03-05-10, 02:54 PM   #1
Inrego
An Aku'mai Servant
Adding GearScore?

Hey I was wondering if it would be possible to add Gearscore as a custom text on my target unitframe?
03-05-10, 06:23 PM   #2
Brainn
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
this is most likely something you should better ask in some gearscore forum...
there is no special integration needed to get the gearscore data to your unitframe, and i hope sigg wont start integrating every single useless addon from that someone is trying to get data.
for me things like this are the fun part of working with openrdx, so i will give you a little hint...
take a look at this code taken directly from gearscore:
Code:
function MyPaperDoll()
	GearScore_GetScore(UnitName("player"), "player"); GearScore_Send(UnitName("player"), "ALL"); 
	--SendAddonMessage( "GSY_Version", GS_Settings["OldVer"], "GUILD")
	local Red, Blue, Green = GearScore_GetQuality(GS_Data[GetRealmName()].Players[UnitName("player")].GearScore)
    PersonalGearScore:SetText(GS_Data[GetRealmName()].Players[UnitName("player")].GearScore); PersonalGearScore:SetTextColor(Red, Green, Blue, 1)
end
03-06-10, 07:05 AM   #3
Shamino
A Theradrim Guardian
i wonder if you could install an LDB gearscore addon and let it interface with GearScore. Then in your unitframe implement the LDB object ?
03-06-10, 07:17 AM   #4
Brainn
A Frostmaul Preserver
LDB objects can only be used in artframes, not in unitframes.
03-06-10, 11:49 AM   #5
Inrego
An Aku'mai Servant
I certainly don't hope that he adds support for every addon out there, and not this either. That is why I asked for a custom script that could maybe be used. I'm not rly into lua coding, but I thought that a script like this would maybe also be used by other ppl, so maybe someone could make one?

I'm asking because I used RDX back when it was a pay-to-use addon and mobs health wasn't available from blizz, so you'd have to use mobhealth3. Back then, someone made a custom script to add as a text in unitframes in RDX to show mobhealth on the unitframe.
03-06-10, 04:33 PM   #6
christopher
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
No.

That is all.
03-07-10, 04:59 AM   #7
Inrego
An Aku'mai Servant
k, I'll try to see if I can get in touch with the author of GS.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Adding GearScore?