01-26-06, 07:03 AM   #1
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cirk's Channelcast

Channelcast is now officially obsolete, and has been replaced by Fastcast. Fastcast provides Channelcast's functionality in addition to a new fast-casting feature for those on high latency or laggy connections.

Channelcast helps make casting channeled spells easier by making them behave more like a normally cast spell.

Current version
Channelcast is currently version 1.9.1.

Download page
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4537

Known bugs
None when running with the default client.

Future enhancements
None planned.

-- Cirk of Doomhammer

Last edited by Cirk : 03-21-06 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Version 1.9.1 now available
01-28-06, 07:41 AM   #2
aci137
A Kobold Labourer
I really like your addons, they're unique and useful and they even look nice. I was just wondering if you have considered placing them on the other of the "big 3" WoW mod websites (www.curse-gaming.com and ui.worldofwar.net) in order to reach a wider audience.
01-28-06, 04:15 PM   #3
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by aci137
I really like your addons, they're unique and useful and they even look nice. I was just wondering if you have considered placing them on the other of the "big 3" WoW mod websites (www.curse-gaming.com and ui.worldofwar.net) in order to reach a wider audience.
Thanks Aci137! No I haven't really considered adding them to the other "big" sites yet. I gather mostly everyone checks all these sites out when hunting for addons, so I was assuming there isn't much need to have them posted everywhere (although I could be wrong ). Wowinterface.com was my site-of-choice when I did decide to upload my addons, mostly because of their interaction with the official UI forums/community, and because I like the forums, etc., here.
02-19-06, 03:43 PM   #4
bschieltz
A Murloc Raider
hey cirk, i really like this mod, seems like low memory and works like a charm.

i do have a suggestion. sometimes there are spells that are channeled, but that you dont want this to apply to, but in the heat of battle dont have time to turn it off. for instance mind vision for priest. it's low mana and often times i want to recast it before it wears off so that i can stay on my target who is now way out of range. it helps when watching the flag carrier run accross the field in wsg to direct your team, and watch where he goes in their base while your team regroups, while still staying on defense protecting your flag carrier.

so my suggestion would be allow the user to add spells to a list the mod would ignore. and for any spell not on the list it would work normal.
02-19-06, 04:03 PM   #5
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by bschieltz
hey cirk, i really like this mod, seems like low memory and works like a charm.

i do have a suggestion. sometimes there are spells that are channeled, but that you dont want this to apply to, but in the heat of battle dont have time to turn it off. for instance mind vision for priest. it's low mana and often times i want to recast it before it wears off so that i can stay on my target who is now way out of range. it helps when watching the flag carrier run accross the field in wsg to direct your team, and watch where he goes in their base while your team regroups, while still staying on defense protecting your flag carrier.

so my suggestion would be allow the user to add spells to a list the mod would ignore. and for any spell not on the list it would work normal.
Hey bschieltz, thats a good idea, I hadn't thought about things like mind vision (and mind control too) in this context, even though I use them on my priest too

Most channeled spells only last 10 seconds or less, whereas Mind Vision and Mind Control last up to a minute (if they aren't broken). Modifying Channelcast to allow re-casting of channeled spells after 10 seconds might be the easiest (quickest anyway) solution for this, rather than adding a UI for controlling which spells it checks for. It would mean that for Mind Vision target-jumping you would have to wait 10 seconds on each target (or cancel and recast on the new target, if it is in range), but would probably still work ok.

Thoughts?

-- Cirk
02-20-06, 12:45 PM   #6
bschieltz
A Murloc Raider
for what i use it for that would be a fine solution. i'm only recasting mind vision towards the end of it's cast to make it fresh.
02-22-06, 01:12 PM   #7
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Does this apply to the channeled spell fishing? I hope not
02-22-06, 04:11 PM   #8
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by mrruben5
Does this apply to the channeled spell fishing? I hope not
Channelcast is only active for channeled spells (specifically those that use action name "Channeling") so it won't interfere with other actions such as fishing, lockpicking, opening, etc., as you'd hoped

Which reminds me, I need to localize that string so that it will work on non-english clients

-- Cirk
02-26-06, 09:28 AM   #9
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I've just uploaded Channelcast v1.9.1 which has the change to limit the non-interruptable/repeatable channeling time to 10 seconds. Effectively this means that you should see no change at all in Channelcast's behavior for any spell apart from the priest's Mind Vision and Mind Control spells, which can now be recast after 10 seconds if needed (they normally have a 60 second duration).

I also fixed up the TOC interface number and made it be able to (hopefully) support non-english clients (although I've not been able to test that).

Let me know if you experience any problems.

-- Cirk
03-21-06, 02:11 AM   #10
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Channelcast is now officially obsolete, and has been replaced by Fastcast. Fastcast provides both Channelcast's functionality plus fast-casting feature support for those on high latency or laggy connections.

Note that if you change to Fastcast, make sure you delete your Channelcast folder in the Addons directory. Fastcast will automatically disable Channelcast if it finds it still installed, but they shouldn't both be present.

-- Cirk

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Cirk's Channelcast