07-30-06, 10:45 AM   #1
Dialos
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Problem with tooltip disappearing

Ok, I've just rewritten my mod and it works for the most part. I'm having a problem with the tooltip pulsing (I think it's something to do with onUpdate) which makes the text unreadable. I can get it to do this anytime I mouse over an item in my bags that corresponds to an equipment location that is currently empty, but I'm having a lot of people posting that the tooltip is disappearing after 2 or 3 seconds or pulsing all the time. I'm thinking that I haven't done something right in my hooks.

I would appriciate it very much if someone could look over my code and let me know if I've done something wrong in the way I've hooked the bag setitem function and if I'm prossibly missing something that would be causing the above to happen. I've spent hours staying at my code and changing things around, but still get the same results.

Thanks in advance.

Mod link:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...5188#cmnt10799
08-16-06, 05:50 PM   #2
Dialos
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thought I'd post here to say that I figured out how to fix the tooltip. I created some check variables that would prevent the tooltip and all my calculations from being run more then once for a single item. It was pretty simple once I figured it out.

You learn something new every day.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Problem with tooltip disappearing