04-03-09, 04:58 PM   #1
SeireiKitsune
A Murloc Raider
WTF folder

has anyone recently noticed the game does not save any variables from custom ui's here anymore?
04-03-09, 05:00 PM   #2
elsydeon
A Kobold Labourer
it does, just not in the WTF folder proper; addon config info is saved in the ACCOUNT/SavedVariables and Character/SavedVariables folders
04-03-09, 05:28 PM   #3
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SeireiKitsune View Post
has anyone recently noticed the game does not save any variables from custom ui's here anymore?
If you are using windows vista you can easily get confused as it makes two directories for wow.
04-04-09, 02:14 PM   #4
SeireiKitsune
A Murloc Raider
Really? where is the second place...i am on vista and my WTF folder recently stopped saving things there (my WTF file is COMPLETELY empty and all my addons work just fine)
04-04-09, 02:28 PM   #5
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SeireiKitsune View Post
Really? where is the second place...i am on vista and my WTF folder recently stopped saving things there (my WTF file is COMPLETELY empty and all my addons work just fine)
For Windows Vista, your working WTF folder will be located at:

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft

However if you move WoW out of the Program Files folder (such as moving the folder to C:\WoW for example), then things should work exactly as they do with Windows XP (aka everything in your normal WoW folder).
04-04-09, 02:51 PM   #6
SeireiKitsune
A Murloc Raider
Well i made it to C:\Users\<Username>\ and apparently AppData doesnt exist x_X
04-04-09, 02:53 PM   #7
SeireiKitsune
A Murloc Raider
Nevermind it was just hidden thank you very much! ^^
05-04-09, 09:20 PM   #8
Rudedog29
A Kobold Labourer
I'm not too computer savvy. I know enough to get myself in trouble though, accoriding to my brother. I've been playing WOW, and decided to get a map coord add-on. It was working just fine till patch 3.0. Don't ask, I don't remember which add-on it was. I deleted it from the add-on file and dl'd Cartographer, again it worked fine. After a couple of weeks, another update, and I got a couple of error messages, and something that said out of date. It stopped working. I looked around, did a bunch of reading, and figured I'd remove it and reinstall. All of a sudden I have 2 WTF and 2 Interface folders. Well it updated again the other day, and Cartographer stopped again. So I figure ok, do a complete uninstall of WOW and Burning Crusade, and re-load it all again. Now I have 3 Interface files, and 3 WTF files as well as a 4th WTF that has config.WTF in it when you open it. What gives, what did I do, if anything? Is it ok? The game itself plays great, but there are no add-ons. I'm getting to the point of just saying screw it and just keep playing as is. Any ideas? Sorry for the long post, but I figure it's better to let you know exactly what's up to my best recollection. Thanks rudedog.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » WTF folder