04-02-11, 03:07 PM   #621
Ither
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Game92 View Post
My own one. ^^
I'm slightly retarded..

So you wrote an addon that shows icons just for your totembar?

04-02-11, 03:14 PM   #622
Oraknathal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Zagrei View Post
That sounds like a good idea to me! Haha

EDIT:

Just the built in StUF ones, with the SetBackdrop command used to make them purty
is it the same code for the ufs that make the totems timers like that?

04-02-11, 03:28 PM   #623
nelothi
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Been working on an update to Squats' UI. Im in need of suggestions and feedback.

thanks.

04-02-11, 04:09 PM   #624
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by StormCalai View Post
I'm slightly retarded..

So you wrote an addon that shows icons just for your totembar?
No it's blizzards totembar, but i removed thier textures, and summon totems, and recall totems buttons and added beautycase borders.

04-02-11, 05:22 PM   #625
Tanthalus
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by nelothi View Post
Been working on an update to Squats' UI. Im in need of suggestions and feedback.

thanks.
Changes to consider:
Buff timer in upper left is a bit cramped. Id try and turn off the uneeded proceeding zeros. i.e. 2 rather than 00:02
The font youre using for the "23" on your unit frame can be your flavor. Apply it to more things so you have more consistency. (SBT/timers etc font)

04-02-11, 09:59 PM   #626
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Tanthalus View Post
Whats going on with your screenshots? They all look dithered?
My computer sucks, so I use Leatrix GFX to lower the graphics even further than you normally can, as I value FPS highly. It makes it slightly dithered, but you honestly can't see it when stuff is moving. When everything freezes in place, like in a screenshot, it's basically the worst-case scenario for my graphics, hehe. Oh well, I live with what I have

04-03-11, 12:27 AM   #627
nin
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Well, that will come once I get a better computer It's tricky to replace a laptop screen... haha. 13.3" MacBook '07... not exactly top-of-the-line :P
Ouch, how do you manage too play with such a small screen and the minimalistic style of ui ? :P

My eyes would bleed forever.

So for not going too offtopic, here's what my ui looks like when trying coolline for cd's again.. not sure if i like more than the alpha buttons yet.

-_-V
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoW 2011-04-01 20-55-14-41.jpg
Views:	771
Size:	515.9 KB
ID:	5939  

04-03-11, 02:04 AM   #628
tenub
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Still working in Photoshop, but here's my newest concept:

04-03-11, 09:42 AM   #629
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by nin View Post
So for not going too offtopic, here's what my ui looks like when trying coolline for cd's again.. not sure if i like more than the alpha buttons yet.
I'm having a little UI envy. Your color choice (among other things) is really tasty.

I've used button alpha for CDs a lot, and it seems to take a bit less recognition time & effort than when I used Forte. I guess the main reason is abilities occupying the same button positions which you wind up memorizing, and recognizing "peripherally" or what have you.

The other screenshot is a wip I'm wondering if anybody thinks is worth pursuing. It's like a kgpanels gradient/shadow fest which I kinda like, but I'm like losing all objectivity...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_041510_135447.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	420.1 KB
ID:	5942  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_061310_155114.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	5943  

04-03-11, 11:14 AM   #630
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Aprikot View Post
The other screenshot is a wip I'm wondering if anybody thinks is worth pursuing. It's like a kgpanels gradient/shadow fest which I kinda like, but I'm like losing all objectivity...
You are obscuring parts of the minimap, action bars and chat. Not functional in any way, shape or form.

04-03-11, 11:33 AM   #631
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by haylie View Post
You are obscuring parts of the minimap, action bars and chat. Not functional in any way, shape or form.
I appreciate the feedback. I was attempting a hovering/peeled off the screen look...I might try it in a more functional layout. I'm not sure what you mean by obscuring those elements (they're all visible to me ). Do you mean the gradient?

04-03-11, 11:57 AM   #632
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I really like the one on the left, with the skinny bars. I like the separation of the player and target bars. Do you see any difference in PVP vs PVE with that style? I'd think with them so far apart, you're less likely to notice your own health.

Do you mean the gradient?
I think so, yes, especially with the top row of the action bars. However, that all really depends on what you're using the action bar for. If it's just to see if a target is out of range/no focus, well that is mainly a color difference and the gradient shouldn't make too much of a difference.

Something that many people fail to remember when looking at UIs that seem really dark or bright is how the person has their monitor set up, or even the type of monitor they're using. With my eyes on my screen, I may see something completely different from your eyes on your screen in terms of brightness/color.

04-03-11, 12:22 PM   #633
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by sakurakira View Post
I really like the one on the left, with the skinny bars. I like the separation of the player and target bars. Do you see any difference in PVP vs PVE with that style? I'd think with them so far apart, you're less likely to notice your own health.
Yes, it wasn't very good for PvP, especially melee, and back when I used that UI (ALZA), I wound up changing the layout for that reason.

Name:	WoWScrnShot_051210_165335.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	5945

Originally Posted by sakurakira View Post
Something that many people fail to remember when looking at UIs that seem really dark or bright is how the person has their monitor set up, or even the type of monitor they're using. With my eyes on my screen, I may see something completely different from your eyes on your screen in terms of brightness/color.
I totally forgot about this. I know gamma settings can also make a profound difference. ty!

04-03-11, 09:25 PM   #634
Tanthalus
An Aku'mai Servant

My computer sucks, so I use Leatrix GFX to lower the graphics even further than you normally can, as I value FPS highly. It makes it slightly dithered, but you honestly can't see it when stuff is moving. When everything freezes in place, like in a screenshot, it's basically the worst-case scenario for my graphics, hehe. Oh well, I live with what I have
I tend to actually like the dithered look, it melds my pixel perfect/pixel art addiction.

Typically though even really bad on-board GFX cards lose no FPS using 24bit over 16bit. Mainly due to the game being extremely CPU bound. Have you tried setting it to 24bit to see? Not a big beal or anything

04-04-11, 04:49 AM   #635
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Tanthalus View Post
I tend to actually like the dithered look, it melds my pixel perfect/pixel art addiction.

Typically though even really bad on-board GFX cards lose no FPS using 24bit over 16bit. Mainly due to the game being extremely CPU bound. Have you tried setting it to 24bit to see? Not a big beal or anything
I used to have a laptop with an integrated card (0.5 fps in raids, you know the deal) and setting it to 16bit made a world of a difference. Sometimes I would actually get up to 11 fps in a 25 man, and the laptop was much cooler after a few hours of playing.

04-04-11, 08:46 AM   #636
LLozaa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
So, I "borrowed" an idea or two from Led's last UI pic, then put my spin on it :P Thoughts?

EDIT: The Shaman Combat pic has been updated with some minor changes: A panel behind the main actionbar/secondary power, Opacity changes for the 2nd actionbar, and totem timer changes (over minimap).
your uis make me jealous
also i've got some questions.
How do you get that frame on your actionbars? kgpanels?
Whats your lynstats code? I cant seem to get mine to be a solid color bar at the bottom like that any help?

04-04-11, 10:26 AM   #637
Yandere
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by nin View Post

-_-V
While Coolline looks pretty good, I'd say that having the button layout will, when taking into account pure functionality, work better once you get used to their position. No overlapping icons (even if they do blink in and out when that happens) will just give you the information quicker if you can just cast an eye where you already know your ability is. Basically your mind will register the cooldown information quicker with the buttons. Looks vs. functionality.

On a side note, I'd like to ask if it'd be possible for you to share your oUF layout? I like it a lot, always been a fan of the shadowy borders.

04-04-11, 10:44 AM   #638
henrik_s
Enhancement Shaman

Something I've been working on for a little while. Not sure I'm entirely happy with the buff/cooldown/bar icons. Any thoughts?

04-04-11, 11:15 AM   #639
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by henrik_s View Post

Something I've been working on for a little while. Not sure I'm entirely happy with the buff/cooldown/bar icons. Any thoughts?
Wow! The health/power level border is crazy impressive. How is that being done?

04-04-11, 11:40 AM   #640
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Nice one Henrik, now that is something original imo. Not really sure if I like it or dislike it tho. I like the look, but for some reason it doesn't look that practical.
The thing I dislike the most is the black in the frames, I generally don't like pure black for things like that.
The error frame in your chat, doesn't that get a bit spammy after a while?

Meh, I don't know. Would love to see what the end result is tho.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » UI Feedback Thread