Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
11-15-17, 04:45 AM   #1
Joker119
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Updating OUF causes issues without LUA errors

For the record: I'm currently using oUF v. 1.6.8 in my UI addon. It still works, but there, of course, are reasons to use an updated version - Mainly I wouldn't need to maintain my own classpower modules for every class seperately in the UI, among other things (the impending fear that any patch could potentially break 1.6.8 completely and leave me crying on my keyboard).

However - I'm thrown for a loop whenever I try to upgrade the oUF I use in my UI..

First of all, I have to remove
lua Code:
  1. if(_VERSION:find('project%-version')) then
  2.     _VERSION = 'devel'
  3. end
from oUF/ouf.lua otherwise my addon errors on that segment and bad things happen.
upon removing the code, I get no errors, but my non-player frames are broken:

I've tracked down the green bars issue to simply being my current implementation of healprediction, which can be easily resolved, however all of the other issues remain. The target's frame texture isn't loaded, all units have all raid icons shown above them, etc.
With no errors being displayed, I'm not exactly sure where to begin with fixing it..

To be frank - I'm not a veteran coder, I took charge of maintaining Roth UI from the original developer zork as he has no interest in it.
While i have been able to implement some minor features on my own like the nameplates, more orb custimizations and better artwork, this , I fear, is beyond me.

Usually when things break, I rely on lua errors to at least point me in the right direction.

If anyone is willing to help me figure this out, that'd be lovely.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Updating OUF causes issues without LUA errors