #2
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
You sure that it's carbonite that is giving you a pop-up? I know there are settings to say your status change, but I haven't seen a pop-up showing more of a tracking feature - that is, unless you mean questwatch. Since I don't have that off, and never have, I don't know if it keeps showing up if you minimize it only - but if you turn it off properly it should stay off.

As to wanting just quest back - thank Blizzard for their policy, sorta mandated that you have the full version. You're lucky, even if you don't know it! :-)

04-16-09, 02:20 AM   #3
Shilandry
A Murloc Raider
I had the same thing..this got rid of them for me

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
We normally hide the Blizzard Quest Watch list, but they renamed their update function in patch 3.1, so it will show itself if you watch a quest in the Blizzard quest log or have their auto options turned on.

Press ESC, select Interface, select Objectives and uncheck:
Automatic Quest Tracking
Automatic Quest Progress Updates

"Fixed Blizzard watch list being shown in 3.1."

Fix will be in next version.

04-16-09, 02:22 AM   #4
darkdraco9
A Defias Bandit
oh its nice to have the full for free. ok there is the lil square thing with all the quests and the status that i use that i love that it works greats. what is happening is that lets say a quest needs 5 books and i get one book well it shows the quest and 1/5 collected. when you left click that the carbonite quest log pops up. this popping of the status what i trying to get rid of because i like the square box thing. sorry it is way late and tired so not looking up the correct names of the boxes lol

04-16-09, 02:25 AM   #5
darkdraco9
A Defias Bandit
shil thanks for you answer but i dont mind the blizzard updates because they disappear this is something that carbonite is doing that is staying in place unless i shift left click it everytime. cant find a way for it just stop.

04-16-09, 02:33 AM   #6
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I don't remember seeing anything that you have to shift click to clear. Maybe its a bug introduced by WoW 3.1.

I'm trying to remember if notifications can be configured to appear in different places, such as in the Error text area (the same place you get messages about spell not being ready, out of mana etc). If so, you may have them set to appear in a seperate frame.

Sorry, just thinking out loud.. I can't say for sure without starting WoW and opening Carbonite options

It might be an idea to post a screeny highlighting the square box thing you mean though

04-16-09, 02:43 AM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't understand the problem that is being described.

The Quest Watch list in Carbonite and Carbonite Quest looks and does the same basic stuff. There are just some extra settings in the menus on some of the buttons and there are many more settings in the Options page to customize it.

The Blizzard watch list showing at the same time as the Carb Watch List is a problem from the 3.1 patch. Carb 3.1 now hides the changed Blizzard watch list as we did in older versions of the game.

04-17-09, 03:19 AM   #8
Decibal
A Defias Bandit
I have a similar if backwards question: How do I revert to the blizzard default quest/achievement tracker? I mostly use Carbonite for the awesome map, but I prefer the default tracker and quest log. I already have the default log, but can't find a way to revert to the Objective Tracker introduced in 3.1.

04-17-09, 09:26 AM   #9
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Carbonite SHOULD NOT just supress the blizzard frames - they should give you the option to turn it on or of as you like.

04-17-09, 10:12 AM   #10
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Spahut View Post
Carbonite SHOULD NOT just supress the blizzard frames - they should give you the option to turn it on or of as you like.
I'm not entirely sure I'm with you on that. Carbonites watch list and map are integrated together to form more than the sum of their parts. Disabling the watch list in favour of blizzards unintelligent quest tracker seems a bit of an odd thing to want to do.

Using Blizzards quest tracker and the Carbonite map (without the Carbonite watch list) would kinda cripple the ability to override quest priotisation (white icons to the left of each quest objective), control what quest related icons are displayed on the map (the buttons at the top of the watch list) and be able to see at a glance which quests are being deferred (due to distance or whatever filter criterion has been chosen).

The only fly in the ointment right now is that Blizzard have just moved achievement tracking into their quest tracker frame. But that's a short term problem that I believe the Carbonite team are working on a fix for.

Last edited by Unbelievable : 04-17-09 at 10:24 AM.

04-17-09, 03:03 PM   #11
Decibal
A Defias Bandit
I'm not asking to disable the watchlist entirely. I just don't want it to suppress the Blizz frame unilaterally without an option to customize it the way I want. The way it was wroking previous to the last update was that I could have the carbonite list minimized all the time (Like I do anyway) and have it still highlight quest areas on the map (Which is half of why I use it) while Blizz's frame counted out objectives and whatnot. That's the functionality I want, and if I could roll-back, I would. I'm very picky about my GUI, and have never liked the way the carbonite list looks. Yes, I know, there are skins. None of them appeal to me. I don't use Carbonite's questlog for this same reason: I don't like how it looks.

04-17-09, 04:37 PM   #12
Marou
A Kobold Labourer
I too would like the option to use the blizz watch list. Since the new patch it lets u use quest items from the blizz watch list rather than looking thru your bags or having to put them on your action bar. Even if u do use the Carbonite watch list there is an option to turn off the blizz watch list but currently there is no way to turn it back on with Carbonite. Other than that i have no complaints and love the addon and ty for putting the time in to make it.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » how do you get rid of the quest updates