07-13-16, 04:43 PM   #1
Rheves
A Kobold Labourer
Alt-tab OUT of warcraft with one click (Or one handed kinda thing)

I did a number on my hand so have been catching up on my fishing on my various chars. It would be real nice to be able to click maybe in the bottom left of the screen to switch back to my last active window and read or something while I'm fishing.

All my googling just brings up alt tab stuff relating to going into the game or notifications for when this or that happens.

Does anyone know if anything like that is out there?
07-14-16, 12:08 AM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you use a Logitech mouse or keyboard that either uses SetPoint or LGS (Logitech Gaming Software), there are a few things you can do in their settings.

If you use SetPoint, you can directly set a button to open Task View, which is similar to the Alt-Tab list that shows in Windows. First select a button you want to set the shortcut to, this can be any of the button IDs 3 or higher. Left and right buttons are reserved by Windows. Select "Other" in the function list and click "Select Function" that appears. A new window pops up with a dropdown list, you'll want to choose "Select Application". This causes the Windows Task View to pop up when you use that button.

If you use LGS, you can assign a programmable keyboard (or mouse) key to send keystrokes to Windows. Windows does have a keyboard shortcut to the Task View as WindowsKey-Tab. To have LGS bind this to a programmable key, make sure your device is selected in the LGS program if you have more than one. Next, select the profile manager (second to the left button that looks like a G-key). From here, you hover over a button on your device and click the down arrow that pops up. From the menu that pops up, you'll what to "Assign New Command". A configuration window pops up, make sure you have the "Keystroke" tab selected and with the top editbox selected, press WindowsKey-Tab. If you want to give your new command a name, you can. If not, you can leave it blank. Click "OK" and you're all set up.

If you don't have a Logitech product and are using another brand that uses programmable keys, you can try to set up the software associated with them to send WindowsKey-Tab to Windows. I have only used the Logitech software, so I can only offer instructions for SetPoint and LGS.

If you're using Windows 10, you can enable the Task View button that shows up to the left of your pinned and running programs on the taskbar. If you don't have this showing, you can right-click the taskbar and check "Show Task View Button".

Last edited by SDPhantom : 07-14-16 at 12:24 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Alt-tab OUT of warcraft with one click (Or one handed kinda thing)