09-16-12, 12:35 AM   #1
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[Syla] General feedback

Greetings Sigg! After 1.25 years away from WoW, I am back, partly because I wanted to use RDX. After installing the alpha builds of RDX, Syla, Sitrax, and the Media Pack, I have some feedback. There are no bug reports, just observations.
  1. I turned on the view port to make things look better. The odd thing is that after adjusting the scale of the main Syla frame (buttons, minimap, chat frames) to fit my 1920 x 1080 monitor, the view port bottom had to be set to a height of 99 pixels. 100 pixels was *just* one pixel row too high. Kind of a weird number of pixels.
  2. All the unit frames, whether in default install or after adjusting had to be tweaked in their position a lot to get them to sit perfectly because of the rounded edges of the frames. The little anchor buttons weren't much help because they were in the wrong horizontal places.
  3. My monitor supports the "stereo video" I mentioned in a previous post. When that is on, the portrait graphics for every frame except Focus were empty and you could see the world behind. The Focus frame did have my picture but it was moving erratically like it was being shaken. All portraits work fine with stereo video turned off.
Now for some questions. I want to move the combat frame from the right side to the left so it is with the General and Guild chat frames. How do I do this? Next, the RDX button doesn't seem to have a way to move and sits in the middle of my screen. I know the button can be moved, but I can't figure it out.

More complex stuff: I am using ChocolateBar Broker display. How do I make a Broker display in RDX? Next, Skada is good, but since I am using RDX, I might as well use RDX to have windows for both DPS and threat. How are they built?

And last, since I am customizing Syla, what would happen if someone on my server used Syla and did not change anything? Are we sending each other our layouts? Is there any chance of accidentally overwriting our settings?

If you want, I can take screen shots before and after so you can see what I mean by all this. Just ask if you want them.

All in all, I am loving RDX. I have replaced Sunn ViewPort, Bartender4, Pitbull, TipTac (hey, RDX has a built in tooltip!), Bison, Prat, and SexyMap. Speaking of SexyMap, if I turn off the minimap in Syla, I take it I can use SexyMap if I want? I noticed you can't use both.
09-16-12, 02:30 AM   #2
Brainn
A Frostmaul Preserver
Sigg is currently on vacation, so i will comment on the parts i know enough about.

The window anchor function should be usable for you even if the anchor-points are not perfect by default - just create an anchor by dragging one button onto another, then click on the now red button and a window will open that allows you to define an offset for the anchoring.

You can move the RDX-Button by holding down shift and then dragging it around.

For DataBroker displays you can add the feature 'Ace LDB' found under complexes to a design object, then add the design to a window and use 'Single Unit Frame' set to player as data source and layout. In the editor for 'Ace LDB' you have a dropdown list to select the LDB feed you want to use.

Regarding syncing your changes with other people on your realm, as long as you dont manually send the files to someone they dont get send. Also if someone sends files to you, you get a popup asking if you want to accept the files with a warning that it would overwrite your current files.

For SexyMap, if you close any RDX window with a minimap feature you can use another minimap addon if you want. This is a limitation from Blizzards side, you cant have more than one minimap active at any time.

For the dps and threat meters, i still use skada since rdx meters do not provide enough details for me. If you want to try the rdx meters there are some example windows in the WoWRDX package, under Meter_* and Threat_* - you will have to fix up the frame references in the designs, but after that they work.
09-16-12, 05:26 AM   #3
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thanks for the reply, Brainn; very helpful. I will try the suggestions in a few minutes. The one thing you did not answer is if the chat, guild, and combat frames can be moved, and how. Do you know? If not, I can live with it until Sigg returns.
09-16-12, 11:24 AM   #4
Brainn
A Frostmaul Preserver
i took a quick look at how the syla interface is set up
the chat / combatlog objects are built into the main panel - if you want to move them independent from the main panel, you would have to drop the features from the main panel and create design/window objects for the chat windows. if you just want to adjust them a little bit you can also edit Syla\Panel_Main_ds and adjust the size / anchor offset for the RDX Tab Manager features.
09-16-12, 05:03 PM   #5
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That's what I was afraid of, sigh. And I couldn't "Ace LDB" anywhere. Same with the minimap; it is built into the main panel and thus can't be removed without editing the file. I will poke around and see what I can find in Panel_Main_ds.
09-21-12, 03:10 AM   #6
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
You can now duplicate theme from the menu and customize the duplicate theme

Syla contains two tabmanager one left, one right. It is not finished and a lot of work need to be done

Open the explorer, locate the two tabmanager object you can remove the combatlog tab from the tabmanager on the right and add it on the tabmanager on the left

I have a small connection from portugal
09-21-12, 07:50 AM   #7
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thank you for the tips, Sigg. Now go back to vacation and stop being so helpful until you get back!
09-21-12, 07:56 AM   #8
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Oh, so long as you can understand my spoken English, over the weekend I am going to try recording WoW, RDX, and Syla in 3D using Fraps. If that helps you, great; if not, that's good too. I will put it on my YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/myrroddin

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » [Syla] General feedback