09-17-09, 01:42 PM   #1
rhartshorne
A Murloc Raider
MMORPG/Warcraft Follow-Up Research

Hello all,

I am an Assistant Professor of Instructional Systems Technology at UNC-Charlotte. Along with my colleagues at Wake Forest and Purdue University, we are conducting a follow-up to a study of MMORPGs (specifically WoW) and citizenship participation that we conducted last year. Based on respondent feedback, we have modified our original survey and hope to get a larger and more representative sample of World of Warcraft players.
In an effort to explore parallels between civic leadership and participation in MMORPGs and ‘real-life’, we are surveying guild leaders, guild officers, and guild members of World of Warcraft. This study consists of participants completing a brief (6-12 minute) online, anonymous survey.

For those WoW players who wish to participate in the study simply complete the survey located here. All respondents will be again be entered into a raffle to win one of a number (3) of gift certificates to Amazon.com or EB Games, or a six month subscription to your favorite MMORPG (Winner's choice!). To complete the survey, you will first be directed to an Informed Consent form, at the bottom of which is a hyperlink to the survey itself.

For more information about our research, you can visit an interview conducted with the World of Warcraft Vault here. Thanks for your participation.

Cheers,

Richard
10-01-09, 01:52 PM   #2
rhartshorne
A Murloc Raider
If anyone else is interested in taking the survey (located here), it will be open until October 10th. The drawing will take place soon after that.

Cheers,

Richard
10-01-09, 01:59 PM   #3
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
OK, I might take a look at the survey and fill it out, however you should state whether or not the bribes... erm, incentives are for who happen to reside in the US only (as they typically are) or if us Canadians/Oceanic/Asian/European types have a shot at the incentives too.
10-01-09, 03:21 PM   #4
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

What Lykofos said, is there a possibility for me as a european to win any of the prices? I'll take a look at the survey anyway, but I just want to know.

EDIT:
Sorry! A bit late, I'm afraid...
We appreciate your effort to respond to this survey, but unfortunately, this survey has expired. This is because the date the survey creator chose for the end of the survey has passed.
Seems there's no point, even though it said to be ended by October 10th, not October 1st.

EDIT2: Seems I followed a bad link, ohwell!

Last edited by Wimpface : 10-01-09 at 03:24 PM.
10-13-09, 09:04 PM   #5
rhartshorne
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
What Lykofos said, is there a possibility for me as a european to win any of the prices? I'll take a look at the survey anyway, but I just want to know.

EDIT:

Seems there's no point, even though it said to be ended by October 10th, not October 1st.

EDIT2: Seems I followed a bad link, ohwell!

My apologies for not getting back to this sooner...We have extended it until 10/20. All participants will be placed into the pool for the drawings, so being a U.S. citizen is not a requirement to win the prizes.
10-13-09, 11:25 PM   #6
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I took the survey and I found this misleading. Maybe it's just me, but what does answering political or social poV's of our country have to do with the Gaming Community and the games we play?

If you could please shed some light on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Fear my Aim, for it be True, Swfit, and Deadly!
10-14-09, 08:27 AM   #7
Roane
A Theradrim Guardian
It's stated in the original post that the study is to explore parallels between civic leadership (in the real world) and the equivalent in MMOs. I didn't feel any of the questions weren't relevant to that, personally.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » MMORPG/Warcraft Follow-Up Research