10-25-10, 06:34 AM   #1
Shamino
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Shared desktop?

Hey Sigg and team. Does RDX support a non-shared desktop/configuration mode? Keep reading for an explanation of what i mean by this.

I have a few toons that I use RDX for (priest, pally, mage, dk). Most use different OOBE and window placement, and some shared windows.
Mage=Frigid OOBE
Priest=TP Raid (not oobe)
Pally/DK=Persolite

Using the party desktop as an example. The Frigid OOBE seems to not share settings with other characters, if i open a Frigid window, it does not open for other characters when they log in.

However for TP raid and Persolite windows it seems they share a desktop, meaning that when i open a window on one character, that window is opened on another character. When i close it, it then closes it on the other character. Placement is the same issue, if i move it on one character, it moves it on the others.

So I am kinda confused as to how this is meant to work? And why its not behaving consistently?
10-28-10, 12:53 PM   #2
Shamino
A Theradrim Guardian
so appears the issue is that Desktops are shared amongst characters. And when you installed a new OOBE, a new desktop is created. Everyone using that same OOBE, will then share that desktop.

So then the question becomes "Can this be changed so that desktop is unique to characters?"

Is there a way to create a desktop without having to install or create a new OOBE?
10-28-10, 03:01 PM   #3
Narinka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I'm afraid these OOBEs create some shared desktops for you. Check autoexecs etc. Default RDX desktops are not shared, at least for me :\ I have specific desktops for all my characters (tons of them).
It is organized like..
charname_realm (DUI)
charname_realm_party
charname_realm_raid
etc in your "desktops" package.
10-29-10, 12:19 AM   #4
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Hello

Each OOBE come with one DUI.

When you edit the DUI, you can select the desktop for solo, party, raid etc.

You just need to duplicate this DUI and the 8 desktops to somewhere.

By default, a DUI is created for each character.

Cheer
PS: DUI will be renamed as AUI (Adaptic User Interface)
10-29-10, 04:51 AM   #5
Shamino
A Theradrim Guardian
is there a way that i could create a symlink so that the OOBE would point to the characters default DUI? much like mouse bindings work?
10-29-10, 10:35 AM   #6
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
No

You have to manually create many DUI with desktops.

I understand what you want, but it is not possible for now.
10-29-10, 02:52 PM   #7
Shamino
A Theradrim Guardian
k no problem, thanks for confirming. i have started to play with revising the selected DUI and desktops and its working fine now. thanks for all the replys!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Shared desktop?