09-16-10, 03:00 AM   #1
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
EclipseBar

Will the eclipsebar make it into the 1.5 release? If no, EvilPaul can you post your element please?

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
09-16-10, 03:08 AM   #2
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
The element code is located over at oUF's issue list on Github. I haven't committed it because I'm not certain about it yet, and character transfers is making it hard to test.

It would be awesome if people could give the element a try, and say what they think about it's current implementation.

There's one change that I'm 100% sure I'll make to it however, and that's the removal of the text support in it. I don't see any need for it to be there instead of through tags/post updates.
09-16-10, 04:19 AM   #3
yj589794
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I believe the element code is fairly solid, which is why I committed it. The problem is the layout code, as it is fairly specific.

You need to make sure you configure the status bars almost exactly as I have done in this example code: http://gist.github.com/574495
* The solar bar should be anchored to the texture of the lunar bar (this ensures that the bar positions update correctly)
* Both bars should only be anchored at one end, and should have a specific width (this ensure you do not get weird bar scaling)

The element is also currently missing any feedback from when the player gains/loses the buffs from reaching max power. I am not sure on how the default feedback should be displayed.

Overall I would class the proposed element as a potential starting point, but there is a lot of work left to complete the element.
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions then please feel free to post them here or message me over at GitHub.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » EclipseBar