05-26-09, 02:04 AM   #1
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A Simple Request

Minion is pretty much inches away. So I just have a simple request: Please be gentle.

I fully expect bugs. That's the intention of a beta release - to isolate less common bugs through widespread exposure. I also expect people to propose features left and right. I encourage this. However, let me show you something.

Here's a few statistics for you:

SVN Revisions: 255
Lines of code: 24587
Date of first revision: October 13, 2008
Date of conception: Honestly, I don't know, but if I had to estimate, around June 2008
Total number of developers: 1 (+ Dolby doing some things server-side)
Amount paid in compensation: $0

In short, that is a hell of a lot of work for one person to do, especially as a volunteer. That puts the project at extremely high risk of defects. While it's been tested by people on all types of platforms and of all levels of computer expertise, it's very likely we missed something.

Keep your bug reports meaningful and your patience at a reasonable level, and we all can make this what we want it to be.

Thanks,
-- Shirik
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
05-27-09, 05:18 AM   #2
jayfyve
A Kobold Labourer
Thanks for your efforts, they are appreciated! It worked great for me. I even clicked through some banners to help, and turned off adblocking on wowinterface.com (just try and keep the popups/unders under control).
05-27-09, 05:55 AM   #3
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by jayfyve View Post
Thanks for your efforts, they are appreciated! It worked great for me. I even clicked through some banners to help, and turned off adblocking on wowinterface.com (just try and keep the popups/unders under control).
If you find popup/popunder adverts or ads that are just plain annoying (flickering, music, etc.), then report them to Cairenn so she can scream at the ad providers. Be sure to include your geographic location as different regions get different adverts.

@Shirik, so far so good. I have done some testing and things a looking good. I will have a few requests however they are not mission critical so they can wait.

Last edited by Zyonin : 05-27-09 at 11:49 AM.
05-27-09, 10:18 AM   #4
kraftman
A Theradrim Guardian
soooo... why aren't you getting paid for this?

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » A Simple Request