11-02-14, 04:03 AM   #1
Ibglitrbug
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up EasyTricks Hoping someone will fix this addon.

Easy Tricks isnt working and no one seems to be taking care of it any more its one of the best reminders i have found for telling you your tricks have fallen off and to apply them on the right person.

When i open it and go to settings and then click on configuration mode it works, but after i move it in to place and then uncheck the configure mode it jumps to a different position.

Several of the checked boxes are highlighted which was not the case before you cant seem to uncheck the boxes it just highlights them again. Also it wont come out of configure mode once its put in it.

Hope this helps explain it i have no idea how addons work only that they do or dont lol thanks .

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...asyTricks.html

Last edited by Ibglitrbug : 11-02-14 at 04:04 AM. Reason: link didnt work
11-02-14, 09:00 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm about 99% sure this is another casualty of the switch from 1/0 and 1/nil to true/false, which is an easy fix, but I don't have the time or the interest to fix someone else's abandoned addon right now. There's also the matter that unless the addon author put the addon in the public domain or under an open-source license, it's actually not legal for someone else to publish a fixed version of it.

However, while I don't play a rogue, after reading the tooltip for Tricks of the Trade, I'm not sure such an addon is really even useful anymore. All the ability seems to do is transfer threat, but does threat even matter anymore?
11-03-14, 04:10 PM   #3
Ibglitrbug
A Murloc Raider
ty for answering

Its not a matter of transfering threat its a matter of who is the most importaint to put the tricks on and to keep them up so they help me and dont fall off, and as i said i dont really know about how to fix it or i would my self.
Not to repost but to use so as far as the lic and infringing. I really dont know, not sure why you did respond if you didnt want to mess with it ? With that said thanks for responding.
Maybe someone else will take a look at it.
11-03-14, 04:28 PM   #4
Vrul
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Tricks of the Trade no longers provides a dps boost which makes updating that addon pointless.
11-03-14, 05:07 PM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Ibglitrbug View Post
not sure why you did respond if you didnt want to mess with it ?
1) If someone else does want to look at it, I've explained what is almost certainly the problem, and how to fix it.

2) If it's not worth updating due to changes in the patch that you overlooked, isn't it better you find out about those changes now, rather than stressing out over finding someone to update the addon and then finding out weeks or months down the road that it's not actually useful anymore?

The current description for Tricks of the Trade says:
The threat caused by your next damaging attack and all actions taken for 6 sec afterwards will be transferred to the target party or raid member. Transferred threat is not permanent, and will fade after 30 sec.
The patch notes were quite extensive, so it's totally understandable if you missed the change, but based on that description, it sounds like the ability is now entirely useless.
11-03-14, 06:16 PM   #6
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It is not useless; there are many situations in raids where transferring threat to a tank is necessary or at least beneficial, since they can't be in two places at once.

Sending bats to the tank instead of killing your healers on Thok, for example, or practically any fight with adds.
11-03-14, 07:07 PM   #7
Phanx
Cat.

Even so, it's not something you need or want to be just blindly casting on cooldown, so an addon to remind you to cast it on cooldown and help multiple rogues chain cast it on each other doesn't seem particularly useful.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » EasyTricks Hoping someone will fix this addon.