11-25-11, 02:29 AM   #1
Dozi
mimic grid or vuhdo

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to set up raid & party frames that looked like grid or vuhdo?

For example in vuhdo I have an icon appear when I cast a hot on a party member and a time to expire. The border and health bar change color if I can remove a curse.

Would this be possible with RDX, and if so where would I start?

Many thanks in advance for any help.
11-25-11, 03:08 AM   #2
unlimit
Lookin' Good

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It is really all a matter of practice, you can mimic grid or vudoh easily.

My AUI (or in game "Desktop") Pandora @ http://www.wowinterface.com/download...I-OpenRDX.html would be a good place for you to start.

What I mean by that is, the best way to learn how to make anything in RDX is practice, and the best way to practice is to tear apart someone else's work.

Look at how it was made, and try to re-create it exactly in another design / window.

That is the BEST way to learn.

kúdan: im playing pantheon
JRCapablanca: no youre not
** Pantheon has been Banned. **
11-25-11, 09:26 AM   #3
Dozi
Unlimit,

Cheers for the quick reply.

I have been using your UI to help build my unit frames, though I still have a long way to go with them. I just got my health, predicted health and power bar working this morning.

I have not used RDX in a group setting yet which I why I was asking how to mimic grid and vuhdo. I will play around a bit more. Before I spend too much more time with RDX is it possible to have an icon display for a hot and possibly show the remaining time?

Cheers.
11-25-11, 09:47 AM   #4
unlimit
Lookin' Good

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm pretty sure, all a hot is is a buff, so you'd just create a Aura In Set feature (not able to get on wow right now, that's probably not the exact name) and set a texture to show/hide if that specific aura comes across as true.

On the "testing it" note, just queue up for alterac valley or isle of conquest.

Instant, working, interactive test dummies.

I get on the gunship and pretend like I'm doing stuff (that is, when I'm not actually doing stuff. c.c)

kúdan: im playing pantheon
JRCapablanca: no youre not
** Pantheon has been Banned. **
11-25-11, 05:14 PM   #5
Dozi
I had not thought of PVP in that way

Cheers for the point in the right direction.

I have created a holy power frame for my pally but rather than use bars or icons to show holy power, is it possible to have a count in numbers or would I have to create an image of the number 1 and so on?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » mimic grid or vuhdo