08-31-09, 12:46 PM   #1
Overfiend1981
A Defias Bandit
Smile Can we download Favourites using MMOUI???

Hi guys,

Im new to the forums, not to the site though

I have been using previous download manager but I am wondering can I use MMOUI to actually grab all the favourites and download them for my fresh WoW install or do I have to download them by hand first.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
08-31-09, 01:31 PM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Not at the moment but I do have an API available that will allow the minion devs to do this. I'd like to see this feature as well and I've requested it in our bug tracker since it was a feature of our old updater. So I'm sure at some point it will be added to the minion.

The nice thing about having a favorites downloader is if you change computers or using some one elses computer you can easily get all your addons with out even thinking.
08-31-09, 01:38 PM   #3
Overfiend1981
A Defias Bandit
Thats exactly what Im after

Thanks for the info - will download them again

Kind regards
08-31-09, 04:27 PM   #4
keeker
A Murloc Raider
Talking

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Not at the moment but I do have an API available that will allow the minion devs to do this. I'd like to see this feature as well and I've requested it in our bug tracker since it was a feature of our old updater. So I'm sure at some point it will be added to the minion.

The nice thing about having a favorites downloader is if you change computers or using some one elses computer you can easily get all your addons with out even thinking.
Hmmm, I would have thought that would be one of the first things to be put into it. But i guess the other "great features" were more important though ... wait, it has features?
08-31-09, 07:06 PM   #5
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Detecting your currently installed addons and matching them up correctly with the database on wowi... very large undertaking specially when there are very few standards. That was the feature most people were looking for and the one they are currently working on and spending a lot of time to make it as accurate as possible. Also the ability to search for new addons and install them from the updater was another big feature that is in the updater. Once that is locked down I'm sure they will add more features like the one mentioned above.

Last edited by Dolby : 08-31-09 at 07:11 PM.
09-04-09, 01:43 AM   #6
darkclown
A Murloc Raider

This would be a huge win. I was sorely disappointed to see this feature not implemented, when the WOWI updater worked. I want to see Minion succeed, but lacking certain "coer" (imo) features is holding it back.
09-04-09, 06:51 AM   #7
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

is it possible you could release this as a plugin for the minion?

09-05-09, 09:06 PM   #8
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mechrior View Post
is it possible you could release this as a plugin for the minion?
If/when this feature is added, it would probably be part of the WoWI module. There's no real point to making it a separate plugin.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Can we download Favourites using MMOUI???