Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-22-07, 08:27 PM   #1
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Something I didn't quite get...

I'm not looking to start a flame war, I'm just looking for one or two mature opinions from the other side of the fence. What was the big stink about Mazzle selling his compilation? The mods in question are freely available, he's only selling the means by which to configure them and make them interoperable, as well as support them. If the download he was offering for sale was only his creative work and you had to download the mods seperately, would that be so much better?...because that's essentially what those who are upset are proposing. It's like folks want to make extra work for people who just want to enjoy the game (with the UI). If the mods were for sale by the authors, there might be some ground to stand on, but they just aren't. There's no profit margins being cut into. If Windows comes bundled with free software, do the authors of that software typically complain? Not usually...if anything it's free exposure. I guess i just don't get it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Something I didn't quite get...